Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

After waking from sleep, we can manually disable and re-enable Bluetooth from the menu bar. That’s not ideal, but it’s better than rebooting.

Not very convenient when you use a magic trackpad, but seems I'm not the only that suffers this,

In the meantime, I'll probably try Bettertouchtool or find some script to toggle Bluetooth before and after sleep

edit: this script seems to do the trick

Wishing you all a wonderful year ahead!

Last edited:
** OpenCore 0.8.8 Released **

We can update using the "right-click" method in HackinDROM Application:

Is it possible to create a bootable TB external backup using CCC? I formatted like the older instructions and copied over the EFI from the source M2 disk, the CCC ran to completion with no failures. I can boot from F12 the UEFI off the external TB disk but the Ventura backup does not show in the OpenCore boot menu? This occurs on both my machines. I'm used OWC bus powered M2 enclosures on both machines. I do have to power cycle to get them to show up in BIOS. Am I following outdated info? I would like to able to boot from the TB and run on it like I did in the past with USB type c enclosures. I am trying again with the legacy boot option after reading above, both machines boot from TB external drives now.

Last edited:
Is it possible to create a bootable TB external backup using CCC? I formatted like the older instructions and copied over the EFI from the source M2 disk, the CCC ran to completion with no failures. I can boot from F12 the UEFI off the external TB disk but the Ventura backup does not show in the OpenCore boot menu? This occurs on both my machines. I'm used OWC bus powered M2 enclosures on both machines. I do have to power cycle to get them to show up in BIOS. Am I following outdated info? I would like to able to boot from the TB and run on it like I did in the past with USB type c enclosures. I am trying again with the legacy boot option after reading above, both machines boot from TB external drives now.
I have made many bootable SATA SSD drives with CCC, but it's via Thunderbolt 2. Add your OC EFI after making the clone.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-03 at 11.44.01 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-03 at 11.44.01 AM.png
    200.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot 2023-01-03 at 11.43.07 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-03 at 11.43.07 AM.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
** Mini-Guide: How to Replace Clover with OpenCore **
Finally getting around to switching to OC using this guide but I am getting this error in Open Core when I try to boot at the stage where I'm booting from the new EFI folder on the USB drive:

OCSB: No suitable signature - Security Violation
OCB: Apple Secure Boot prohibits this boot entry, enforcing
OCB: LoadImage Failed - Security Violation

My system is currently on Mojave 10.14.5 with BIOD F9i

Last edited:
Finally getting around to switching to OC using this guide but I am getting this error in Open Core when I try to boot at the stage where I'm booting from the new EFI folder on the USB drive:

OCSB: No suitable signature - Security Violation
OCB: Apple Secure Boot prohibits this boot entry, enforcing
OCB: LoadImage Failed - Security Violation

My system is currently on Mojave 10.14.5 with BIOD F9i
Hello @KevSea,

A few comments:
  • First, please note that the guide you quoted says "do not quote this guide in its entirety". Click the edit option at the bottom of your post and simply delete everything in that quote except the title line.
  • Next, are you using OpenCore Configurator 2.62.0.0 with OpenCore 0.8.3?
  • If so, please post a screenshot of OpenCore Configurator -> Misc -> Security

Hello @KevSea,

A few comments:
  • First, please note that the guide you quoted says "do not quote this guide in its entirety". Click the edit option at the bottom of your post and simply delete everything in that quote except the title line.
  • Next, are you using OpenCore Configurator 2.62.0.0 with OpenCore 0.8.3?
  • If so, please post a screenshot of OpenCore Configurator -> Misc -> Security
I am. Here's a screen shot
Screen Shot 2023-01-03 at 3.36.11 PM.png

We should change SecureBootModel to Disabled (instead of Default). Then reboot and let's see what happens.

Also post a screenshot of OpenCore Configurator -> Misc -> Boot
Same error with it disabled.
Screen Shot 2023-01-03 at 4.19.07 PM.png

(as always, thanks for the troubleshooting help)

Same error with it disabled.
View attachment 561099
(as always, thanks for the troubleshooting help)
Does OpenCore boot picker appear? Or do these errors prevent the boot loader from appearing?

Also do the following:
  • Mount EFI partition of USB flash disk
  • Open the EFI folder in EFI partition (in Finder)
  • Post screenshot

Back