Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I noticed today that my video hardware acceleration has been inactivated at some point. Might be months ago, but I know it was working at some point :) Did a fresh install at some point and probably lost it then.

I have iGPU disabled, but I should still be able to have video acceleration enabled, no?

I've tried to search this thread for answers, but haven't found a solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Videoproc.png

hackintool.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    35.1 KB · Views: 21
Probably a minor thing (victory?), @CaseySJ but wanted to report I've succesfully upgraded Big Sur to Ventura. I haven't actually done much to my Hackintosh in quite some time, so this was "big doings" for me.

Steps executed:
  • Performed a full, bootable, external backup using CCC. First one done in two years (don't hate).
  • Verified ability to boot from external backup
  • Updated OpenCore to 0.8.3 using HackinDROM. Oddly, it doesn't seem to offer an update beyond that version.
  • Verified ability to boot from SSD with updated OC
  • used gibMacOS to download Ventura installer
  • Installed Ventura
Everything I've tested so far seems to be working. So I'm calling it a success.

As I noted at the top, I haven't done much of anything to this Hackintosh build, because, well, it has always just worked. Unfortunately, DXO Photolab 7 needed at least Monterrey. So, here I am.

Last night I read through your Z690 ProArt build thread. Which led to me realizing I built this Z390 a bit more than four years ago. Quite a testament to the longevity of these Hackintoshes, I'd say. And your indefatigable support. I have a few quesitons about certain components in your Z690 build, but I'll ask them over there. Might just be time to build another (perhaps the last, great Hackintosh?).

Many, many thanks, once again, for all the time and effort you put in to making these builds successful. It is greatly appreciated!

Please check if BIOS -> Boot -> CFG Lock is enabled. It needs to be disabled.
Thanks a lot @CaseySJ , disabled it and continue the boot process, but got stuck at the following error pretty quickly:
Security policy loaded: Apple System Polly (ASP)
com .apple .AppleFSCompression TypeZIlb Load succeeded
com.apple.AppleFSCompresslonTypeDataless load succeeded
roo

Wondering if there is anything else in the BIOS I need to check? The full passage is in the screenshot.

THanks again for helping!

Attachments

• IMG_5964.jpeg
    IMG_5964.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 23
Hi @CaseySJ , I was having issues with my power supply as such that my machine was just powering off randomly. After replacing the power supply, everything seems to get back to normal and I can live my PC for weeks again without turning off on Windows.

But unfortunately I’m unable to boot into my Catalina anymore. I can boot into OC, but can not go further. I’m getting the following error:

[EBI#LOG:EXITBS:START] 2023-09-20722:15:45 , see the screenshot. I did not do any changes, it just my old power supply was randomly turning my machine off. Is there anything I need to check? Could that be a BIOS settings got rolled back? What settings I should validate? Would really appreciate your help!

Full error can be seen here:

[EBI'LD:LFJ FIO: O, DIR: 1, P: <null string), DP: 1
[EBI'B:SBS1 SZ: 621112
[EB I#B:SHAJ 84253d6cfa9c774ed4bb68c5a8af003h3c82931
[EB I'WL:pWLFNV] Err (OxE) © GV wake-failure
[EBI'WL:DT] Err (OxE) @ WL:pHLFNV
[EB I#WL:DT] Ox3C OxAD 155 0x50
[EBI'FS :AGSUHI Err (OxE) @ 'AGU.O TEB I'FS:AGSWHI Err (OxE) @ 'AGU. 1
[EBI'FS:AGSVH1 Err (OxE) @ 'AGU.2
[EB I'FS:AGSH] Err (OxE) @ 'AGU.3
[EBI'FS :AGSUHI Err (OxE) @ "AGU.4
[EB|'FS:AGSUHI Err (OxE) @ 'AGU.5
[EB I'FS :AGSVHI Err (OxE) @ 'AGU.6 [EB|'FS:AGSVHI Err(OxE) @ 'AGU.7
LEB|'FS:AGSVHI Err (OxE) @ 'AGU.8
TEB|'FS:AGSVHI Err (OxE) @ 'AGU.9
[EBI'LD:LKCJ BPDK -> (System \Library\Prel inkedKernel s\pre l inkedkernel .development)
[EBI'LD:OFS] Err(0xE) @ OPEN (System\ \Library\ \Prel inkedKerne ls\ \prel inkedkernel .development)
[EBI'LD:LKCJ BPDK, !R -> (System \Library \Prel inkedKerne ls\prel inkedkernel)
OC: Prelinked patcher result 0 for com.apple.driver .AppleHIDKeyboard (Enable dim keys by Wern) - Not Found
OC: Prelinked patcher result 1 for com.apple.driver .AppleHIDKeyboard (Enable dim keys by Wern) - Not Found
[EB I'LD :LKFS] 3 Ok(0)
[EB| LD:LKC] } Ok(0)
[EB|#FWFMJ OxFFDFFF7F
[EB I#FWFT] OxFD8FF576
(EB I#CS:OUT) 0x000003E7
[EBI'BST:FBS] {
[EBI'BST:FBSJ BA.ADSZ: 0
[EBI•BST:FBS] BA.KSDSZ: 0
[EBI'B:WFDW) Err (OxE), 0 @ LocHB 71B4903C-14EC-42C4-BDC6-CE1449930E49
[EB|#LOG:DTJ 2023-09-20722:15:45
[EBI#LOG:EXITBS:START] 2023-09-20722:15:45
You should post some images of your BIOS setup. When I see these kinds of shutdowns, it's usually a v-core (low voltage) issue coupled with trying to overclock the CPU too hard.

