Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Ok, so TRIM bug is out of the equation. You could try to clone (CCC, Super Duper) to another spare drive and see how it behaves?
Swapping out the Samsung with a WD 2TB NVMe was on my todo list anyways. Hopefully that will speed up my boot times and maybe fix the issue. I’ll look at the verbose logs tonight anyhow. Any recommendations on a 2TB NVMe?

Swapping out the Samsung with a WD 2TB NVMe was on my todo list anyways. Hopefully that will speed up my boot times and maybe fix the issue. I’ll look at the verbose logs tonight anyhow. Any recommendations on a 2TB NVMe?
A… WD? I have the « cheaper » SN770 and it obviously saturates the PCIe 3.0 bus.

Another thing I thought: a reinstall on top? Not a clean install, just reinstall.

A… WD? I have the « cheaper » SN770 and it obviously saturates the PCIe 3.0 bus.

Another thing I thought: a reinstall on top? Not a clean install, just reinstall.
Do you mean reinstall MacOS over the top? If so I might give that a go too, I was actually thinking that my issues are like something has changed within the OS and not OC or BIOS and that’s why the issue remained ever after reverting back to OC 0.8.8. Do you know if this drive will work well?

WD Black SN850X 2TB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD​

Do you mean reinstall MacOS over the top? If so I might give that a go too, I was actually thinking that my issues are like something has changed within the OS and not OC or BIOS and that’s why the issue remained ever after reverting back to OC 0.8.8. Do you know if this drive will work well?

WD Black SN850X 2TB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD​

Yes, reinstall over the top, nothing to loose at this point.

The SN850x is also a good choice but way overkill for PCIe 3.0. However, if you plan to upgrade to a PCIe 4.0 MB, you’ll be ready.

The SN770 is slower… in PCIe 4.0 bench’s but I’m really pleased for the low price I paid (discount).

I even thought about the Blue SN570. For me, it’s quite a leap as I was still on SATA SSD. Honestly, in day to day use, I know that it reads/writes faster… but I can’t feel the difference!

Last edited:

The SN850x is also a good choice but way overkill for PCIe 3.0. However, if you plan to upgrade to a PCIe 4.0 MB, you’ll be ready.

The SN770 is slower… in PCIe 4.0 bench’s but I’m really pleased for the low price I paid (discount).

I even thought about the Blue SN570. For me, it’s quite a leap as I was still on SATA SSD. Honestly, in day to day use, I know that it reads/writes faster… but I can’t feel the difference!
Ok TEST 1, booted in Verbose mode expecting it to pause at an error or something however all the text scrolled really fast and then the screen stopped receiving an input again for about 40 seconds and couldn’t see anything. LOL is there a way to capture the fast scrolling verbose text?

OK TEST 2. Disregard Last. I reinstalled MacOS over the top and ALL WORKS NOW. Must have been caused by a bug or small change to the OS. Thanks for your help mate :)

OK TEST 2. Disregard Last. I reinstalled MacOS over the top and ALL WORKS NOW. Must have been caused by a bug or small change to the OS. Thanks for your help mate :)
Sometimes, brute force is all it needs :)

I am having an issue accessing the App Store and Messages on my Hackintosh, running 10.15.7 OS with 0.8.3 OC. I can see that the hackintosh is listed in my iCloud Authorised devices list, but I cannot sign in either on App Store or on Messages. Any known solutions I can try? I read that this could be an issue with UUID, but these were quite older posts and not sure if they apply here. Thanks.

I am having an issue accessing the App Store and Messages on my Hackintosh, running 10.15.7 OS with 0.8.3 OC. I can see that the hackintosh is listed in my iCloud Authorised devices list, but I cannot sign in either on App Store or on Messages. Any known solutions I can try? I read that this could be an issue with UUID, but these were quite older posts and not sure if they apply here. Thanks.
This is typically due to not having an Ethernet port named en0. Please try this:
Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 7.25.22 AM.png

The port en0 is present, although it is not the one connecting to the network. I just remembered that the issue started happening when I had to replace the motherboard - before that the Ethernet ports were Eternet and Ethernet 2, after the board replacement I now see 4 Ethernet ports, with Ethernet 3 and 4 as the ones corresponding to the motherboard ports.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 17.53.09.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 17.53.09.png
    325.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Back