Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H i7-4770K GTX 650 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, which brand, timings, voltage and frequency of ram are you guys using with this motherboard? The best buy guide recommends Crucial memory, but that is of course for the Z87 motherboards. I am looking for 16GB of memory. Does the brand matter, or will everything work with a Hackintosh as long as it is mentioned in the memory support list of the motherboard?

Mulder, I am using Crucial Ballistix BLT2CP8G3D1608DT2TXRGCEU Tracer 16GB Kit. Any memory supported by your motherboard should work fine. I also had to set the multiplier to 16 in the BIOS to get it to correctly run at 1600MHz.

Followed Labrat01's method step by step and it worked for me. I'm on a Z97X-UD3H, not the 5H. Only thing not working is audio. I haven't tinkered with audio because I use a USB audio device. My boot time seems normal.

My build is identical to the CustomMac Pro in the Buyer's guide, swapping in the Z97 motherboard.

Only change I made in BIOS was to turn off VT -d as was suggested somewhere on here.

The USB stick for Mavericks install needs to be plugged in to a USB2 port. I had it plugged in a USB3 port and didn't work.

Followed Labrat01's method step by step and it worked for me. I'm on a Z97X-UD3H, not the 5H. Only thing not working is audio. I haven't tinkered with audio because I use a USB audio device. My boot time seems normal.

My build is identical to the CustomMac Pro in the Buyer's guide, swapping in the Z97 motherboard.

Only change I made in BIOS was to turn off VT -d as was suggested somewhere on here.

The USB stick for Mavericks install needs to be plugged in to a USB2 port. I had it plugged in a USB3 port and didn't work.

Good to hear it turned out great! Have you already taken a look at the quick fix for audio from tony?
http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/134002-quick-fix-onboard-audio-9-series-motherboards.html

Let us know if it works ;)

Hello ddffgghh,

I read that you had succes with Labrat01's method. I've the Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H, but for me it doesn't work. I followed this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgMniSXVLqQ
No boot flags results in the white apple logo screen with spinning wheel.
-x ends in the CPU-caller error.

What I've done wrong?
Can you help me maybe?

Hello ddffgghh,

I read that you had succes with Labrat01's method. I've the Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H, but for me it doesn't work. I followed this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgMniSXVLqQ
No boot flags results in the white apple logo screen with spinning wheel.
-x ends in the CPU-caller error.

What I've done wrong?
Can you help me maybe?

Have you deleted the AppleHDA.kext and repaired permissions & rebuilt cache with kext wizard?

It may be that for your board there is more than one incompatible kext.

Thank you for this information. I didn't know this until now.
I will try it.

But I've still one question (sorry, this is my first hackintosh):
There are two AppleHDA files. The apple.com.driver.AppleHDAController and the apple.com.driver.AppleHDA. Must both be deletet?

Sorry for my english, too. I am German :).

Ok, I think I made a mistake. I deleted the apple.com.driver.AppleHDA under loaded in Kext Wizard (Can I restore this maybe?).
Then I noticed the apple
AppleHDA.kext in Extensions and I deleted it. After I've repaired permissions & rebuilt cache I tried to boot from the Stick. It ended in the same error (CPU-caller).

My board is the Z97X-UD3H, not the Z97M-D3H, don't know the differences between those boards.

The chipset is the same. You only have more connections: http://www.gigabyte.de/products/comparison/list.aspx?ck=2&pids=4960,4970
Also I've a Micro ATX Form Factor; 24.4cm x 22.5cm and you an ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 22.5cm.

But what have you done exactly? How do you have made your bootable USB-Stick?

I made this.
I followed the guy in the video:

1. I made one partition with the "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)" format as GUID Partition Table.

2. I followed the normal steps to make a bootable OS X USB-Stick.

3. I used the program Pacifist to dragged the mach_kernel and dropped it directly on the Stick.

4. I downloaded the Extra file (Extensions.mkext, com.apple.Boot.plist, smbios.plist) (description of the video) an dropped it directly on the Stick.

5. I deleted the AppleHDA.kext, repaired permissions and rebuilt cache.

6. I disabled VT -d in the BIOS.

Stil the CPU-caller error..

The chipset is the same. You only have more connections: http://www.gigabyte.de/products/comparison/list.aspx?ck=2&pids=4960,4970
Also I've a Micro ATX Form Factor; 24.4cm x 22.5cm and you an ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 22.5cm.

But what have you done exactly? How do you have made your bootable USB-Stick?

I made this.
I followed the guy in the video:

1. I made one partition with the "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)" format as GUID Partition Table.

2. I followed the normal steps to make a bootable OS X USB-Stick.

3. I used the program Pacifist to dragged the mach_kernel and dropped it directly on the Stick.

4. I downloaded the Extra file (Extensions.mkext, com.apple.Boot.plist, smbios.plist) (description of the video) an dropped it directly on the Stick.

5. I deleted the AppleHDA.kext, repaired permissions and rebuilt cache.

6. I disabled VT -d in the BIOS.

Stil the CPU-caller error..

Ok, i think you may have got yourself in a bit of a pickle. If you haven't got a working system I would be inclined to do a new installation and reset your BIOS settings back to default.

The installation method I used was the normal Tonymac Chimera (latest) way found here. It essentially consisted of making a bootable Mavericks 10.9.3 USB with the help of Unibeast (you do need another mac or hackintosh to do this).

I didn't change much in the BIOS, disabling Virtualization and tweaking the memory multiplier to 16 so it can run at full speed. Make sure you change the BIOS settings before you start your Mavericks installation. I will try and get some screenshots of my BIOS up here when I have some time.

Booting to the initial installation screen was easy and required no boot flags once I chose the USB stick as the bootable device (hit F12, select your Mavericks USB). The installation ran fine and once it completed I then restarted and booted back to the USB device, this time selecting the new "Mavericks" partition. Note that I could not get past the loading apple screen to finish the setup - so i used -x -v to complete the setup.

Once this completes reboot the system and select your new hard-drive rather than the USB. Again you will have to type in -x -v to get to the desktop.

From here you can follow my guide I posted a few pages back. From a new installation without ANY multibeast settings, there was only one AppleHDA kext (not controller - you want to delete the audio kext) in the System/Library/Extensions folder.

Do not apply multibeast settings until you have got your desktop stable - so you can pinpoint which kexts may have screwed your desktop, and work backwards from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back