Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Am I missing some crucial BIOS parameter? I had to reset it a couple of times, but I used the approved settings from this thread.

Am I missing some crucial BIOS parameter? I had to reset it a couple of times, but I used the approved settings from this thread.
I’ll try booting the Monterey installer (latest version) on my Z390 Designare soon.

Update:
  • Just booted the Monterey 12.6.4 installer (already had a USB install disk for this version)
  • Used my OpenCore 0.9.2 EFI
  • The installer came up without any problem
IMG_9319_resize.jpg

Suggestion:
  • Try booting the Monterey install disk
  • If it boots, try installing Monterey from scratch on a spare SSD
    • We can also create a new APFS Volume on an existing SSD, but this option should be handled with extra care

Last edited:
I’ll try booting the Monterey installer (latest version) on my Z390 Designare soon.

Update:
  • Just booted the Monterey 12.6.4 installer (already had a USB install disk for this version)
  • Used my OpenCore 0.9.2 EFI
  • The installer came up without any problem
View attachment 566887

Suggestion:
  • Try booting the Monterey install disk
  • If it boots, try installing Monterey from scratch on a spare SSD
    • We can also create a new APFS Volume on an existing SSD, but this option should be handled with extra care
That's what I am trying to do, boot an USB thumb drive OC 0.9.1 Monterey install.

I completely redid the thumb drive with your OC 0.9.2 EFI plus a fresh copy of the Monterey Installer. I get stuck(kernel panic now) at the same point.

Windows 10 boots fine.

That's what I am trying to do, boot an USB thumb drive OC 0.9.1 Monterey install.

I completely redid the thumb drive with your OC 0.9.2 EFI plus a fresh copy of the Monterey Installer. I get stuck(kernel panic now) at the same point.

Windows 10 boots fine.
Kernel panics are helpful because the log contains information about the cause. The cause is displayed a page or so before the end of the log. We usually take a video of the boot log then scrub it back a frame or two until we see the start of the kernel panic.

I tried to make a video, but the kernel panic info is unreadable because of color pixelation.

I booted from EFI OC 0.9.2 to a previously working vesrion of Ventura on a spare SSD, but then I end somewhere in hda problems or black screen and nothing. See pic.

Attachments

• Z390 Ventura Boot.jpg
    Z390 Ventura Boot.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 24
I tried to make a video, but the kernel panic info is unreadable because of color pixelation.
We take videos all the time. It’s never been a problem. I really can’t help further.

I am running Ventura 13.2.1 and have upgraded to OC 0.9.2 via HackinDrom. Is it safe for me to simply run the update for Ventura 13.4? There have been so many issues with 13.3.1.a that I held off until I saw some resolution in this forum.
Thanks for any help.

I am running Ventura 13.2.1 and have upgraded to OC 0.9.2 via HackinDrom. Is it safe for me to simply run the update for Ventura 13.4? There have been so many issues with 13.3.1.a that I held off until I saw some resolution in this forum.
Thanks for any help.
It's advisable to make a full bootable backup of Ventura 13.2.1 first. Then enable the kernel quirk DisableIoMapperMapping using OpenCore Configurator 2.70.0.0 (set it to 0.9.2 Release Version) and begin the in-place update to 13.4.

Back