Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

By the way, my Fenvi wakes up properly from sleep (Bluetooth and WiFi).

Is anyone else experiencing this problem (Bluetooth does not wake from sleep)? If so, which version of macOS are you running?
I've had no issue prior to macOS Ventura (Not using fake ACPI device) but ever since updating to Ventura, my Magic Keyboard/Trackpad do not work on startup unless they go through off/on cycle but bluetooth itself is fine. Similar issue described here. Same goes for "wake from sleep" but this was fixed by adding acpi-wake-type.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem (Bluetooth does not wake from sleep)? If so, which version of macOS are you running?
Yes, since Monterey. And no way to re-enable, except rebooting

Hi Casey,

All your work with this guide is very much appreciated. This build has been running great for me for years. I'm starting fresh with OC + Ventura but struggling to complete first boot into installation. After choosing "Install macOS Ventura" from the OC boot picker I receive a "Err(0xE) <- RT.GV wake-failure" error (log attached). I've tried OC 0.8.7 with the EFI from this post and OC 0.8.3 with the EFI from the mini-guide with the same results (using iMac19,1 generated serials for each). Nothing plugged into USB but mouse and keyboard. Tried resetting NVRAM. BIOS is F8 and I've double-checked that all settings match those in post #1. Tried toggling SecureBootModel between Default/Disabled. Tried removing "agdpmod=pikera" boot arg. Build is the same as post #1 except 9900k processor (RX580 GPU).

Am I missing something terribly obvious?

Attachments

• opencore-2022-12-30-072946.txt.zip
    14.3 KB · Views: 27
@shimala

Since I am currently away from home, can you check if BIOS F8 has an option to disable CFG-Lock from the “Boot” section?

If there’s no such option, please install BIOS F9g or F9i and change CFG-Lock to Disabled. Both of these BIOS versions are available from Section 1 of the spoiler at top of Post 1 labeled Quick Reference to Mini-Guides and Micro-Guides.

Please try disabling NVMeFix.kext in Kernel section of config.plist. This may or may not help — the last log entry in the video states that NVMeFix was started, and then no further logs are displayed.

Let’s also change SetApfsTrimTimeout to 0.

Dear @CaseySJ
I finally succeed to install Monterey. I was about to write you (to say that both NVMeFix and SetApfsTrimTiemout didn't work) when I saw @shimala post below having a similar problem. Then I realized that while I did the BIOS update, I haven't checked if any settings were different! To my surprise, many settings were changed, I didn't expect it. I changed everything in the BIOS and successfully booted and installed Monterey (I'm writing from the new system right now), I'm glad it worked out.
I'm so so sorry that I've been wasting your time and I feel so dumb for not checking every aspect as I should've! Lesson learned I guess!

The system is stable and running smoothly. I've noticed some issues but before addressing those, I've got some questions:
- do I need to do steps 8 to 10 from your guide? That would make sense, right? Even though, some points in step 9 seem unnecessary such as the XhciPortLimit or GPUname (it's already stating Vega64)...
- When the system is stable and ready to be duplicated on the NVMe drive, I will also prepare a backup before doing the cloning. Can I follow Step 11 (bootable backup) or should I follow another guide?
- I read at the beginning of the guide that Samsung NVMe should be avoided. I have since years a 970 EVO (not pro or normal) for my Mojave boot disk, is this gonna be a problem now?

Then I also got a couple of questions regarding my config.plist. During our tests we:
- disabled NVMeFix.kext
- changed SetApfsTrimTimeout to 0
- set SecureBootModel to Default.
- set ResizeAppleGpuBars to -1.
- removed agdpmod=pikera.

Should I change any of those? I believe that ResizeAppleGpuBars and agdpmod=pikera are fine as it is.

@Mochimino

Glad to hear macOS is finally installed. Regarding the OpenCore settings we changed, you are correct that we should only keep these changes:
  • Boot arguments: remove agdpmod=pikera
  • ResizeAppleGpuBars = -1
SecureBootModel can be changed to Default.

Great, will do! What about doing steps 8 & 9 from the guide? and the bootable backup from step 11?
Only Steps 8 and 11 should be done.

@shimala

Since I am currently away from home, can you check if BIOS F8 has an option to disable CFG-Lock from the “Boot” section?

If there’s no such option, please install BIOS F9g or F9i and change CFG-Lock to Disabled. Both of these BIOS versions are available from Section 1 of the spoiler at top of Post 1 labeled Quick Reference to Mini-Guides and Micro-Guides.

Working great after updating BIOS to F9i and turning off CFG-Lock! Thank you, Casey - happy New Year!

(And for posterity: No option to disable CFG-Lock in BIOS F8.)

Back