Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

My AMD B550 Vision D Ryzentosh with RX580 has graphics glitches and slow window resizing with Monterey 12.3. If you can wait for 12.4 to see if it fixes these problems, I would suggest doing so.

Because OpenCore 0.7.9 is a relatively minor update, I decided to forego the usual mini guides. The mini guide may return in the future…
FWIW, my Z390 with the Sapphire Pulse RX580 (and the Low-Power patch) is working without glitches. Pro Tools 2021.12, Logic 10.7.3, and the UAD Apollo 8 are also working well. I'm booting with a Samsung 860 (APFS) and more of these (HFS+) for data. I'm also using a Samsung SSD 970 PRO NVMe (HFS+) for sample-streaming, and a SanDisk Ultra 3D NVMe (HFS+) for general recording. Thanks, Casey.

Glad to hear it. I updated the mini guide for 0.7.8 to state that Mojave users also need to disable SecureBootModel.

You should be able to do an in-place upgrade to Catalina, but highly highly advisable to make a full backup of Mojave first.
@CaseySJ, I did an in-place update to Catalina, and then I tested it for a few hours; all process was smooth, and it now works like a charm. I will keep you posted if I face any issues. Again, thank you so much. :clap:

Hey guys, just after a little bit of guidance on an issue I've been rather hesitant to ask considering its the first time I've never been able to figure something out myself, but this ones got me..

System specs:

Z390 Gaming X
R9 290x
1TB Samsung NVMe
Titan Ridge 2.0 AIC

Issue I'm having is I cannot get any ports (SSP1, SSP2, etc) to work or show in IOREG under the Titan Ridge XHC* Controller. I have flashed just about every custom firmware to my card, a wide range of SSDTs posted and floating around the web, generated my own via HackinDrom, tried injecting ports via kext and probably every BIOS setting combination possible. I know some PR files will be asked for which I can provide (just not this second as I'm not home). But straight off the bat is there something one could think off, suggest or is there some small detail or step I've missed along the way through all the guides I've been through?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IO.png
    IO.png
    547.5 KB · Views: 48
Hey guys, just after a little bit of guidance on an issue Ive been rather hesitant to ask considering its the first time I've never been able to figure something out myself, but this ones got me..

System specs:

Z390 Gaming X
R9 290x
1TB Samsung NVME
Titan Ridge 2.0 AIC

Issue im having is i cannot get any ports (SSP1, SSP2, etc) to work or show in IOREG under the titan ridge XHC* Controller. I have flashed just about every custom firmware to my card, a wide range of SSDTs posted and floating around the web, generated my own via HackinDrom, tried injecting ports via kext and probably every BIOS setting combination possible. I know some PR files will be asked for which i can provide (just not this second as im not home) but straight off the bat is there something one could think off, suggest or is there some small detail or step ive missed along the way through all the guides ive been through?
Thanks in advance
Do SSP1 and SSP2 appear with original, un-flashed firmware? Recent versions of BIOS (those that support Resizable BAR Support) cause all sorts of problems with Thunderbolt USB-C controllers.

Do SSP1 and SSP2 appear with original, un-flashed firmware? Recent versions of BIOS (those that support Resizable BAR Support) cause all sorts of problems with Thunderbolt USB-C controllers.
No they don't. I should note that I'm using latest F10 BIOS, macOS Monterey 12.3
In general day to day use (not troubleshooting or testing) I have "Above 4g Decoding" setting in the BIOS disabled because I boot camp a UEFI class 3 compatible version of Windows 7 which won't boot with it enabled. With "Above 4G Decoding" enabled and resizable BAR Support "Disabled" I still get no ports (with a NVRAM Clear) and with resizable BAR Support "Enabled" macOS fails to boot.

@CaseySJ Are you following the problems with the amd cards icw macOS 12.3? Just wondering since I have no clue what to do with my rx6800xt in case I want/need to update at some point.

@CaseySJ Are you following the problems with the amd cards icw macOS 12.3? Just wondering since I have no clue what to do with my rx6800xt in case I want/need to update at some point.

Sure — please see:

Good morning, I have been following some results here, and I observe that my RX 5700XT has a different performance in Metal, something with 48000 points. Is this normal? I don't feel anything wrong with her, but I see results from other colleagues having something like 150,000 points to 200,000 points.. or am I wrong? Can anybody help me ? Thanks (i9 9900k / 64GB ram / 512 M2)

Attachments

• Captura de tela 19.03.2022 às 10.00.39 AM.png
    Captura de tela 19.03.2022 às 10.00.39 AM.png
    148.6 KB · Views: 35

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 40
Back