Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

thx i will check the new bios out

thx i will check the new bios out
same problem with new beta bios, confirmed in BIOS cfg lock is off, just get apple logo no file progress disk i/o etc

This is the same problem that @Lukey1979 reported. All SSDTs need to check if the host O/S is MacOS by doing this:
Code:
if ( _OSI ("Darwin"))
{
  // do Mac stuff
}
If you're up to it, try making this change to all SSDTs. You may also compress and upload your ACPI folder.
Thank you so much for the solution! Problems solved.

same problem with new beta bios, confirmed in BIOS cfg lock is off, just get apple logo no file progress disk i/o etc
At the OpenCore Picker, press CMD-V to toggle Verbose mode, then select the disk icon for macOS and boot. Do you see an error message or does the boot log just freeze?

At the OpenCore Picker, press CMD-V to toggle Verbose mode, then select the disk icon for macOS and boot. Do you see an error message or does the boot log just freeze?
Looks like kernel trap page fault after 18 acpi tables successfully loaded

Looks like kernel trap page fault after 18 acpi tables successfully loaded
If you'd like to troubleshoot this, simply post a photo, but remove EXIF location info from photo.

I'm typing this reply from my primary Designare Z390 that contains Catalina, Big Sur, and Windows 10 -- while running Windows 10. OpenCore had no trouble at all booting Windows 10.

However, please see this post for how to install Windows 10:
The disk volume names (disk0s1, disk1s1, etc.) are fine. No worries there.
Hi Casey, thank you.

Yeah I did follow those exact instructions without deviation. I guess ill just use the BIOS boot option from now on. Thank you for all your help though. Do you think if I did a CMOS reset and then re-applied optimised defaults that it may have an impact or does the BIOS have no impact on how or where Windows is getting its drivers from.

I might update my BIOS Firmware too as I'm running F8, if I update my BIOS will I need to unlock MSR 0xE2 again or will I not need to do that with the updated BIOS F9g or F9h)

Back