Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] GigaByte H87M-HD3 - Mac OSX 10.8.5 + Dual Boot Win 8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
nikoskard how were you able to set the bios to VT-d disabled when I do not see it in the bios for this board?

I bought the same board and am having trouble getting my install finished.

If you update your profile with the hardware you are running we can answer that.

;)

Thanks WonkeyDonkey I have updated my profile. It appears from what I have found it is probably my CPU causing the issues. I was trying to build my first Hackintosh on a small budget. Unfortunately I am not finding any information on a successful install with this CPU.

Any help you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Yes my friend it is a full working Hackintosh. Though now it is 10.9.2 machine and not a SL.

But it was full working with 10.8.5.

And in fact, it is my working machine at work.:thumbup:

thats great. is your qe/ci , hd youtube playback smooth on either 10.8 and or 10.9?

Have you got a quick guide posted somewhere? maybe you can help with some of the issues.

below was what i tried, but system is not reliable

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...on-10-8x-need-your-help-folks.html#post566082

Dear Nikoskard,

Do you think you could have installed Mavericks using your motherboard and an intel xeon 1230 v3 which is similar to the 4771 but does not have the IGP. Also using the graphics card that you purchased? I know it would be harder install at first but do you foresee any problems doing that with this motherboard? I am thinking about buyingthe motherboard that you purchased and getting the xeon and a Nvidia 630 graphics card.

Thanks. Misscomp

As for CPU, i have never try such an installation, but i am willing to hear news from you, if you try it. :thumbup:

See this thread for more info...

For GPU, every nvidia is fully recommended.:)

Good Luck, and don't forget to inform us with your progress... :thumbup:

Thanks WonkeyDonkey I have updated my profile. It appears from what I have found it is probably my CPU causing the issues. I was trying to build my first Hackintosh on a small budget. Unfortunately I am not finding any information on a successful install with this CPU.

Any help you may have would be greatly appreciated.

What Graphics Card output do you use ?

It is important to NOT use VGA output with Internal Graphics Display.

If you did so, you have to reinstall OSX with the correct display output connected (HDMI-DVI).

Also, before you try so, set Bios to Optimized Defaults. :thumbup:

thats great. is your qe/ci , hd youtube playback smooth on either 10.8 and or 10.9?

Have you got a quick guide posted somewhere? maybe you can help with some of the issues.

below was what i tried, but system is not reliable

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...on-10-8x-need-your-help-folks.html#post566082

Unfortunately my friend, i haven't got any guide for this Hackintosh. It was my first try with Tony tutorial and went really well, after some KEXTs installation. :)

Yes HD Youtube playback is smooth either on 10.8 and 10.9

Bellow is my Graphics Cards System Report.

NVIDIA Quadro NVS 290:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA Quadro NVS 290
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Slot: PCI1
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x042f
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: preset 1.0.0
Displays:
HP L1950:
Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Display Serial Number: CNK7480V2Q
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported

What Graphics Card output do you use ?

It is important to NOT use VGA output with Internal Graphics Display.

If you did so, you have to reinstall OSX with the correct display output connected (HDMI-DVI).

Also, before you try so, set Bios to Optimized Defaults. :thumbup:
You don't have to re-install OS X, just change the motherboard monitor connection to HDMI or DVI, and set your BIOS' display parameter(s) accordingly if you haven't done so already. If your monitor only has a VGA connection, you can buy DVI/HDMI to VGA adapters.

I am facing a problem with this motherboard, I can not even get to the installation screen. The Problem is: "System Uptime in nanoseconds: xxxxxxxxxx" please help me. Sorry my english.

My specks: GA H87M HD3, Intel Core i3 4334 and GTX 650Ti

Attachments

• 20140313_094043745_iOS.jpg
    20140313_094043745_iOS.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 363
thanks, don't want to side track this thread, hope you can add more info about the steps in the above link my post about the xw4600.

looking at turning into a mac server. and maybe raid if it works.

Unfortunately my friend, i haven't got any guide for this Hackintosh. It was my first try with Tony tutorial and went really well, after some KEXTs installation. :)

Yes HD Youtube playback is smooth either on 10.8 and 10.9

Bellow is my Graphics Cards System Report.

NVIDIA Quadro NVS 290:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA Quadro NVS 290
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Slot: PCI1
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x042f
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: preset 1.0.0
Displays:
HP L1950:
Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Display Serial Number: CNK7480V2Q
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported

You don't have to re-install OS X, just change the motherboard monitor connection to HDMI or DVI, and set your BIOS' display parameter(s) accordingly if you haven't done so already. If your monitor only has a VGA connection, you can buy DVI/HDMI to VGA adapters.

I did had this problem with my first attempt, and i had to reinstall. No matter what parameters and settings i changed, it kept loading only via safe mode.

Maybe it had to do that i had 2 simultaneously wrong settings. One with monitor connection and the wrong setting with "VT-d disabled".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back