Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I built my first Hackintosh (10.14.5 Mojave) following this guide, and the setup has been sold more than one year ago. I connected a Focusrite Clarett 8PreX (Thunderbolt 1?) to it with an Apple Thunderbolt 3 to 2 adapter. Although I cannot recall whether hot-plug was supported, but I can safely say that the device worked flawlessly under heavy load.

The port en0 is present, although it is not the one connecting to the network. I just remembered that the issue started happening when I had to replace the motherboard - before that the Ethernet ports were Eternet and Ethernet 2, after the board replacement I now see 4 Ethernet ports, with Ethernet 3 and 4 as the ones corresponding to the motherboard ports.
Try the following in Terminal:
Bash:
cd /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration
sudo rm NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • Then reboot
  • Network Interfaces file will be re-created
  • Then check App Store

After taking out some RAM and an AQ107 card to go in my new Z690, my trusty Z390 daily driver doesn't boot any longer. BIOS got shot, resets, crashes, been working on this all day. Unfortunately, when booting from my normal OC 0.8.8 EFI, I get stuck halfway loading MacOS. Can't make rhyme or reason of the messages in verbose mode.
I can boot from a EFI for my Z170, but that is also messy as this is the EFI of a different system.

Can somebody put up a working fairly recent(say 0.8.8) EFI for a Z390 Designare without serials? @CaseySJ?

Thanks!

After taking out some RAM and an AQ107 card to go in my new Z690, my trusty Z390 daily driver doesn't boot any longer. BIOS got shot, resets, crashes, been working on this all day. Unfortunately, when booting from my normal OC 0.8.8 EFI, I get stuck halfway loading MacOS. Can't make rhyme or reason of the messages in verbose mode.
I can boot from a EFI for my Z170, but that is also messy as this is the EFI of a different system.

Can somebody put up a working fairly recent(say 0.8.8) EFI for a Z390 Designare without serials? @CaseySJ?

Thanks!
There is an EFI from CaseySJ in this thread somewhere if I recall correctly.

**Edit: Found: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...700k-amd-rx-580.316533/page-3710#post-2355207

Argh. Stuck at the same place. What can the matter be?
I could boot Monterey with the Z170 OC EFI, so MacOS is not completely destroyed.
You mean even with the CaseySJ EFI? BIOS reset (flash again), NVRAM reset, CCC clone, MacOS reinstall on top (oops, you can’t as it doesn’t even reach login, isn’t it?), TM restore?

Yes. It's stuck. BIOS reset, check. NVRAM resets, check. Restore partition is stuck. Can't boot from my USB CCC clone, I see the EFI on it but not the Monterey clone. Tried 3 different EFI's on 3 different devices. Nope. Swapped RAM. No.
Booting to a Ventura test SSD via USB: forbidden sign.
Maybe i should indeed flash F9i again, do the BIOS settings again en take it from there.

My new Z690 was much easier to get up and running than this... Haha.

Yes. It's stuck. BIOS reset, check. NVRAM resets, check. Restore partition is stuck. Can't boot from my USB CCC clone, I see the EFI on it but not the Monterey clone. Tried 3 different EFI's on 3 different devices. Nope. Swapped RAM. No.
Maybe i should indeed flash F9i again, do the BIOS settings again en take it from there.

Nothing to loose by reflashing the BIOS but it's indeed kinda weird. Power supply swap?

Is CFG-Lock disabled in BIOS -> Boot? We need to disable it.

We can also press and release CMD-V at the OpenCore Boot Picker to enable verbose mode, then select the macOS boot disk.

Back