Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ

Hi again! Updated to latest official BIOS from Gigabyte and disabled the CFG-Lock. Everything was working as expected!

Went for update to replace Clover with OpenCore from your mini guide and it went smooth, but two things are not working as I had in Clover.

I have a dual boot setup, and now windows SSD is gone from the menu where I can choose the disk to boot from. It was working on Clover.

And the other thing is about HZ on my monitor. With clover I had it on 165hz (DELL S2721DGF), but now the option is missing (grayed out). Only when lowering resolution I can change 1080p> 120hz.

Is something we can work on?

EDIT on monitor:
I have compared the SSDT folder from Clover and OpenCore and found that I had installed once "SSDT-RX580- Version 1.0.aml", so I copied it to OpenCore and enabled, along with that I'v also added these device proprieties from Clover that I think are needed to make it work.

These are my settings for now, 165hz is working again!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 18.43.30.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 18.43.30.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 67
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 18.43.36.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 18.43.36.png
    66.5 KB · Views: 61
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 18.44.16.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 18.44.16.png
    77.4 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
** Micro-Guide: Radeon Speed Boost **
for Vega 56/64, Radeon VII, RX 5500/XT, RX 5700/XT
Please do not quote this micro-guide in its entirely. Post a link instead.​
Hello @CaseySJ

Thank you very much for your effort, I am using OC 0.62 all perfect, my question is?
I did not make any changes to the EFI you provided. Serial numbers only.
Do these drives for RX 5700 XT improve or does it no longer make sense to use?

Thank you,

Last edited:
Hello @CaseySJ

Thank you very much for your effort, I am using OC 0.62 all perfect, my question is?
I did not make any changes to the EFI you provided. Serial numbers only.
Do these drives for RX 5700 XT improve or does it no longer make sense to use?

Thank you,
Hello @Rag,

Please do not quote guides and mini-guides in their entirety. It says so under the title of each guide.

In my humble opinion, RadeonBoost seems to boost benchmarks, but has little impact on real world use cases.

@CaseySJ

Hi again! Updated to latest official BIOS from Gigabyte and disabled the CFG-Lock. Everything was working as expected!

Went for update to replace Clover with OpenCore from your mini guide and it went smooth, but two things are not working as I had in Clover.

I have a dual boot setup, and now windows SSD is gone from the menu where I can choose the disk to boot from. It was working on Clover.

And the other thing is about HZ on my monitor. With clover I had it on 165hz (DELL S2721DGF), but now the option is missing (grayed out). Only when lowering resolution I can change 1080p> 120hz.

Is something we can work on?

EDIT on monitor:
I have compared the SSDT folder from Clover and OpenCore and found that I had installed once "SSDT-RX580- Version 1.0.aml", so I copied it to OpenCore and enabled, along with that I'v also added these device proprieties from Clover that I think are needed to make it work.

These are my settings for now, 165hz is working again!
Regarding Windows, does the Windows SSD contain an EFI partition? If so, does that partition contain an EFI/Microsoft folder? We can check this from macOS by mounting the EFI partition of the Windows SSD.

Regarding Windows, does the Windows SSD contain an EFI partition? If so, does that partition contain an EFI/Microsoft folder? We can check this from macOS by mounting the EFI partition of the Windows SSD.
It does't have :O
EDIT: I'm following guides to dual boot on opencore, I will report later.

Last edited:
Good day...
How to enter the home screen with this open core logo.
Because from what I could see, this is placed in the correct Bios?

Attachments

• Imagem 1.jpg
    Imagem 1.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 55
Good day...
How to enter the home screen with this open core logo.
Because from what I could see, this is placed in the correct Bios?

What do you mean by "How to enter the home screen with this open core logo."?
All that logo does is replace the default Aorus logo with an OpenCore logo, nothing else has changed, eg still press DEL to get into the BIOS, still press F12 to be able to boot from a list of attached drives, etc.

Hello.
I followed that mini-guide to successfully upgrade to 0.6.2:

But still the sleep doesn't work. It re-starts.

I have done also this:

That solution was OK in my clover configuration and the Fenvi wifi Card.
But it seems that with Opencore it doesn't work.

Any solution?
Thank you
Hello.

I have just updated the BIOS to F9i, but the Sleep problem persists.

At the

There are solutions for Clover based systems:

Clover Based Solutions:
  • Add 300-Series RTC patch to config.plist --> ACPI section as follows:
    • Find* [HEX] = A00A9353 54415301
    • Replace* [HEX] = A00A910A FF0BFFFF
    • Comment = Fix 300-series RTC Bug
  • If your MSR 0xE2 is locked(this is the default condition for this motherboard), ensure that either EmuVariableUefi.efi or EmuVariableUefi-64.efi is present in the CLOVER drivers folder, as follows:
    • Clover 5xxx: CLOVER/drivers/UEFI
    • Clover 4xxx: CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
ETC

Are those solutions suitable for an OpenCore 0.6.2 system??

In my case, with F9i BIOS I have the CFG-lock enabled... But I have no EmuVariableUefi.efi or EmuVariableUefi-64.efi present at the Drivers EFI folder, because is for CLOVER.. I'm lost

I'm sorry if this has been brought up earlier, but I removed my BCM94360CS2 add-in card in favor of the IntelBluetoothFirmware kernel extension and it works like a charm - except I'm no longer able to use my Bluetooth keyboard/mouse in the Clover bootloader as well as in BIOS. Based on my very limited understanding of the matter, the BCM94360CS2 supported HID Proxy Mode which enabled it to work in the Clover bootloader, and I'm wondering if the Intel chip doesn't.

Is there anyone here who have had success with using IntelBluetoothFirmware and having support for Bluetooth peripherals in the bootloader?

Back