Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@maschinenwart: The bios do nothing except CFG_Lock=Disables (if you set it) and GPIO3 Force Pwr=Enabled (if you set it). I don't have UAD Apollo. May be you need to check other bios settings and your Clover/OC ssdt/config. I don't know, sorry...

hi losinka, it's been a while but i still have the "shutdown problem" with my Z170X-UD5 TH board. could you provide me your OpenCore - ACPI folder and config.plist?

kind regards
mw

After upgrading to OpenCore 0.6.1 using your EFI folder, I received an error booting Mojave: "Apple secure boot prohibits this boot entry, enforcing!" The fix was upgrading to OpenCore Configurator version 2.12.0.0 (Released today w/ 0.6.1 official support) and going into Misc / Security and setting SecureBootModel to Disabled.

This was only needed for Mojave; Catalina booted okay without this setting. I read OpenCore 0.6.1 has new secure boot functionality - and this setting is new - but I haven't figured out why this is needed just for Mojave.

View attachment 487348
Thank you for pointing this out. The OpenCore 0.6.1 EFI has been updated accordingly.

I had the 2TB version of this drive last month and had to return it. It would always have issues as the drive ran. Couldn't consistantly copy data in MacOS. The description of the 2TB version on Amazon says, "this SSD is not compatible with Mac. Additional parts may be required to use on Mac system." My Samsung and Addlink m.2 nvme drives work fine inside my machine and as external drives.
You are right that the description says not compatible with Mac. However, I have the 512GB version of the ADATA SX8200 Pro that works perfectly on my Z390 Designare even though that model is also shown as being incompatible with Mac.

This statement is correct when considering a real Mac, but not so correct for Hackintosh.

Last edited:
The 15-port limit is per controller so your configuration is perfectly okay.

Additionally, if using OpenCore, we can exceed the 15-port limit by enabling XhciPortLimit in OpenCore Configurator --> Kernel. We've done this on the Z490 Vision D, where all ports are enabled, including HS08 and HS13 that provide USB 2 support over the two Thunderbolt ports.
As always, thanks for your expertise! By default, the USBMap and SSDT’s in the first post don’t map USB 3.1 gen2 on TB3 unless I’m mistaken.

Also noticed that each one of TB3 Hotplug SSDT’s have different numbers for Titan Ridge XHC. @jiffyslot file has XHC2, the original one here is XHC5 and your latest one (SSDT-MR-TR) is XHC3. I guess it’s cosmetic, however Hackintool shows all three available!?? A bug in Hackintool?

You are right that the description says not compatible with Mac. However, I have the 512GB version of the ADATA SX8200 Pro that works perfectly on my Z390 Designare even though that model is also shown as being incompatible with Mac.

This statement is correct when considering a real Mac, but it not so correct for Hackintosh.
Yes, the fact that yours was working helped me to decide to buy this brand, but unfortunately, the one I got didn't work. I wonder if it was my 2TB version that uniquely has this issue. I suppose it could have simply been a lemon. Anyway, I returned it and got the Addlink version. No hiccups with this one and it's basically the same speed and price.

As always, thanks for your expertise! By default, the USBMap and SSDT’s in the first post don’t map USB 3.1 gen2 on TB3 unless I’m mistaken.
The Thunderbolt SSDT in the build guide (not the USB SSDT) enables both SSP1 and SSP2. Have you tested both USB 3.1 Gen 1 and USB 3.1 Gen 2 devices and found that 3.1 Gen 2 speeds are not being achieved?
Also noticed that each one of TB3 Hotplug SSDT’s have different numbers for Titan Ridge XHC. @jiffyslot file has XHC2, the original one here is XHC5 and your latest one (SSDT-MR-TR) is XHC3. I guess it’s cosmetic, however Hackintool shows all three available!?? A bug in Hackintool?
The RHUB device name is cosmetic and yes Hackintool is showing extra controller names that we will have to ignore for now...

It's a X570 so there're no TB related options in BIOS. Also I applied the saved bios settings.
Looking at both of the IOReg files it seems there's no mention of the Thunderbolt controller. Some questions:
  • What is the make/model of your AMD X570 motherboard?
  • What is the make/model of your Thunderbolt card?
  • Which version of macOS are you running?
I have also encountered strange/inoperable Thunderbolt behavior with certain flashed cards on X570 boards. For example, flashing an ASRock Thunderbolt 3 AIC renders it inoperable on an ASRock X570.

The Thunderbolt SSDT in the build guide (not the USB SSDT) enables both SSP1 and SSP2. Have you tested both USB 3.1 Gen 1 and USB 3.1 Gen 2 devices and found that 3.1 Gen 2 speeds are not being achieved?

The RHUB device name is cosmetic and yes Hackintool is showing extra controller names that we will have to ignore for now...
With the original TB3 SSDT and the user built USBPorts.kext (macmini originally, I had to modify with iMacPro naming), one of the TB3 port doesn’t work with USB-C 3.1 gen 2 devices (Samsung T5, Cable Matters USC-C enclosure). Hence the need for me to add SSP1 and 2 in my kext.

I’ll try the SSDT instead and report back.

If you can boot, then it's not necessary to disable CFG-Lock. However, instructions for disabling CFG-Lock are provided in the Quick Reference spoiler at the top of Post #1.
No luck, I tried with 2 different manufacturer gpus. Reset cmos, set back everything within the bios from the guide

Well, SSP1 and 2 are working with USBInjectAll and SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-FD-DEFINE-R6-V3.aml.

So, it seems that with the USBPorts.kext kindly donated by @FormerUser-594785, SSP1 and 2 aren't correctly mapped.

Attached is modified USBPorts.kext with SSP1 and 2 mapped. Please note that I've enabled HS01 (for USB1.1/2 support on the USB-C front connector) and removed HS03 as I only plug USB 3.1 gen 2 device on this red rear port.

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 50
Back