Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I have a weird issue. I am now on Ventura 13.1 and noticed that I am only getting 100Mb on my network Ethernet interface. I don't think the kext is loading for the Ethernet driver. Any thoughts? I am on OC, attached is my EFI folder

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    49.1 MB · Views: 21
I have a weird issue. I am now on Ventura 13.1 and noticed that I am only getting 100Mb on my network Ethernet interface. I don't think the kext is loading for the Ethernet driver. Any thoughts? I am on OC, attached is my EFI folder
This is fairly common. Try going to Settings -> Network -> Advanced -> Hardware and changing speed from Auto to 1GbE. If the connection succeeds, it should be possible to change it back to Auto from that point on.

Well, when I do that, it completely stops working. I think I have a kext glitch. What is the proper SmallTree-211 kext? I seem to have both the -8259x.kext and the -82576.kext in my Kext folder...
I just checked both Ethernet ports on my Z390 Designare in Ventura 13.2(a). Both ports connect at full speed.

These are the recommended settings:
Screenshot 2023-01-14 at 7.16.20 AM.png

For the Intel i211 Ethernet port, AppleVTD must be enabled. For the Intel i219 Ethernet port, AppleVTD does not matter. We should also check the following:
Screenshot 2023-01-14 at 7.19.29 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-01-14 at 7.20.02 AM.png

Thanks @CaseySJ ! I stupidly deleted those kexts and replaced with the one that is not Monterey or later compatible, and I cant boot. I'm in process of making a bootable USB to get back into my system where I will correct me erroneous behavior... And check the settings in OC configurator. Much appreciated!

Jules

Well, I restored my EFI folder and can boot back up now. Still at 100M Things look like what you show. If I switch to manual mode on ethernet and go to 1Gig speed the mac almost instantly reboots. I'm doing some more research, but I have to knock some stuff out first. There are other reports of the speed shifting to 100M in monterey and higher from some people.

How do I do that? (Or ensure it is...)
Okay Jules, let's see what we can do...
  • Did both Gigabit Ethernet ports work properly in Monterey?
  • In IORegistryExplorer, do you see AppleVTD listed near the top of the device tree (left side of IOReg window)?
  • Procedure to enable AppleVTD is located here (in the spoiler labeled Quick Reference to Mini-Guides and Micro-Guides at the top of Post 1):
Screenshot 2023-01-14 at 12.27.17 PM.png

• If you switch your Ethernet cable to the other Ethernet port, does that one connect at full speed?

• Did both Gigabit Ethernet ports work properly in Monterey?
  • In IORegistryExplorer, do you see AppleVTD listed near the top of the device tree (left side of IOReg window)?
  • Procedure to enable AppleVTD is located here (in the spoiler labeled Quick Reference to Mini-Guides and Micro-Guides at the top of Post 1):
I don't remember if they both worked in Moterey.
I do not see AppleVTD listed in the device tree. Im in process of checking that one out.

Switching ethernet cable to the other one crashes they system. Upon boot it comes up with "self assigned IP"

Bizzareness!

Back