Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 - 4k RX 580 - 10.13.4 & 10.14.4 & 10.15.0 - SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, for BIOS → CSM Support : Disabled.
Every time when I disabled CSM then caused bee sound on computer startup.
I have RX 580 on board. Should I disable on board GPU first than disable CSM support?

Hi,

I never OC with that computer, I would not be able to tell.

About your question, I am not sure what you mean by disabling on board gpu, but I would recommend to leave the IGPU enabled and also have the RX 580 connected and enabled. Mac OS will use both GPU and it's better that way.

About the 'bee' sound, I am not so sure what you mean, I don't recall noticing a difference in term of noise with that option and there is no beep when I power the PC on.

Hi, for BIOS → CSM Support : Disabled.
Every time when I disabled CSM then caused bee sound on computer startup.
I have RX 580 on board. Should I disable on board GPU first than disable CSM support?

I use Opencore on my main rig the Gaming 5!

Would you consider the Bee sound to be more like a clicking whine? Check Youtube for GPU wine to see if that sound is similar.

On all three of my builds, I run SM iMacPro 1,1 and I have the IGPU "onboard" turned off. I have it set up this way because DRM works perfectly under iMacPro 1,1 under any other SM you need boot arguments and requires some tinkering to get DRM to work properly. In addition to tinkering, DRM can break with every update do to the forced Fairplay. Under the iMacPro 1,1 SM DRM just works and continues to work after each update. I have not noticed any adverse effects from running iMacPro 1,1.

Hi,

I never OC with that computer, I would not be able to tell.

About your question, I am not sure what you mean by disabling on board gpu, but I would recommend to leave the IGPU enabled and also have the RX 580 connected and enabled. Mac OS will use both GPU and it's better that way.

About the 'bee' sound, I am not so sure what you mean, I don't recall noticing a difference in term of noise with that option and there is no beep when I power the PC on.
I use to disable CSM but when I did this, the scree goes dark and can hear be be be sound. I could only reset cmos to get it work again. Strange.

Would you consider the Bee sound to be more like a clicking whine? Check Youtube for GPU wine to see if that sound is similar.

On all three of my builds, I run SM iMacPro 1,1 and I have the IGPU "onboard" turned off. I have it set up this way because DRM works perfectly under iMacPro 1,1 under any other SM you need boot arguments and requires some tinkering to get DRM to work properly. In addition to tinkering, DRM can break with every update do to the forced Fairplay. Under the iMacPro 1,1 SM DRM just works and continues to work after each update. I have not noticed any adverse effects from running iMacPro 1,1.
Thank you, I will check Youtube.

I tried again. No matter how I changed the BIOS setting to disable CSM, the computer doesn’t boot. I wonder if I should take off first the RX 580 card?

Hi @jamesst20, I have Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming Wifi with core i7 8700K running Catalina 10.15.7. Everything was working great till i updated my BIOS to F14 which has since caused my system to restart after shutdown. I tried every possible solution from enabling ERP in BIOS to adding Emuvariable.efi with slide=0 boot arg, but nothing works. Attaching my EFI folder screen shots and config.plist, can you share your EFI folder so that i can try to fix my issue?

Hi, I had the same issue and I installed previous bios version via usb flash

hi, I'm Italian sorry for my writing. I have the exact same computer as yours. I can't map the USB ports please could you send me your EFI, I use OpenCore 0.73, Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back