Thanks a lot @CaseySJ , disabled it and continue the boot process, but got stuck at the following error pretty quickly:
Security policy loaded: Apple System Polly (ASP)
com .apple .AppleFSCompression TypeZIlb Load succeeded
com.apple.AppleFSCompresslonTypeDataless load succeeded
roo

Wondering if there is anything else in the BIOS I need to check? The full passage is in the screenshot.

THanks again for helping!
Some additional suggestions and questions:
  • Please check Post 1 for complete BIOS settings
  • What is your OpenCore version?
  • What is your BIOS version?
  • If you can remove serial numbers from config.plist and post the file, I can check for any issues

Probably a minor thing (victory?), @CaseySJ but wanted to report I've succesfully upgraded Big Sur to Ventura. I haven't actually done much to my Hackintosh in quite some time, so this was "big doings" for me.

Steps executed:
  • Performed a full, bootable, external backup using CCC. First one done in two years (don't hate).
  • Verified ability to boot from external backup
  • Updated OpenCore to 0.8.3 using HackinDROM. Oddly, it doesn't seem to offer an update beyond that version.
  • Verified ability to boot from SSD with updated OC
  • used gibMacOS to download Ventura installer
  • Installed Ventura
Everything I've tested so far seems to be working. So I'm calling it a success.

As I noted at the top, I haven't done much of anything to this Hackintosh build, because, well, it has always just worked. Unfortunately, DXO Photolab 7 needed at least Monterrey. So, here I am.

Last night I read through your Z690 ProArt build thread. Which led to me realizing I built this Z390 a bit more than four years ago. Quite a testament to the longevity of these Hackintoshes, I'd say. And your indefatigable support. I have a few quesitons about certain components in your Z690 build, but I'll ask them over there. Might just be time to build another (perhaps the last, great Hackintosh?).

Many, many thanks, once again, for all the time and effort you put in to making these builds successful. It is greatly appreciated!
Hello @jrhillma

The latest pre-built EFI for Designare Z390 uses OpenCore 0.9.2, which can be downloaded and installed manually. However, HackinDROM can update you to 0.9.5 if you click the 2nd link in red box below. Please refer to the spoiler labeled Quick Reference to Mini-Guides and Micro-Guides at the top of Post 1.
Screenshot 2023-09-30 at 8.06.20 AM.png

I am currently on
Z390 / i7 2019 iMac /amd rx580/ iGfx TB cable to monitor (Thanks for the help on this Casey, many pages ago)

Monterey: 12.7
OC: 0.83
Bios: F6

So my upgrade plan/path is
OC: 0.83 -> 0.92 or 0.95
Monterey 12.7
Test stability for a week or so

Next steps
Bios: F6 -> F9g/F9j (Casey version)
Upgrade to Ventura 13.5.2
Switch wifi to internal Intel
Keep Fenvi for Bluetooth
Keep same Sr# /smbios etc

Anything else I need to watch out for ?

I will of-course have multiple boot drives so updating EFI on one, will let me have a backup HDD
My /Users/* is mounted on another SSD as a precaution

I am currently on
Z390 / i7 2019 iMac /amd rx580/ iGfx TB cable to monitor (Thanks for the help on this Casey, many pages ago)

Monterey: 12.7
OC: 0.83
Bios: F6

So my upgrade plan/path is
OC: 0.83 -> 0.92 or 0.95
Monterey 12.7
Test stability for a week or so

Next steps
Bios: F6 -> F9g/F9j (Casey version)
Upgrade to Ventura 13.5.2
Switch wifi to internal Intel
Keep Fenvi for Bluetooth
Keep same Sr# /smbios etc

Anything else I need to watch out for ?

I will of-course have multiple boot drives so updating EFI on one, will let me have a backup HDD
My /Users/* is mounted on another SSD as a precaution
I approve this plan. :) Nothing else to watch out for. Just proceed carefully and methodically.

Some additional suggestions and questions:
  • Please check Post 1 for complete BIOS settings
  • What is your OpenCore version?
  • What is your BIOS version?
  • If you can remove serial numbers from config.plist and post the file, I can check for any issues

Thanks a lot @CaseySJ ! It seems my BIOS was messed up completely. After validating it it I was able to to boot! Really appreciate your help! It has been a very reliable system for over 4 years! Thanks for the guide again! What flight path you would recommend to transition from Catalina to Ventura? Preferably with inlace upgrade. Here are all my versions:

Catalina: 10.15.7
Open Core 0.6.3
BIOS F9i
A dedicated drive for Users

Thanks a lot @CaseySJ ! It seems my BIOS was messed up completely. After validating it it I was able to to boot! Really appreciate your help! It has been a very reliable system for over 4 years! Thanks for the guide again! What flight path you would recommend to transition from Catalina to Ventura? Preferably with inlace upgrade. Here are all my versions:

Catalina: 10.15.7
Open Core 0.6.3
BIOS F9i
A dedicated drive for Users
For Ventura we will first need to update OpenCore to 0.9.4 or newer (0.9.5 is the latest). HackinDROM app can do this (see post 38,181 above).

Then review this Sonoma upgrade guide (note the disappearance of support for Broadcom WiFi modules).

Back