Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I was about to delete your post about X570-based AMD Hackintosh, but the rules have changed in your favor! I suppose I have no excuse now... Will look at your attachments shortly. :)
i think it got put back by Admin :)

i think it got put back by Admin :)
Actually I moved it back after trying unsuccessfully to find the anti-AMD paragraph in Rules. :)

Actually I moved it back after trying unsuccessfully to find the anti-AMD paragraph in Rules. :)
I saw Stork move it :) but all good! :)

** OpenCore 0.6.1 EFI ZIP has been Added **

After upgrading to OpenCore 0.6.1 using your EFI folder, I received an error booting Mojave: "Apple secure boot prohibits this boot entry, enforcing!" The fix was upgrading to OpenCore Configurator version 2.12.0.0 (Released today w/ 0.6.1 official support) and going into Misc / Security and setting SecureBootModel to Disabled.

This was only needed for Mojave; Catalina booted okay without this setting. I read OpenCore 0.6.1 has new secure boot functionality - and this setting is new - but I haven't figured out why this is needed just for Mojave.

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 10.10.55 AM.png

After upgrading to OpenCore 0.6.1 using your EFI folder, I received an error booting Mojave: "Apple secure boot prohibits this boot entry, enforcing!" The fix was upgrading to OpenCore Configurator version 2.12.0.0 (Released today w/ 0.6.1 official support) and going into Misc / Security and setting SecureBootModel to Disabled.

This was only needed for Mojave; Catalina booted okay without this setting. I read OpenCore 0.6.1 has new secure boot functionality - and this setting is new - but I haven't figured out why this is needed just for Mojave.

View attachment 487348
Opencore sets it to "default" as a default setting, best to disable :)

hi new to this forum... first time hackintosher!

cant seem to get passed phase 2 of install.. keep getting stuck on "macos could not be installed on your computer".

i tried to go through this thread to find solutions but haven't been able to figure it out. other threads point to a terminal command that

cp -rf /Volumes/Install\ macOS\ Mojave/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/SharedSupport/* /Volumes/Mojave/macOS\ Install\ Data

but that doesn't seem to force the install.. i might be missing something since i don't deal with terminal very often

im trying to instal mojave 10.14.6 on a system that has (gigagbyte z390 designare + i9 9900k + radeon rx580 (8gb))

i should also mention that ium installing to adata nvme drive and its the only drive in my system

MODEL IS
XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Gen3x4 PCIe M.2 2280 Solid State Drive R/W 3500/3000MB/s SSD
I had the 2TB version of this drive last month and had to return it. It would always have issues as the drive ran. Couldn't consistantly copy data in MacOS. The description of the 2TB version on Amazon says, "this SSD is not compatible with Mac. Additional parts may be required to use on Mac system." My Samsung and Addlink m.2 nvme drives work fine inside my machine and as external drives.

I encountered exactly the same problem a couple of weeks ago on the Z490 Vision D after swapping GPUs.

After installing the RX 580 it might be necessary to do the following:
  • Disconnect monitor from any on-board video ports and connect monitor directly to RX 580
  • Perform CMOS Reset by shorting the two designated pins on motherboard with flat head screwdriver
    • Then configure BIOS parameters
    • If using BIOS version F9g or F9h, CFG-Lock is already disabled, but if using any other BIOS version, please unlock CFG-Lock (MSR 0xE2) once again
  • If the system boot up this time, enter BIOS Setup and:
    • Change IGFX --> Enabled (not Auto)
    • Change Initial Display Output --> PCIe 1 Slot
Managed to boot for now. How do I disable cfg?

EDIT
Hdmi monitor is within monitor settings but no video output. Just through dp

Managed to boot for now. How do I disable cfg?

EDIT
Hdmi monitor is within monitor settings but no video output. Just through dp
If you can boot, then it's not necessary to disable CFG-Lock. However, instructions for disabling CFG-Lock are provided in the Quick Reference spoiler at the top of Post #1.

Quick question about USBMap:

My USBMap.kext has a total of 17 USB ports, 15 on XHC and 2 on XHC5 (Titan Ridge USB controller, SSP1 and SSP2).

Am I correct to assume that the 15 ports limit is for each controller? Or total of all USB controllers?

BTW, I had to map SSP1 and 2 as USB 3.1 gen2 wasn’t working at all on one of the TB3 port.

I could easily trim the unused USB1.1/2 part of each USB3 port if needed but wondering if I’m ok first in my reasoning (15 ports total or by controller)...

Thanks,

Patrice

Quick question about USBMap:

My USBMap.kext has a total of 17 USB ports, 15 on XHC and 2 on XHC5 (Titan Ridge USB controller, SSP1 and SSP2).

Am I correct to assume that the 15 ports limit is for each controller? Or total of all USB controllers?

BTW, I had to map SSP1 and 2 as USB 3.1 gen2 wasn’t working at all on one of the TB3 port.

I could easily trim the unused USB1.1/2 part of each USB3 port if needed but wondering if I’m ok first in my reasoning (15 ports total or by controller)...

Thanks,

Patrice
The 15-port limit is per controller so your configuration is perfectly okay.

Additionally, if using OpenCore, we can exceed the 15-port limit by enabling XhciPortLimit in OpenCore Configurator --> Kernel. We've done this on the Z490 Vision D, where all ports are enabled, including HS08 and HS13 that provide USB 2 support over the two Thunderbolt ports.

Back