Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ @roastable I tried both boot options on my F12 menu that mentioned Windows boot loader, but I still get the same issue. =/
Do you guys have Windows installed? Does that happen at all? Did you tweak EFI/Bios settings?
Seeing as it’s clearly a Windows only issue (booting via the Windows Boot Manager via BIOS has nothing to do with a configured hackintosh EFI AFAIK), I’d recommend getting help on a Windows forum (you’d get better help and it wouldn’t clog up this macOS thread). I can’t really give much support because I haven’t troubleshooted much in Windows and there always appears to be something broken with my installs that I usually just let it go. That being said, make sure that the correct drivers are installed for your hardware.

I have been using this @CaseySJ build for around 2 years now and it's been great for me with little to no hiccups. Yesterday however, I booted into Mojave and started to experience major freezes and lockups.

Sometimes, the mouse cursor would still be active but I couldn't interact with any apps or windows for a minute or two and then the system would unfreeze. I tried disabling my login items except for Dropbox, but that didn't help. Sometimes, the system stays stable for 15 to 20 minutes at a time before freezing.

Opening some apps like Logic X seems to really lock everything up, then I have to force a restart with the pushbutton.

Any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting? I downloaded the gen_debug tool from @black.dragon74 and generated a zip file, attached here. Nothing that I know of has changed in my setup, could I have an issue with Kexts?

I did recently get a major Windows 10 update, but that's on another NVME drive, and I've checked all BIOS settings to match this install guide.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• debug_11817.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 48
Hi. Please check your System Preference Settings< Sound and Security & Privacy settings. Also check the Audio MIDI Setup App settings.
Hi, thanks. Ok I checked-all those match, other than "Luna" which I don't have and there's no UAD option in that menu for mic usage

Audio Midi - UAD thunderbolt is selected

Hi, thanks. Ok I checked-all those match, other than "Luna" which I don't have and there's no UAD option in that menu for mic usage

Audio Midi - UAD thunderbolt is selected
have you tried to remove and reinstall uad ?

Unfortunately it won't work. The AX200 is a WiFi 6 module by Intel. Not supported in macOS...
I got my Fenvi AX300 (PCI-e) working with wifi...bluetooth continuity!!!Initially the card never showed at all. I used the "Heliport" method and the card was recognized via the updated "itlwm.kext."

itlwm

1. Merged itlwmx to itlwm, itlwmx is now deprecated.
  2. Compressed firmware files, reduced itlwm size to 9.9 MB.
  3. Resolved an issue that causes the system to become unresponsive when uploading with P2P software.
A single itlwm.kext supports all the previously supported devices.

itlwm still needs to be used with Heliport and provides support for 10.12 and above systems.

AirportItlwm Beta

1. Supports all itlwm-supported devices.
  2. Supports native Wi-Fi selection and switching with WPA/WPA2/Unencrypted Wi-Fi Networks.
  3. Supports Location Services.
  4. Handoff and Universal Clipboard perfectly supported.
I downloaded both files and the "Heliport" that is attached. I placed both the "itlwm" and the "Airportitlwm" in the EFI folder/kexts/other. As for the Heliport, I placed it on my desktop and took my home folder and placed it on top of it and an install window pops up. To do this, I highlighted my home folder and dragged it onto the "Heliport" app. Then just install. It will offer you the option to just install "wifi" or "wifi + Bluetooth."

After all of this, you will only have your card recognized by the system. The tricky part comes next. You will have to right-click on both the "itlwm" and "Airportitlwm" take a Plist Editor and click on "show package contents." Open the "info.plist" with your preferred plist editor (I use Plist Edit Pro) and you will get to this screen:
1.png

Scroll all the way down to IOKitPersonalities and make the correct edits to your "WiFiConfig" accordingly. You will have to change the SSID and Password on all 4 items. On the left side where it says "password" change it to your router or your connection password. Where it says "SSID", make sure that you change it to your wifi connection name. Again...do it for all 4!!! Then you will head to "system preferences" and click on "user groups" and check mark and allow the "Heliport" to have access to login and boot automatically. Like this:

2.png

As you can see both my wifi and bluetooth are connected and working and my handoff works fine with FaceTime. I hops that this helps someone.

3.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 8.42.47 AM.png

The reason that this was so difficult was that there were so many "Intel" kexts floating around out there and some of the were deprecated and some were just garbage. But this worked for me. The real trick is to edit your info.plist. I had to mix and match the info from two different sites to get this to work.

All credit goes to the hard work of:

@Gabe87
Fewt
GPD
@lazd
@thedvious1
@andot

@1Revenger1 for Keychain password management improvements
@Bat.bat for repository management and Sparkle integration
@DogAndPot for initial UI implementation
@ErrorErrorError for UI improvement, Preference Window implementation and more
@Goshin for API implementation, Status Menu improvements and more
@igorkulman for code refactoring, password management and more
@zxystd for writing itlwm and APIs
Everyone who contributed to localization files

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    162.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 8.42.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 8.42.47 AM.png
    83.5 KB · Views: 66
  • AirportItlwm.kext.zip
    9.5 MB · Views: 49
  • itlwm.kext.zip
    9.5 MB · Views: 51
  • HeliPort.dmg
    7.6 MB · Views: 52
  • 3.png
    3.png
    197 KB · Views: 60
  • 3.png
    3.png
    63.1 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
@CaseySJ @roastable I tried both boot options on my F12 menu that mentioned Windows boot loader, but I still get the same issue. =/
Do you guys have Windows installed? Does that happen at all? Did you tweak EFI/Bios settings?

Seeing as it’s clearly a Windows only issue (booting via the Windows Boot Manager via BIOS has nothing to do with a configured hackintosh EFI AFAIK), I’d recommend getting help on a Windows forum (you’d get better help and it wouldn’t clog up this macOS thread). I can’t really give much support because I haven’t troubleshooted much in Windows and there always appears to be something broken with my installs that I usually just let it go. That being said, make sure that the correct drivers are installed for your hardware.
I tested sleep/wake with Windows on my Z390 Designare. It works perfectly whether Windows is started through OpenCore or directly through the BIOS Boot Menu.

Hence I agree with @roastable that this appears to be a Windows-specific problem. Hopefully you'll find a solution by searching the Internet.

@CaseySJ OpenCore 0.6.3 is released.
Right on time! First week of the new month. Will work on 0.6.3 EFI zips today and tomorrow.

have you tried to remove and reinstall uad ?

@jdlux

Make sure the UAD box is directly connected to the computer and not through a hub.

And if you do reinstall, first use the "Reset-UAD-Access-Control" command from the UAD website.

Those permissions have to be set within a very limited amount of time. Other than the file play-out that you were describing, does the UAD Console and Meter, etc. all work properly? FWIW, make sure the UAD box is directly connected to the computer and not through a hub.

@jdlux

Make sure the UAD box is directly connected to the computer and not through a hub.

And if you do reinstall, first use the "Reset-UAD-Access-Control" command from the UAD website.

Those permissions have to be set within a very limited amount of time. Other than the file play-out that you were describing, does the UAD Console and Meter, etc. all work properly? FWIW, make sure the UAD box is directly connected to the computer and not through a hub.
Thanks will try that-it's not connected to a hub

Back