Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H i7-4770K GTX 650 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much!
Can you please send us the BIOS settings too?

Actually I was able to install again Yosemite.
After Multibeast configuration, the restart is not working (boot error).
If I use the USB stick to bypass this problem, I get stuck on the apple logo page...
Nothing happens :(

Any idea?
I'm going to try with Maverick ;)

I have GA-Z97X-Sli, i7-4970K (with build in GPU) no external GPU card. Samsung 256GB SSD (EVO 850).
I have installed and configured same way as on the first post on this thread.

I have 2 problems:
1. Audio
I see my audio outputs: internal speaker, line out, line out and digital out. (I have tried all of them)
I have tried ALC1150 dirver (Mulibeast 6.5.0) with various additions (optional 3 port, HD3000, EFI and Intel 9 Series support).
The best result I have is that I see audio devices, but when I play anything, it's silent. (on some configurations I could not start any music, for example, youtube movie didn't start).

2. Mouse
My mouse is not moving smoothly. It's jumping (in the same direction I'm moving it, not to the sides).
I think it might be something with graphics acceleration (animations are also no 100% smooth), but I might be wrong.

Hi ! I try to understand some Multibeast settings, as I have a sleep problem I can't find sollution anywhere, and as I have the same MoBo, I'll figure I'll ask here :). Those are settings I don't use and I want to know what they're doing.

I'd like to know why did you choose in your settings
  • Hibernate Mode : is that not bad for SSD or do I understood wrongly ?
  • AppleRTC patch for CMOS reset : was that a pre-Yosemite requirement ?
  • 3rd party SATA : my internal SATA seems to recognize SSD & HD normally without it.
  • 1080p display mode : I use a 1080p monitor, without this, what does it changes ?
  • USB 3.0 - Universal : my USB 3 seems recognized properly without it
  • Generate CPU states : whats that for ?

Thanks a lot for answering my questions, Hackintosh is a rewarding / frustrating process and it's been less than a month I started that, still a bit lost :)

No problem, Mulder. When you get your UD5H give me a shout if you need any assistance. That is correct about the audio. I have tried the ALC1150 and it just seems to stop it from booting properly, voodooHDA however seems to work fine. I just chose "green - line out back" in the sound options and it worked. Front audio port works also.

Hey,
So i have a UD5H and i have set the bios to load with optimized defaults and disabled VT-D and i get stuck at an apple loading screen every time, I've tried different boot loaders and i get to a white screen with the spinning wheel of death but never get to the installer. To be honest it is getting really frustrating.

Specs:
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
i7-4790k
GTX 980
16gb Corsair Vengence

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hello Harry.

First than anything i want to thank you for your post, I have almost same system that you do.

Different memories you have Gskill trident and i have Gskill snipper 4x8 Gb.
Well it works great if i use only 2 slots for 16 gb total but i use 32 it freezes. I am checking about this overclocking, that i don't even know how to use it or set it just in the case that it comes native with the bios.

My english, no comments...

Any suggestion?

Thanks Luis

Well... my system is this:

YOSEMITE (Unibeast/Multibeast)

140613d1434002590-almost-perfect-yosemite-build-except-freezing-z97x-ud5h-4690k-gtx-970-screen-shot-2015-06-11-2.54.45-am.png

GA Z97X ud5h-BK 1.0
CPU I7 4.0 4970
(Integrated Video Card)

32 Gb 4x8 GSkill Snipper
Specifications
MANUFACTURER
G.SkillPART #
F3-1600C9Q-32GSRTYPE
240-pin DIMMSPEED
DDR3-1600SIZE
32GB (4 x 8GB)G.Skill
G.Skill F3-1600C9Q-32GXM Arbeitsspeicher 32GB (1600MHz, CL9) DDR3-RAM