Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] GigaByte H87M-HD3 - Mac OSX 10.8.5 + Dual Boot Win 8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am facing a problem with this motherboard, I can not even get to the installation screen. The Problem is: "System Uptime in nanoseconds: xxxxxxxxxx" please help me. Sorry my english.

My specks: GA H87M HD3, Intel Core i3 4334 and GTX 650Ti

Set Optimal Default in bios and disable Internal Graphic Card.

Last but not least, be patient with time needing to see the setup screen.

I recently build similar system with same motherboard (GA-H87M-HD3) but with i3 processor (4330 3.50GHz). I installed mavericks 10.9.2 and this guide helped a lot.

I have a small problem. My system runs fine for a day or sometime 2 days (if I am lucky) and then suddenly hangs/freezes. I have to force restart in order to get the system back up and running. This is been the process for past 20-30 days.

I don't like shutting down the system and therefore always put it to sleep. Can this be a problem?

If anyone can suggest any pointers towards solving this, it would be great.

I recently build similar system with same motherboard (GA-H87M-HD3) but with i3 processor (4330 3.50GHz). I installed mavericks 10.9.2 and this guide helped a lot.

I have a small problem. My system runs fine for a day or sometime 2 days (if I am lucky) and then suddenly hangs/freezes. I have to force restart in order to get the system back up and running. This is been the process for past 20-30 days.

I don't like shutting down the system and therefore always put it to sleep. Can this be a problem?

If anyone can suggest any pointers towards solving this, it would be great.

I had this same problem for 2 days after installing OS X. Just flash the UEFI/BIOS version to F6. After that the system never froze again.

I had this same problem for 2 days after installing OS X. Just flash the UEFI/BIOS version to F6. After that the system never froze again.

I already have F6 bios installed, in fact this is one of the first thing I did before installing OSX.

I have now removed second stick of 4GB RAM and my PC now works for around a week without a freeze. It still does freezes after several days.

Hi everything works for me except i need to boot in VERBOSE MODE.
I follow this topic with all tips but i can't fix this problem.
H87M DH3
Bios F9
98% works Only boot with -V
Thanks

Hi

I was reading your interesting post because i have almoust the same board the GA H87M-D3H.
I think it has the same audio and ethernet driver. If i am right than it should work fine with unibeast and multibeast. No special tasks needed.
Therefor i am happy about your success and hope that everything works smooth during my installation.

Hopefully i will receive the hardware for my first hackintosh today.

Regards,
Jo

Hey Jo, How did this motherboard work with this setup? I just ordered the H87M-D3H also, but the processor I got is the i7 4790. Any tips? I'm also unclear about the DSDT. I don't have to run this do I?

Thanks a lot! :thumbup:

Kevomei

Hey Jo, How did this motherboard work with this setup? I just ordered the H87M-D3H also, but the processor I got is the i7 4790. Any tips? I'm also unclear about the DSDT. I don't have to run this do I?

Thanks a lot! :thumbup:

Kevomei

I don't think your board needs a DSDT. I don't think any new Gigabyte motherboard needs one.
Anyway, your processor shouldn't cause or change any significant problems with your board, but be sure to update the BIOS since you chose a Haswell Refresh CPU with the normal Haswell motherboard. The only difference between the HD3 and D3H is the audio and expansion slots. There shouldn't be any problems other than that.

As for CPU, i have never try such an installation, but i am willing to hear news from you, if you try it. :thumbup:

See this thread for more info...

For GPU, every nvidia is fully recommended.:)

Good Luck, and don't forget to inform us with your progress... :thumbup:
Everything works...only one problem...activation error imessage how can i solve?!before using my new mobo ga h87 hd3 i was onasrock h87 and there imessage work...how can i solve...i tried many tips

So I have updated to 10.9.4 and it's safe to say that no major malfunction has occurred with me on this motherboard with the iMac14,2 smbios, at least for me. Of course, sleep works, ethernet, etc. Obviously you will have to fix audio after the update, that's about it. Just letting everyone know.

Great! I'm planning on updating soon. And thanks for the previous comments. They helped. I've got my hack up and running nice and stable. Hence why I'm hesitant to update right now. So glad these forums are here to help us all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back