Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@balaclava9,

We can simply download the OpenCore 0.9.2 EFI for this build from the spoiler that the top of Post 1 labeled Quick Reference to Mini-Guides and Micro-Guides, then update the serial numbers in PlatformInfo -> DataHub:

View attachment 567881

Have you installed a fresh copy of Ventura? Is the fresh copy crashing/rebooting?

Yes the fresh Ventura is crashing / rebooting so I thought the problem must be in the EFI. I will try again following the 0.9.2 mini guide. thank you!

Hey,

I'm hoping someone can assist me! I'm trying to update a machine that was originally built (by someone else) with this guide and has been running really well for several years. The machine currently runs Mojave and is using clover.

I started by making a full clone of the internal drive as well as the EFI and have confirmed that the clone is working (machine boots and runs off the clone)
I then flashed BIOS to F9i downloaded from this thread
After loading optimised defaults in bios and making the recommended mods the current install is still booting and running fine.

I built a boot disk using Montery 12.6.6 downloaded using terminal (softwareupdate) on my m1 macbook;
Using OpenCore 0.7.8 (OC-078-DESIGNARE-Z390-INTEL-WIRELESS.zip) again from this thread and OpenCore configurator, I created the EFI, copying serial numbers with Hackintool etc as indicated in this guide.

The machine boots in to the OpenCore boot loader from the Montery flashdisk, but does not boot into Mojave from here.
I get stuck on the white apple logo (no progress bar)
If i run in verbose mode I can see i'm getting a kernel panic (image attached)

Tried a complete reset of the CMOS (pulled battery) reconfigured all the correct BIOS settings, tried rebuilding the EFI with the broadcom OC-078 as i'm not actually sure what card is in the machine, but same problem.
Tried tweaking a few other settings as the machine has 4 monitors plugged in to it (using 3 outputs, one is a splitter)

I'm pretty new at hackintosh's so go easy on me :)

Attachments

• IMG_8396.jpg
    IMG_8396.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 21
Hello @JaimeLopes,

You have described the problem very well and provided plenty of background information.

First thing to check in the new EFI 0.7.8 config.plist:
  • In UEFI -> APFS, are MinDate and MinVer both set to -1? To accommodate Mojave we should change both of them to -1.

Hey all, Iran into an issue with Thunderbolt, and I'm out of ideas and could really use your expertise.

I was running Clover and High Sierra. I recently upgraded my BIOS to F9 and did a fresh install of Big Sur with OpenCore. The install went great until I got to USB port mapping, and I realized there were no Thunderbolt ports showing up. I then booted into Windows, and noticed it wasn't showing up there either.

So I installed the latest windows TB driver for the Z390 Designare (https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z390-DESIGNARE-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver-thunderbolt), and I was able to see it in Thunderbolt Control with firmware version NVM33. However, I plugged in my TB audio interface in Windows, and there's no audio. Thunderbolt Control sees it is plugged in but audio does not work. I can even open up a Pro Tools session and select the audio interface, but when I hit play it plays back extremely slow with no audio.

TB_control.PNG

Same thing on the Mac side booting with USBIjectall, I can see it connected, and I can select it, but there's no audio. Hackintool shows that the Titan Ridge exists, but there are no XHC3 ports. From what I understand there should be an SSP1 and SSP2 port showing, but there's nothing.

hackintool_USB.png

When I boot up in Mac I can also see the XHC3 messages indicating issues as you would expect:
[ 115.504464]: 000115.504464 XHC3@00000000: AppleUSBHostController::setPowerStateGated: going to state 1 returned 0xe00002e9
[ 115.504483]: 000115.504483 XHC3@00000000: AppleUSBHostController::hardwareExceptionThreadCallGated: attempting recovery, forcing power state to on

My assumption is that when I updated the bios something went wrong with the TB ports. I can boot into Windows and install anything needed, so are there other drivers that maybe I'm overlooking? Or anything else that I can attempt that I'm not thinking of? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• audio_interface.png
    audio_interface.png
    200.4 KB · Views: 9
Hello @tekraz,

Please post your config.plist, but remove serial numbers from PlatformInfo -> DataHub. The USB port screenshot is showing all ports active, which we want to avoid. In any event I'd like to audit config.plist first.

config.plist is attached.

