Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H i7-4770K GTX 650 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I followed the first Post for installing my new Hack.

and the Post in this link:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-advice/134534-works-ga-z97x-ud3h-intel-xeon-e3-1230v3.html

Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H Intel Z97 So.1150 Dual Channel DDR3 ATX Retail

Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 4x 3.40GHz So.1150 BOX

Powercolor 7950 PCS+ (from old Hack)

Soundblaster Live 5.1 Digital PCI (Dell) (from old Hack)

-> Bios tweaks for Gigabyte Mobo from general install guide (VT-d off....+ Soundcard off)
-> No reinstall!! Just done Multibeast as in first Post. Booted with -x. Didn't done the ALC1150 (used my Soundblaster). Changed Mac Pro 3.1 to 6.1 (found somewhere in this Forum)
-> Dual Boot with Windows 7 on seperate SSD (no reinstall)

Cinebench R10 64bit OSX runs with 24500 points... thats 3 times my old Q6600, nice.

everything seems to work.

Cheers
D

Another Z97X-UD5H up and running with GTX 770 4GB, the intel HD 4600 was recognized on installation but I disabled. The intel lan works, now i will try to get audio working. But so far everything is working, also sleep, log to App Store (BTW i'm using 14.2 smbios)

Ohh yeah, right now don't try to enable proper power management by custom SSDT generated by ssdtPRGen, because will prevent boot and on -x will panic.

I just sent back the ud5 th. It was giving me problems. What version of Multibeast are you using?

How are you again? What were your bios settings?

That is cool. I kept trying that kext stuff and could not get the sound to work. I was thinking of going sound card. As long as it works. By the way what were your bios setup?

How are you? Need help. I think I am almost there. What are you bios settings? How do you diable vt-d?

Help. In my bios, XMP is not high lighted. How to set bios on ga-z97x-ud5 h

I need help. Could you post your bios settings? I can not find the "vt-d" to disable it.
X.M.P- I can not select it to make "Profile 1". I been at this for hours. Some advice.

...I can not find the "vt-d" to disable it.
You must have an unlocked "K" processor, which don't use VT-d, and, thus, it's not available.

mjeter1 said:
X.M.P- I can not select it to make "Profile 1"...
Your memory does not support X.M.P. What is your memory make/mode # and characteristics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back