Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I’m using the standard one with usbinjectall
Please do the following:
  1. Post a screenshot of your CLOVER/ACPI/patched or OpenCore OC/ACPI folder.
  2. Post the USB SSDT located in that folder: SSDT-UIAC-Z390-DESIGNARE-V7.aml

Hi @CaseySJ
Thanks for the explanation, but I still don't understand what CFG Lock's function is? let him enabled what kind of problem can occur?
I've been using the F9i version (which was beta) for more than 30 days, I haven't downloaded the official version yet.
But I looked now and the CFG Lock in the F9i version that I have it disabled by default.
What do you recommend. Thank you
When CFG-Lock is unlocked, it allows macOS to enable native Intel CPU power management. It is also part of the process of enabling native NVRAM.

Before trying to install please update your Bios to F9i, then disable CFG-Lock from Bios:
Format USB stick to FAT. Download attached Z390DESI.F9i.zip file.
Unzip it and move Z390DESI.F9i file into your USB stick.
Restart PC, enter to Bios and update Bios by selecting that Z390DESI.F9i file from your USB stick.

As I can see you have i9-9900KF like me so I customised Casey's OC 0.6.2 EFI Folder for you. (Added CPUFriend plugin and SSDT)
I sent you config.plist by PM. Its configured as iMacPro1,1 with unique SMBIOS data.
Download EFI I9900KF - Inqnuam.zip then unzip it.
Move that config.plist inside the EFI->OC Folder.
Mount EFI Partition of your USB installer stick. (You can do that with Clover Configurator or OpenCore Configurator or else)
Copy EFI Folder into your USB installer stick EFI Partition.
Then you can start your installation by following Casey's guide.
Dont forget to disable CFG-Lock from your updated Bios.
Does thunderbolt is working properly ? For wifi I am going to use tp link usb wifi dongle I'm not sure interal wifi + bluetooth will work or not

And thankyou so much for support nd files you sent to me .. as this is mid night .. here I will start installation process in morning

Previously I was using a tv with saffire rx580 pulse's hdmi out ..

I will use a monitor instead of tv early morning

Thankyou again

I will copy these file in efi folder of my stick

Does thunderbolt is working properly ? For wifi I am going to use tp link usb wifi dongle I'm not sure interal wifi + bluetooth will work or not

And thankyou so much for support nd files you sent to me .. as this is mid night .. here I will start installation process in morning

Previously I was using a tv with saffire rx580 pulse's hdmi out ..

I will use a monitor instead of tv early morning

Thankyou again

I will copy these file in efi folder of my stick
Some comments:
  • Thunderbolt will work, but look at System Information --> PCI instead of System Information --> Thunderbolt.
  • Internal WiFi/BT module is made by Intel so it will not work natively with macOS. There are experimental drivers for the internal module, but they are not recommended for general purpose use.
  • Good idea to use computer monitor instead of TV!

Hello , my system has bee workimg fine but today i it will not boot , this is what shows in verboot mode can someone please help ? Thank you.

Attachments

• F834D7AB-5234-4AF4-A68A-8016F530AD57.jpeg
    F834D7AB-5234-4AF4-A68A-8016F530AD57.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 59
Hello , my system has bee workimg fine but today i it will not boot , this is what shows in verboot mode can someone please help ? Thank you.
Sorry to hear that. However, please try booting from your Bootable Backup disk as follows:
  • Shutdown the computer and flip power switch on PSU to OFF for 10 sections
  • Restart the computer. Does it work?
  • If not, then follow these steps:
    • Connect the bootable backup disk
    • Reboot system and press F12 at BIOS Splash Screen to open the BIOS Boot Menu
    • Select the bootable backup disk
    • When Clover or OpenCore menu appears, select the internal macOS SSD
    • Does it boot up?
    • If it boots up, mount EFI partitions of (a) bootable backup disk and (b) internal macOS SSD.
      • Copy the EFI Folder from Bootable Backup --> to --> Internal macOS SSD.
      • Safely eject the bootable backup disk
      • Reboot computer normally
      • Does it work?

Big Sur public beta #6 released today. Some notes with OpenCore as the boot loader:
  • Perform the update from System Preferences --> Software Update
  • When system reboots you will see a new Macintosh HD boot option
  • Select this option and let it start
  • Wait 15 minutes; if the progress bar hangs after 15-20 minutes, press the Reset button to reboot
  • Now the "Macintosh HD" option should be gone.
  • Select the normal macOS SSD.
  • The update will continue.
Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 3.26.46 PM.png

Sorry to hear that. However, please try booting from your Bootable Backup disk as follows:
  • Shutdown the computer and flip power switch on PSU to OFF for 10 sections
  • Restart the computer. Does it work?
  • If not, then follow these steps:
    • Connect the bootable backup disk
    • Reboot system and press F12 at BIOS Splash Screen to open the BIOS Boot Menu
    • Select the bootable backup disk
    • When Clover or OpenCore menu appears, select the internal macOS SSD
    • Does it boot up?
    • If it boots up, mount EFI partitions of (a) bootable backup disk and (b) internal macOS SSD.
      • Copy the EFI Folder from Bootable Backup --> to --> Internal macOS SSD.
      • Safely eject the bootable backup disk
      • Reboot computer normally
      • Does it wor
It didnt , should i reinstall?

Back