Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 - 4k RX 580 - 10.13.4 & 10.14.4 & 10.15.0 - SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
@jamesst20 Actually I have to agree with you. I used the OC EFI of @scotkendall and it went well as long as I use the HDMI of my RX 580 but I can't get it to boot at all when I remove the 580 and just use the iGPU.

With your "Latest EFI" I initially had a problem with getting stuck at the first screen of Clover until I tried downgraded my BIOS to F11 (from F15a) then it booted just fine--using both HDMI of my RX 580 and the iGPU. Now my only question is how can I make DisplayPort work in both my RX 580 and iGPU? It just turns black after the Apple logo. Any idea?

CloverUEFI was working perfectly fine. I am not sure there are any benifits to the alternative bootloader.

The only that that wasn't working was the integrated wifi on board. That's why I used the TP Link t9e.

Use the latest zip has it contains a more up to date clover version

@jamesst20 Actually I have to agree with you. I used the OC EFI of @scotkendall and it went well as long as I use the HDMI of my RX 580 but I can't get it to boot at all when I remove the 580 and just use the iGPU.

With your "Latest EFI" I initially had a problem with getting stuck at the first screen of Clover until I tried downgraded my BIOS to F11 (from F15a) then it booted just fine--using both HDMI of my RX 580 and the iGPU. Now my only question is how can I make DisplayPort work in both my RX 580 and iGPU? It just turns black after the Apple logo. Any idea?

If you take a look at my main thread (page 1), you will see I have linked extra instructions for bios F12+. I don't think it's really worth the trouble though. About the ports.. I always used display port on my Gigabyte RX 580 and it always worked out of the box. You probably have a different card dont you?

This guide my be your answer https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...hdmi-black-screen-problem.269149/#Compilation

Yeah, I saw your F12 guide. But I'm not using 9900K for this (I use 8700 same as yours) so I didn't bother. That's weird, I use Gigabyte RX 580 as well. The 4GB version. But I just can't get it to display using Displayport. I'm using a 144hz monitor, does it matter?

For the guide you sent, honestly, I'm not sure if I'm stupid but I just couldn't understand how to work the Hackintool thing. Did you ever try using iGPU instead? Maybe you can help me set EFI to use Displayport of iGPU? :)

Yeah, I saw your F12 guide. But I'm not using 9900K for this (I use 8700 same as yours) so I didn't bother. That's weird, I use Gigabyte RX 580 as well. The 4GB version. But I just can't get it to display using Displayport. I'm using a 144hz monitor, does it matter?

For the guide you sent, honestly, I'm not sure if I'm stupid but I just couldn't understand how to work the Hackintool thing. Did you ever try using iGPU instead? Maybe you can help me set EFI to use Displayport of iGPU? :)

I believe if your RX 580 is connected you cannot use the video ports from the motherboard, you must use the ports from the graphics card.

I've never use my computer without the GPU to be honest.

I don't know if the refresh rate has anything to do, but I would say no because Mac OS can choose the Hertz it wants.

For the BIOS guide for F12+, you have to follow it anyway, I also had a 8700.

My system is not configured with IGPU so that is why you can not get the ports on your board to work. I also do not have WEG enabled in the Config file so while it resides in the kext folder it is not actually enabled. I would stay away from OC unless you have a fully working system in Clover. There are a few advantages to Open core those advantages are, you can set the start up disk like a real Mac, you can use boot hot keys like a real Mac (not personally tested), it boots faster (like 10 sec). However, less people use it and even less know how to help someone else use it. I really do not know how to use it, I followed a the vanilla guide on the internet and my system boots. However, I am not capable of trouble shooting your system with OC.

Well, that makes sense. Never thought of checking if WEG was loaded in the config.plist I'll try to enable it and see if it works in making my iGPU work. But yeah for now I think I'll stick with Clover for this build. I'll update you thought if enabling it in config.plist makes it work. Perhaps might help someone else reading this in the future.

I also do not have WEG enabled in the Config file so while it resides in the kext folder it is not actually enabled.

Well, that makes sense. Never thought of checking if WEG was loaded in the config.plist I'll try to enable it and see if it works in making my iGPU work. But yeah for now I think I'll stick with Clover for this build. I'll update you thought if enabling it in config.plist makes it work. Perhaps might help someone else reading this in the future.

Even with WEG loaded it is not configured for IGPU so it will not work. I was never able to get a stable system with IGPU and I find it best left off.

Yeah, I physically remove my RX 580 when I try to use the iGPU. But still, HDMI out only and no display for DisplayPort. I'll try enabling WEG in @scottkendall 's OC EFI and see if it actually displays using iGPU. Will update here.

In any case, I'll just use one of the HDMI monitors I have, instead of the 144hz one with Displayport. At least I tried. :)

I believe if your RX 580 is connected you cannot use the video ports from the motherboard, you must use the ports from the graphics card.

I've never use my computer without the GPU to be honest.

I don't know if the refresh rate has anything to do, but I would say no because Mac OS can choose the Hertz it wants.

For the BIOS guide for F12+, you have to follow it anyway, I also had a 8700.

I see. Noted on that. In case I decide to use my RX 580 to it, do you have any idea how I can get Displayport to display instead of just black screen? I only get display when I use HDMI currently using your OC EFI. Also, just wondering, what BIOS version are you currently?

Even with WEG loaded it is not configured for IGPU so it will not work. I was never able to get a stable system with IGPU and I find it best left off.

I see. Noted on that. In case I decide to use my RX 580 to it, do you have any idea how I can get Displayport to display instead of just black screen? I only get display when I use HDMI currently using your OC EFI. Also, just wondering, what BIOS version are you currently?

WEG is what makes all the ports work for most people if your getting black screen with WEG enabled I am not sure how to help you. I am using F15a bios version the most current.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back