Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi all,

I just updated my z390 Designare and z690 ProArt to Ventura 13.6.3 from latest Monterey (OC 0.9.7) ... the Asus with a Fenvi T919 make it through OK, but the z390 with a Youbu PCIE (also a BCM94360CD) didn't make it. Bluetooth works but wifi won't enable. The logs have this error

Fri Jan 12 10:25:07.439 Usb Host Notification Error Apple80211Set: Operation not supported seqNum 1 Total 8 chg 1 en2 Fri Jan 12 10:25:07.513 <kernel> en2: setting diversity to: -1 Fri Jan 12 10:25:07.513 <kernel> en2: Error configuring antenna diversity (index = -1). Fri Jan 12 10:25:07.513 <kernel> en2: setting tx antenna: -1 Fri Jan 12 10:25:07.513 <kernel> en2: Error configuring transmit antenna (index = -1). Fri Jan 12 10:25:07.541 <kernel> IOCTL (from pid 439) not recognized: 389 out of 417 Fri Jan 12 10:25:07.541 <kernel> IOCTL (from pid 439) not recognized: 389 out of 417 ... Fri Jan 12 10:25:07.839 Usb Host Notification Error Apple80211Set: Operation not supported seqNum 2 Total 8 chg 1 en2 Fri Jan 12 10:25:07.846 Usb Host Notification Error Apple80211Set: Parameter error seqNum 3 Total 8 chg 1 awdl0

I tried swapping the T919 into the z390 and still the wifi wouldn't engage. I also checked in my config.plist and saw that I had two kexts that probably were not needed: BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM3.kext. So I removed those. Still no luck

Can someone confirm for Ventura with a BCM94360CD the following is correct

* I shouldn't need any kexts as BCM94360CD is natively supported if it reports right (ie, "Apple")
* I don't need BrcmFirmwareFixup.kext unless I need to fix the above
* I shouldn't need BrcmFirmwareData.kext or BrcmPatchRAM3.kext with a BCM94360CD

I cleared NVRAM but also wondering if there is a way to reset wifi in Ventura ... Thanks!

Can someone confirm for Ventura with a BCM94360CD the following is correct

* I shouldn't need any kexts as BCM94360CD is natively supported if it reports right (ie, "Apple")
Correct. No kexts needed. If it worked in Monterey it should work in Ventura.

* I don't need BrcmFirmwareFixup.kext unless I need to fix the above
* I shouldn't need BrcmFirmwareData.kext or BrcmPatchRAM3.kext with a BCM94360CD
Correct -- these are not needed. They only affect Bluetooth, which as you stated is working properly.

I cleared NVRAM but also wondering if there is a way to reset wifi in Ventura ... Thanks!
Do you still have a backup bootable copy of Monterey? If so, try booting it and see if WiFi works.

Correct. No kexts needed. If it worked in Monterey it should work in Ventura.

Correct -- these are not needed. They only affect Bluetooth, which as you stated is working properly.

Do you still have a backup bootable copy of Monterey? If so, try booting it and see if WiFi works.

Yeah, wifi still works booted on the Monterey backup :)

Trying to decide between troubleshooting this, installing fresh Ventura or saying f it and just upgrading to Sonoma/Itlwm. I will miss unlock with watch/web page handoff but it'll have to happen at some point

Yeah, wifi still works booted on the Monterey backup :)

Trying to decide between troubleshooting this, installing fresh Ventura or saying f it and just upgrading to Sonoma/Itlwm. I will miss unlock with watch/web page handoff but it'll have to happen at some point
Do you have the kernel quirk DisableIoMapperMapping turned on? It needs to be enabled on Designare Z390.

You are right.

I did not get a prompt for disk access when installing DaVinci Resolve.

Folders remain invisible in "Media Page" even if I add DaVinci Resolve to System Settings<Security & Privacy<Privacy<Full disk access.

I noticed my original Big Sur system disk (the one on which DaVinci Resolve shows folders in "Media Page") is different from fresh installed system disks: Settings<Security & Privacy<Privacy<Files and Folder is populated.

"Unable to find media" is the message I obtain when I drag an drop a file directly from Finder (from an invisible folder in Resolve) in "Media Page". However the exact same file can be added to Media Pool.

How comes Settings<Security & Privacy<Privacy<Files and Folder behaves differently between my original system disk and fresh install system disk?

Save your projects and any special settings you need (and maybe any databases?) to a separate drive and run the "Uninstall Resolve" app.

Shut down the hack, restart and reinstall your software, following whatever prompts you get while reinstalling Resolve. Just to make sure, are you using the correct disk format on your media/database drives? MacOS Extended, right? Avoid using NTFS media drives and mounting schemes with MacOS.

Last edited:
Hi, is still an issue with wifi and Fenvi T919 compatibility with macOS Sonoma? I read somewhere that Fenvi WiFi works now on Sonoma with OCPL. Can you please enlighten me about this matter?

One more question. I haven't been able to solve ... how can I change the OpenCore boot picker name for CCC bootable clone drives? They show up right next to each other, and I keep picking the wrong one.
There's a short answer and a slightly longer answer!
  • Short Answer:
    • A bootable backup should not be installed permanently on the motherboard
    • Because it's a backup, it should be kept safely in another room or another building
    • If the motherboard encounters any electrical or physical damage, the backup SSD could be damaged as well
    • The backup SSD could also be accidentally overwritten if it's permanently installed
    • Solution: Install the backup SSD in an external USB 3.0 enclosure. These are plentiful and very inexpensive.
  • Longer Answer:
    • See this guide:

Hi, is still an issue with wifi and Fenvi T919 compatibility with macOS Sonoma? I read somewhere that Fenvi WiFi works now on Sonoma with OCPL. Can you please enlighten me about this matter?
Although the OCLP patch works, it will not allow Carbon Copy Cloner to make a bootable backup because “APFS Replication” will fail.

I have personally had mixed results. It works on my Z690-I mini-ITX build but stopped working on my Designare Z390 for some reason.

I have switched to Intel WiFi on Sonoma.

Back