Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

*** OpenCore 0.6.3 for Z390 Designare ***
Testers Needed​

I've tested it on my daily driver. It works good! Only thing that doesn't seem to work is mirroring the screen to my iPad Pro. This actually worked with the 0.6.2 config. Do you also experience this/able to test this?

The system configuration seems correct. Are you sure USB 2.0 ports are not working? Which devices have you connected to them?

Option 1:
  • Disconnect the electricity power to the PSU.
  • Press and hold the ON/Power button for 30 seconds, then release.
  • Reconnect power, boot into macOS, and try again.
Option 2:
  • Re-flash the BIOS (F9g) and configure BIOS parameters again.
Still not. Could trash that ssdt config and build up a new one with hackintool be a chance?

I've tested it on my daily driver. It works good! Only thing that doesn't seem to work is mirroring the screen to my iPad Pro. This actually worked with the 0.6.2 config. Do you also experience this/able to test this?

I tested sidecar on my iPad Air (3rd gen) and it worked for me, both mirroring and as a second monitor.

I'm looking for an RX 580. are there any brands/versions to stay away from?
thanks

The following are good choices:
  1. Sapphire Pulse RX 580 (not Nitro)
  2. MSI Armor RX 580
  3. PowerColor Red Dragon RX 580
  4. MSI Gaming X RX 580
I am personally using items 2, 3, 4. But Apple recommends Sapphire Pulse.

I'm looking for an RX 580. are there any brands/versions to stay away from?
thanks

Hi there @CaseySJ
My first hackintosh ever is up and running perfectly, all thanks to you and your crystal clear guides. Final Cut Pro X, After Effects, Nuke and Maya are the main softwares I use to work on a daily basis and they are all working smoothly.
My build is very similar to yours. The main diference is the 8Gb RX 590 from Sapphire instead of the 580.
Anyway, thanks a lot. I had never tried anything like it before and still wouldn't have if it wasn't for you.
This is my first post here and I just want to thank you.
Cheers!

I'm about to test Mojave for the AMD GPU setup. I've disabled the iGPU (RX580 only for the iMP1,1)
Should I delete the igfxfw=2 part of the boot argument in:

NVRAM<Add<7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82<boot-args<agdpmod=pikera alcid=11
(shikigva=128) igfxfw=2

?
Because you've disabled iGPU in BIOS, it's okay to remove igfxfw=2, although keeping it there will not cause any harm. For the sake of minimizing confusion, it should be removed.

I've flashed titan ridge in order to solve problem with lg 5k monitor - it didn't turn on after cold boot - i need to re-plug thunderbolt connector in order to get it turn on (after this it works correctly even if i reboot system). it's annoying to re-plug this connector every day. after titan ridge flashed - i see monitor in system report -> thunderbolt -> thunderbolt device tree correctly (before flashing i get 'no thunderbolt drivers loaded'). but problem with monitor cold boot didn't solved.
Please have a look at some of my replies here:

Still not. Could trash that ssdt config and build up a new one with hackintool be a chance?
You are the only person on this lovely planet that has this problem! :)

So certainly please try USBPorts.kext through Hackintool. You can follow this guide:

Hi there @CaseySJ
My first hackintosh ever is up and running perfectly, all thanks to you and your crystal clear guides. Final Cut Pro X, After Effects, Nuke and Maya are the main softwares I use to work on a daily basis and they are all working smoothly.
My build is very similar to yours. The main diference is the 8Gb RX 590 from Sapphire instead of the 580.
Anyway, thanks a lot. I had never tried anything like it before and still wouldn't have if it wasn't for you.
This is my first post here and I just want to thank you.
Cheers!
Hello @pedroyobc,

Good job and welcome to the forum!

Back