Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Was this captured from an external SPI Flash ROM reader? If so, unfortunately it's completely different from Alpine/Titan Ridge...ouch! :(
Yes... :cry: That's why I'm trying to find an Apple version...

Just a quick report regarding some Wake-from-Sleep issues I recently encountered.

Specifically I started experiencing wake-issues while using the experimental Bluetooth fixup for the on-board CNVI card.
It kept waking up the PC with a USB User Activity Assertion, so originally I assumed it was to do with one of the other devices typically connected to internal USB headers.

After eliminating all of them as potential sources of issues (by removing them one-by-one and checking for sleep issues), the only thing left was the CNVI bluetooth card. I thus undid everything related to it and reinstated the Fenvi card. This fixed my issue and I now have perfect sleep behavior again.

I't s a bit strange that this occured in the first place since I had a known-good state with that CNVI card before, where sleep worked just fine. It was only after I had the board re-scan PCI devices (by removing the Fenvi card for another test) that this issue appeared.

Either way, I just figured I'd note this down here in the rare case that somebody else may be afflicted by this.

Yes... :cry: That's why I'm trying to find an Apple version...
If you have the Sierra or High Sierra MacOS installer, it may contain Falcon Ridge firmware.

Added to Contributed Files and Tips in Post #1:

View attachment 487018
Hi Casey,

Im having similar trouble with 3 monitors, but with a 5700 XT. I tried this fix but it doesn't seem to have the same result. Any suggestions on things I could tweak to make this work for my GPU?

Thanks!

Forgot to ask I’m dual booting windows 10 will I still have that option?
Well i had no success so far, i can boot to the opencore picker from the usb drive if i select windows 10 it boots ok, but Catalina i just get the white apple logo with no disk activity or messages. I did try using the xtreme versions of the ACPI .aml files after the initial version did not do anything but there is no change. i also did reset the nvram with no change

@CaseySJ
Thank you for your last answer to me.
One detail, is it possible on Open Core, on the home screen, to increase or even remove the waiting time to enter the system?

Can you please break this down as follows:
  • Time from pushing power button to Clover or OpenCore menu.
  • Time from Clover or OpenCore to macOS login screen.
Additional questions:
  • Are you using SATA SSD or PCIe NVMe SSD?
  • How full is the SSD? (Finder --> Select SSD Disk Icon --> Get Info)
  • Do you have any Thunderbolt devices connected?

• Time from pushing power button to Clover or OpenCore menu.
  • Time from Clover or OpenCore to macOS login screen.
    • Power on -> 40s BIOS (Splash screen disappears)
    • Bios -> Clover boot menu 64s
    • Clover -> Apple Logo 72s
    • Apple Logo -> Mojave login screen 22s
Additional questions:
  • Are you using SATA SSD or PCIe NVMe SSD?
    • SATA SSD
  • How full is the SSD? (Finder --> Select SSD Disk Icon --> Get Info)
    • Capacity 512GB, 90GB used
  • Do you have any Thunderbolt devices connected?
    • No

Well i had no success so far, i can boot to the opencore picker from the usb drive if i select windows 10 it boots ok, but Catalina i just get the white apple logo with no disk activity or messages. I did try using the xtreme versions of the ACPI .aml files after the initial version did not do anything but there is no change. i also did reset the nvram with no change
Is your CFG-Lock (MSR 0xE2) unlocked? That is a requirement for the OpenCore EFI. There are ways to bypass MSR 0xE2, but it's not recommended.

@CaseySJ
One detail, is it possible on Open Core, on the home screen, to increase or even remove the waiting time to enter the system?

Yes, just change the Timeout value to say 5, for 5 seconds. The default is 0 which just waits for you to make a selection.

@CaseySJ
Sure. Please experiment with OpenCore Configurator. There is even a Show Tips option from the Windows menu that provides an explanation of each parameter.
Screen Shot 2020-09-05 at 1.02.00 PM.png
If you enable Show Tips and hover the mouse over Timeout in the Misc --> Boot section, you'll see this:
Screen Shot 2020-09-05 at 1.04.08 PM.png

It would also be good to review the Self-Guided Tour of OpenCore that I did for the Z490 Vision D:

Back