Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

-Edit:
Google has yielded the answer, I posted too soon. Ctrl + Enter to set default from OC picker

The answer is also located here (screenshot at the bottom of the post):

Getting a slightly different error (attached) after trying the following:

-Changing to a different USB stick
-Updating OpenCore using HackinDrom
-Trying a variety of USB ports
Please compress and post the entire OpenCore EFI folder but remove serial numbers from config.plist (PlatformInfo -> DataHub) before compressing and posting.

Please compress and post the entire OpenCore EFI folder but remove serial numbers from config.plist (PlatformInfo -> DataHub) before compressing and posting.
I resolved this issue by checking "ReleaseUSBownership". Very odd and I'm not sure why but I was able to successfully get Sonoma (decided to go for it instead) up and running with pretty much everything working.

However, now I'm faced with seemingly one last issue. I am getting a kernel panic that is repeatable upon opening the system preferences pane. I have been able to isolate this to the use of the "Airportitlwm-Sonoma" kext. Wi-Fi works great (used your Sonoma guide) but this kernel panic keeps occuring a few seconds after opening the preference pane whilst Airportitlwm-Sonoma is enabled. Disabling the kext solves this issue but I then obviously lose WiFi. Any ideas here? Thanks so much.

I resolved this issue by checking "ReleaseUSBownership". Very odd and I'm not sure why but I was able to successfully get Sonoma (decided to go for it instead) up and running with pretty much everything working.

However, now I'm faced with seemingly one last issue. I am getting a kernel panic that is repeatable upon opening the system preferences pane. I have been able to isolate this to the use of the "Airportitlwm-Sonoma" kext. Wi-Fi works great (used your Sonoma guide) but this kernel panic keeps occuring a few seconds after opening the preference pane whilst Airportitlwm-Sonoma is enabled. Disabling the kext solves this issue but I then obviously lose WiFi. Any ideas here? Thanks so much.
Please check if you're using version 2.3.0-alpha of AirportItlwm. This version can be downloaded from here:

hi,
I am running Ventura 13.5 using the 'OpenCore 0.9.2 Mini-Guide' config from an earlier post. I have a broadcom card install. I am thinking of upgrading to Sonoma.

- how do I upgrade my OpenCore to 0-9-7? using the hackindrom app? What about all the ACPI and extra KEXTS needed?
- I will probably go with the Intel Wireless. On your Z690 post you mention that only handoff and continuity clipboard will work. What about Airdrop, Airplay and Sidecar?

Thanks for your help!!!!

Thanks for your help!!!!
Your hardware profile needs updating.

Screen Shot 17.jpg

hi,
I am running Ventura 13.5 using the 'OpenCore 0.9.2 Mini-Guide' config from an earlier post. I have a broadcom card install. I am thinking of upgrading to Sonoma.

- how do I upgrade my OpenCore to 0-9-7? using the hackindrom app? What about all the ACPI and extra KEXTS needed?
- I will probably go with the Intel Wireless. On your Z690 post you mention that only handoff and continuity clipboard will work. What about Airdrop, Airplay and Sidecar?

Thanks for your help!!!!
Simply go to post 1 of this thread. Near the top you will find a spoiler labeled Quick Reference to Mini-Guides and Micro-Guides. The first entry in that spoiler will answer all of the questions.

Hi,

I follow your guide since ealry 2019 and this is my first post!

I work with Davinci Resolve Studio 18.1.4. Folders are not listed in the Media Page of Resolve, however disks are visible in the Media Storage list, and files can be dragged & dropped in Media Pool from Finder.

- Folders from system disks are properly listed, same with external disks.
- Folders are properly listed when starting with an older system disk, with identical specifications.

Update 3rd January 2024:

Install of different versions of Resolve and macOS (even Montery) did not solve my problem.
Please note that Blackmagic desktop video is installed (it adds several drivers).

What is possibly different in my older system disk I cannot replicate in my newly installed system disk?

Please find attached some screenshots to illustrate my problem. Please ask any further detail about my config.

Happy new year & thank you for your help!

(Big Sur 11.7.10, Opencore 0.9.2 EFI #37,681, BIOS F9i modified #34,988, Flashed SPI ROM, CFG-Unlock)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 19.21.29.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 19.21.29.png
    103.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 19.21.39.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 19.21.39.png
    103.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 19.57.37.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 19.57.37.png
    469.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back