Hello guys
I have a 4k display
I set resolution to 1920x1080
at first boot macOS Login screen resolution is 1920x1080
but after restart it is 4k
Also after restart DRM is broken
looks like they are related
any way to fix this ?

I have already tried all combination of OC UEFI > Output > Resolution and UIScale but without success
I have also deleted com.apple.windowserver.plist from /Library/Preferences/ and ~/Library/Preferences/ ...

Hello guys
I have a 4k display
I set resolution to 1920x1080
at first boot macOS Login screen resolution is 1920x1080
but after restart it is 4k
Also after restart DRM is broken
looks like they are related
any way to fix this ?

I have already tried all combination of OC UEFI > Output > Resolution and UIScale but without success
I have also deleted com.apple.windowserver.plist from /Library/Preferences/ and ~/Library/Preferences/ ...
Hello @Inqnuam,

Some questions / comments:
  • Have you considered setting Resolution to Max and setting UIScale to 0 for automatic scaling?
Screen Shot 2022-03-19 at 8.31.17 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-19 at 8.31.32 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-19 at 8.32.06 AM.png

DRM should not be related to UI scaling. Are you using iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1?

Last edited:
This indicates an issue with either:
  • Monitor
  • Video cable
Was tv working before using the same monitor and same video cable?
The error messages appeared only one time.
Usually I have only a black screen and the audio.
Please note that DRM is broken ONLY after restart!
At first boot everything is working perfectly.

@CaseySJ
Any progress on getting better graphics performance on 12.3? Still sucks for me

@CaseySJ
Any progress on getting better graphics performance on 12.3? Still sucks for me
Have you seen this post on the previous page?

Good morning, I have been following some results here, and I observe that my RX 5700XT has a different performance in Metal, something with 48000 points. Is this normal? I don't feel anything wrong with her, but I see results from other colleagues having something like 150,000 points to 200,000 points.. or am I wrong? Can anybody help me ? Thanks (i9 9900k / 64GB ram / 512 M2)
The issue is Monterey 12.3 and the solution is here:
or in a link right above your own post (RX 5600 and 5700 use the same framebuffer):
Adjust the Pci path as required for your own build—you can find and copy the correct path from Hackintool.

Reactions: Rag
When using a DAW(Logic, Cubase), I see an uneven CPU load. There's always one core that is loaded much more than the others, and if this core peaks I hear a glitch. That's the way the DAW software is designed at the moment.
So I would like to have one core running as fast as possible when loaded, and the others not so much to avoid unnecesary high temps.

If you have a PC, there's lots of stuff that can (and should be adjusted) in the BIOS with a clear result on DAW use.

Does anyone have an idea how does works on our hacks? I tried adjusting BIOS settings(hyperthreading, speedstepping, EIST etc are a bad idea using a DAW), but they don't seem to have a clear effect.
Results(glitches at a certain load) are more or less the same whatever the settings.

Where do the BIOS settings stop and MacOS takes over?

Anyone found optimal settings for DAW use with a Z390 Designare board?
I just did some tests: I get 50%(!) better performance in Logic Pro 10.7.3 with hyperthreading and enhanced multicore on(in the BIOS).
So proper BIOS settings make a lot of difference, at least for Logic. Not let's wait and see if I don't trade off stability for speed...

Back