Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Some questions/comments:
  • You said this card was working properly before, so some questions about that:
    • Which computer was it working in before?
    • Which operating system was it working in (Mojave or Catalina)?
    • What was the "Platform ID" of the computer it was working in? If that computer is still running, we can run Hackintool and the front page will tell us the Platform ID:View attachment 486308
  • On the new computer with Catalina, please post a screenshot of System Information --> PCI with the DeckLink card installed.
  • Also on the new computer, type the following in Terminal and post the output:
Code:
kextstat | grep -v apple
  • Which computer was it working in before? Designare Z390; i9 9900k;Radeon Rx 580
  • Which operating system was it working in (Mojave or Catalina)? Catalina 10.15.1
  • What was the "Platform ID" of the computer it was working in? If that computer is still running, we can run Hackintool and the front page will tell us the Platform ID:0x00000000

Attachments

• 10.15.6 System Informatio PCI with Decklink card installed.png
    10.15.6 System Informatio PCI with Decklink card installed.png
    295.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 10.15.6kextstat | grep -v apple.png
    10.15.6kextstat | grep -v apple.png
    189 KB · Views: 45
  • old 10.15.1.png
    old 10.15.1.png
    389.9 KB · Views: 52
I just tried this by connecting the Hackintosh to my Yamaha home theater receiver via AirPlay 2 and controlling the volume via keyboard volume keys while playing back a YouTube video. No issues...Catalina 10.15.6 with supplemental update booted via OpenCore 0.6.0.
i tested with another navegator(the problem appears with firefox, i tested with chrome and dont have more problem with volume keys..)
thx¡¡

USB C causes immeadite wake up.
HDMI sleeps and wakes as it meant to be. So enabling usb 2.0 on thunderbolt is our suspect?
Because sleep/wake works with monitor is connected via HDMI, it means that just enabling HS08 and HS13 does not impair sleep. Sleep still works. But if you connect a monitor to HS08 or HS13 (i.e. either of the Thunderbolt ports) then perhaps sleep breaks. So try connecting a different device to HS08/HS13, but keep monitor connected to on-board HDMI, and see if sleep/wake still functions.

• Which computer was it working in before? Designare Z390; i9 9900k;Radeon Rx 580
  • Which operating system was it working in (Mojave or Catalina)? Catalina 10.15.1
  • What was the "Platform ID" of the computer it was working in? If that computer is still running, we can run Hackintool and the front page will tell us the Platform ID:0x00000000
Have you seen any reports on the Black Magic website or elsewhere on the Internet about the DeckLink card failing under Catalina 10.15.6?

Because sleep/wake works with monitor is connected via HDMI, it means that just enabling HS08 and HS13 does not impair sleep. Sleep still works. But if you connect a monitor to HS08 or HS13 (i.e. either of the Thunderbolt ports) then perhaps sleep breaks. So try connecting a different device to HS08/HS13, but keep monitor connected to on-board HDMI, and see if sleep/wake still functions.
I tried with luna display usb c accessory and hdmi, both sleep with no issue. Why plugging a monitor to usb c prevents sleep? By the way with your default ssdt file usb c monitor did not prevent sleep.

Have you seen any reports on the Black Magic website or elsewhere on the Internet about the DeckLink card failing under Catalina 10.15.6?
No! I haven't seen!

Attachments

• Screenshot  system report.png
    Screenshot system report.png
    179.1 KB · Views: 54
I tried with luna display usb c accessory and hdmi, both sleep with no issue. Why plugging a monitor to usb c prevents sleep? By the way with your default ssdt file usb c monitor did not prevent sleep.
It sounds like this is not a critical problem because you have another working option. Please keep in mind that Hackintoshes are not perfect and it is not reasonable to expect them to be. We often find workarounds. But the state of the Hackintosh continues to improve. Over the last 3 years alone the state of the Hackintosh has improved significantly.

Some other suggestions:
  • Try moving the card to a different PCie slot.
  • Download and run IORegistryExplorer (see link in Post #1) and select File --> Save As..., then post that file.
The Black Magic driver is loading, but IOReg will tell us if the macOS kernel is seeing the DeckLink card.

There could be a hardware problem. The first suspect is memory. How many memory modules do you have? With 32GB you'll likely have either 4x8 or 2x16. Try removing half of the memory modules (any half) as follows:
  • Shutdown the system
  • Flip power switch on PSU to off
  • Then remove half of the memory sticks
Power the system back on and see if the crashes still occur. If they do, then:
  • Shutdown the system
  • Flip power switch on PSU to off
  • Install the previous memory modules back
  • Remove the other half of memory modules
Power the system back on and see if the crashes still occur.

I just finished switching the memory sticks like you said still freezing.
After rebooting I get this error please see pic Attached

Attachments

• 20200830_173345.jpg
    20200830_173345.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 42
Back