Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@RenJie
Verify under BIOS :
  • Under Thunderbolt configuration > Thunderbolt Boot Support > Select Boot once
  • Under Thunderbolt configuration > Discrete Thunderbolt Configuration > Thunderbolt Usb Support > Select Enable
Is your XHC3 under Thunderbolt tree is populated ?
If not, try connecting an USB-C device on Thunderbolt connector, reply us if XHC3 is populated and see if freeze persist ?
Thank you! your method is valid
I am after BIOS tweaks
System is running normally
XHC3 is also activated

Hello. I have a big negative effect from updating from Big Sur to Monterey.

My Bluetooth has been unavailable since Big Sur.
(I am using Bluetooth 4.0 broadcom BCM94360CD.)
BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
BrcmFirmwareData.kext
BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext

These kexts were not a remedy. However, AirDrop has been restored to some extent. However, AirDrop from iOS to Mac still doesn't respond.
(If you forget to install BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, Bluetooth seems to be available, but it doesn't work at all. Pairing is not possible.)
My iPad can no longer connect to Sidecar wirelessly. Wired connection is possible.

Is there anyone who can solve this problem?

Thank you first!
Try to disable SIP then reset NVRAM, that helped me

Hi.
I have only temporarily verified the BrcmBluetoothInjector.

I tried using the BlueTool Fixup that was included in the OpenCore 0.7.8 EFI, but it didn't work.
I don't know any other way ...
Another option is to disable all of these:
  • BlueToolFixup
  • BrcmBluetoothInjector
  • BrcmFirmwareData
  • BrcmPatchRAM3
Then perform a cold boot and see if things improve.

Something I just discovered that may be general knowledge, but was new to me. This may save others the same frustrations I experienced in picking the proper boot drive in the OpenCore Picker if I didn't want to use the default boot drive.

(There is a method using Terminal commands to modify these displayed names, but it was time consuming for me, so I rarely used it.)

I typically use a second drive in my builds to store bootable backups created with Carbon Copy Cloner. I find that these drives wind up with the same drive names in the OpenCore Picker window. Like this:

Initial Picker.jpg

Which drive is the cloned backup drive? One can't tell from the names.

I found that if I selected the second box "Provides custom rendered titles for boot entries" in the Misc -> Picker Attributes pop-up list, my problem was solved.

OpenCore Setting.jpg

The Picker now displays the Finder names for the drives, as shown below:

Fixed Picker.jpg

@NCMacGuy,

That's a very useful tip. If the descriptions of those darned flags were just a little bit clearer, we wouldn't be guessing what they mean.

There is an option in the BIOS of some motherboards called "Wake from Thunderbolt", which can be enabled or disabled. Does yours have this option?

Another thing to try is setting ErP to Enabled in the Platform Power section of BIOS.

If that also fails, it would be best to capture the macOS sleep log when an undesired wake from Thunderbolt occurs. This can be done by running this command in Terminal:
Bash:
pmset -g log > ~/Documents/sleeplog.txt
This will save the entire sleep log in sleeplog.txt, so it will be necessary to know the approximate time that the undesired Thunderbolt wake occurred so we can focus on the right subsection of the log.
Thank you for the suggestions.
ErP was already Enabled. I tried with ErP disabled, and haven't noticed a difference.
Wake from Thunderbolt was already disabled. Perhaps it should be Enabled?

I've been trying to check the sleep logs, but I don't think it's registering it as a wake event, but i'm attaching the sleep log. The only clue I have is from the panic log and some crash logs (also attached).

I'm also adding my EFI and IOReg just in case.

Attachments

• TB Sleep Crash Files.zip
    16.1 MB · Views: 33
Another option is to disable all of these:
  • BlueToolFixup
  • BrcmBluetoothInjector
  • BrcmFirmwareData
  • BrcmPatchRAM3
Then perform a cold boot and see if things improve.
I switched them all from enabled to disabled. My bluetooth will be completely unusable ... You can no longer even turn on Bluetooth from the menu bar.
Is there any other way to fix it?

I switched them all from enabled to disabled. My bluetooth will be completely unusable ... You can no longer even turn on Bluetooth from the menu bar.
Is there any other way to fix it?
Some questions / suggestions:
  • Which version of OpenCore are you running?
  • Please post screenshot of OpenCore Configurator --> Kernel section.
  • And screenshot of OpenCore Configurator --> ACPI section.
  • Which WiFi/BT card are you using? What is the make/model? Or provide a link to the product.
  • Run IORegistryExplorer and scroll (not 'search') down to XHC section until you see HS11 and HS12. Post a screenshot that shows both of those sections.

Thanks for the reply.
I have tried various methods, but I can't find any other. I am confused.

I'm using OpenCore "0.7.8" EFI for Z390 Designare.

I upload multiple screenshots.
I'm using a Bluetooth 4.0 broadcom BCM94360CD.

--Link--

If I haven't installed kext "AirportBrcmFixup", the behavior of AirDrop is probably very unstable.スクリーンショット 2022-02-18 午後09.42.29 午前.pngスクリーンショット 2022-02-18 午後09.42.08 午前.pngスクリーンショット 2022-02-18 9.55.02.pngスクリーンショット 2022-02-18 9.54.38.png

Thanks for the reply.
I have tried various methods, but I can't find any other. I am confused.

I'm using OpenCore "0.7.8" EFI for Z390 Designare.

I upload multiple screenshots.
I'm using a Bluetooth 4.0 broadcom BCM94360CD.

--Link--

If I haven't installed kext "AirportBrcmFixup", the behavior of AirDrop is probably very unstable.View attachment 542207View attachment 542208View attachment 542209View attachment 542210
AirportBrcmFixup should not be used in Monterey. More specifically, the injector kexts should be avoided. However, BCM94360CD is natively supported in macOS so this kext should not be used at all.

HS11 shows a very strange Bluetooth device: CSR8510. That is a Qualcomm chip instead of a Broadcom chip. Where did that come from? Is it a USB dongle? If so, please remove it.

The BCM94360CD should have a USB Bluetooth cable that you need to connect to motherboard F_USB header.

Back