To give you more information I'm still at the point of mapping my USB ports and have not generated a serial yet. I did create a USBports.kext for USB2 and USB3 ports initially because I did not realize I needed to do anything specifically for thunderbolt. However, after I mapped the USB ports the system was freezing randomly and I noticed all of the XHC3 errors. So I did some reading and learned that I should have mapped SSP1 and SSP2 for Thunderbolt as well. My knowledge on this is limited so just let me know if I have any of that wrong.

Now I'm at the stage again with USBinjectall.kext trying to map everything I need while staying under 15 ports, and I noticed there are no Thunderbolt ports showing up in Hackintool.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• config.plist
    32.9 KB · Views: 19
Holy $&#&$#!! You did it! It works on Big Sur!

Now we have AppleVTD enabled with more than 16GB memory and no WiFi/Ethernet issue!

Z390 Designare:
View attachment 523859

What was the thought process that led to this solution?
Hi , I experience a weird behavior after installing ASUS XG-C100C 10GbE card in my build.
I have done everything like in the post below to make it work along with Bluetooth and WiFi working.

• BIOS --> Enable VT-d
  • OpenCore --> Uncheck DisableIoMapper from Kernel Quirks
  • OpenCore --> Remove dart=0 from boot-args if it exists
  • OpenCore --> Add SSDT-DMAR.aml (attached) to ACPI --> Add section as shown
  • OpenCore --> Delete DMAR from ACPI --> Delete section as shown
  • Reboot

And results are :

I have working wifi and Bluetooth. I can see Aquantia AQC113 Card listed in System Report
1687223205836.png

The problem is when I try to connect through SMB to my Synology NAS (Finder->Go-> Connect to server) or just click it through finder in network tab where I can see my Synology device. It simply freezes whole finder when I click at any shared Synology folder in finder, and it doesn't show the content of the folder. It seems to keep loading/connecting ,and I can't restart my hack. I do hard reset and try another configuration without [DMAR]enabled and without [delete DMAR] steps. Results then are: I have no WIFI, and I can easily connect to Synology through SMB or clicking at network and navigating to my folders on NAS.

My setup :
  • Gigabyte Designare Z390 TB3
  • I9 9900K,
  • Radeon VII
  • 64 RAM 3600Mhz DDR4
  • Fenvi T919 WiFi
  • OC 0.9.3.
  • Monterey 12.6.1
  • ASYS XG-C100C is mounted in the last PCI slot on the bottom (not affecting PCI x16 with my gpu)

I edit my config.plist in OpenCore Configurator 2.72.0.0
1687223846117.png

The whole purpose of that is to be able to connect to my Synology NAS with 10Gbe . When I connect Ethernet cable back to any on-mother-board 1Gb Ethernet port i can connect to Synology through IP address or web interface with no problem.
My home setup is : Synology DS 1821+ with Intel X710 TA2 10GbE card, Ubiquiti Networks UniFi Switch Flex XG, My Designare z390 Golden Build. Switch with Synology connected with cat6e cable, hack with switch cat7.

Please advise me what could I do wrong, or I missed something. With all my respect, I tried looking for answers in many posts but I could have missed something cause the thread is huge.

I attach these screenshot as well :
1687238430391.png

1687238468245.png

1687238505279.png

@pandasupermedia,

Some questions and comments:
  • Can you open the Synology web interface when connecting through 10GbE (and disconnect cable from 1GbE)?
  • Do you have Windows and/or Linux installed on this system? If so, can they mount file systems on Synology via SMB through 10GbE?
  • Do you have any other computer with 10GbE? If so, can it mount SMB shares on Synology?
  • Which UniFi console are you using? (Which “Dream Machine”?) Are there any VLANs or TCP port restrictions that might be preventing SMB protocol on the UniFi Switch Flex XG?

To give you more information I'm still at the point of mapping my USB ports and have not generated a serial yet. I did create a USBports.kext for USB2 and USB3 ports initially because I did not realize I needed to do anything specifically for thunderbolt. …
One quick question. USB ports are already mapped in the 0.9.2 EFI folder provided in this thread. Although it’s okay to create your own map, I’m wondering if you tried the map that already exists.

Update:
Just looked at your config.plist. It seems you've created your own configuration? You can simply download the OC 0.9.2 EFI folder for the Z390 Designare from here:

Last edited:
Back