Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hellow sir I installed mac os with your method everything is going perfect with your mathod I'm using mac os with your method for everything going

I'm using Universal audio ( Audio Interface with tb3 port it's " it is Universal Audio Apollo x8p when I'm turning it on its joy connecting properly .. I have Mac mini in my office where I do job .. it's working fine with mac mini when I turn off and turn it on its connecting properly like hot swapping thing but on hackintosh it's loosing connectivity
Happy for you! thanks to @CaseySJ
please try a hard reset of your Apollo x8p

Folks I could do with some help regarding Logic Pro crashing immediately on startup. The story so far...

- Installed Mojave 10.4.6 and all good, Logic works
- Installed a bunch of plugins, Logic crashes immediately on staring up, can't open a session get into any preferences etc.
- Removed all plugins, trashed preferences and all related Logic system files
- Still crashes immediately on startup, bummer

6 months working with other apps passes, all good except Logic crashes every time

- From my bootable back up on an external SSD with no apps installed, I duplicate to another external SSD and install Logic
- Hooray it works!
- Install a bunch of plugins
- Hooray it works!
- Install all my other audio apps
- Hooray Logic works!

A few weeks pass

- Bam, Logic crashing hard immediately on startup
- Remove all plugins all plugins, trashed preferences and all related Logic system files
- Logic still crashes immediately on startup, double bummer

Any ideas?

I have attached a few screenshots from the crash log where it mentions 'crash'

Cheers
What interface are you using? Could you try another DAW? Like Reaper...

About the latest OC: is it worth the trouble this time for someone still on Mojave using Clover? I tried a previous version of OC but failed to see any benefits.

I have no plans to upgrade to Catalina or Big Sur anytime soon.
If your system works well, why? Obviously, my opinion. I’ll stay for a while on Mojave like you and I’m still on Clover 5099. Works smooth, my DAW (Reaper) is solid...

EDIT: oops! Casey beat me saying the same!

Last edited:
@CaseySJ Good day,

I wish to gift one of our previously used Z390 Designare systems to a friend.

I am unable to find a Catalina clean Opencore install guide.

Would you be so kind, to point me in the correct direction?

I believe I have completely abandoned Clover.

Tony.

@CaseySJ Good day,

I wish to gift one of our previously used Z390 Designare systems to a friend.

I am unable to find a Catalina clean Opencore install guide.

Would you be so kind, to point me in the correct direction?

I believe I have completely abandoned Clover.

Tony.

The Quick Reference spoiler at the top of Post #1 is the Grand Central Dispatch Station for this ginormous thread. :)

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 4.13.35 PM.png

@CaseySJ after enjoying v2 of the Designare Z390 iGPU EFI folder posted, I tried to use an old Mac Video Card to power my Apple CinemaHD 30" monitor. So I changed the(iGPU) Config.plist to the AMD config.plist. For some reason now I get a EMPTY sign after OpenCore picker.

Thinking It was a typo or something related to the config file, I tried to boot from the USB drive with the iGPU config.plist and got the same results. I read, searched and NO info related to this situation was found, maybe I'm using the wrong terms in my search.. could you please guide me in to solve this, or point me to info that can help me resolve it.

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:
I have reinstalled fxfactorty version 7.1.7.. the spinning ball issue is still there in fcp title tab and sometimes in os also..it is annoying. Clover is my bootloader so where can i find latest plugins sir.
You will need to get rid of every peace of the fxfactory for it to work. Even the invisible stuff. Google and download funter to help you see the invisible stuff. The latest plugins can be extracted from here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...700k-amd-rx-580.267551/page-2640#post-2180651

The sixth Big Sur public beta is a bit unorthodox. When the update process begins in System Information --> Software Update, the system will prepare the installer and reboot the system.

On this first reboot, OpenCore Picker should present you a new option: Macintosh HD. Select this one. It might not be selected automatically.

Let the system boot. If the progress bar stops and does not move for 15 minutes, press the Reset physical button on the computer to reboot. If the progress bar proceeds all the way, the system will reboot itself shortly thereafter.

Now at the OpenCore Picker the Macintosh HD option should be gone. This time boot the Big Sur or macOS 11 disk. The update will continue now.
Thanks, I will keep this in mind with the next install/upgrade.

It seems that the upgrade-installer really messed up my installation (after spending hours to fix some errors with 0 result), so I decided to start from scratch again and will try to restore from TimeMachine backups. Also, I will now be using your EFI on oc 0.6.2.

New EFI, new USB installer, fresh install :) Fingers crossed.

Back