Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Notice just now when I try to stream something on Chrome it freezes and it locks.
When using safari just now it's working fine.

I just finished switching the memory sticks like you said still freezing.
After rebooting I get this error please see pic Attached
Okay, install all of the memory modules. Then download and run Memtest86 from here (do this in Windows if you can):
Just click the Download button. Then see Page 5 of the included PDF inside the ZIP:
  • Find a USB flash disk
  • Then follow the instructions below
  • This will create a self-booting USB flash disk that will test your memory
  • You can create this self-booting USB in macOS as well, but the procedure on Page 6 is more complicated than for Windows
  • Then insert the USB into the Hackintosh, reboot, and press F12 during BIOS Splash Screen
  • Choose the USB disk from the BIOS boot menu
  • Then follow on-screen instructions to test memory

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 2.48.06 PM.png

Notice just now when I try to stream something on Chrome it freezes and it locks.
When using safari just now it's working fine.
Okay, check to see if the crashes only occur with Google Chrome. If so, then of course there's no hardware problem.

It sounds like this is not a critical problem because you have another working option. Please keep in mind that Hackintoshes are not perfect and it is not reasonable to expect them to be. We often find workarounds. But the state of the Hackintosh continues to improve. Over the last 3 years alone the state of the Hackintosh has improved significantly.

Yes it is not a big deal. I just wanted to understand why your default ssdt lets system to sleep and the modified one prevents it. Maybe talking on it could enlighten some other thing that we could face one day. Without activating HS08 and HS13 there is nothing to be recognized. But if we activate them hackintool recognizes usb C connection as "Billboard device". While i typing these, i tried USB-C to Displayport cable instead of USB-C to HDMI 2.0 and voila! Hackintool does not recognize it as "Billboard device" just as a green line and sleep works too! I'm just testing and telling results to you. You are the professional who solves problems of amateurs. So maybe this info maybe help you one day :)

Yes it is not a big deal. I just wanted to understand why your default ssdt lets system to sleep and the modified one prevents it. Maybe talking on it could enlighten some other thing that we could face one day. Without activating HS08 and HS13 there is nothing to be recognized. But if we activate them hackintool recognizes usb C connection as "Billboard device". While i typing these, i tried USB-C to Displayport cable instead of USB-C to HDMI 2.0 and voila! Hackintool does not recognize it as "Billboard device" just as a green line and sleep works too! I'm just testing and telling results to you. You are the professional who solves problems of amateurs. So maybe this info maybe help you one day :)
Understood. It’s good to have a list of things that work and things that don’t work. Can you post a link to the USB-C to HDMI 2 cable that you have?

Okay, check to see if the crashes only occur with Google Chrome. If so, then of course there's no hardware problem.
i Did the memtest earlier today no errors .
Safari is good ,Chrome, i did a search about freezing and locking up osx catalina they suggested to disable Hardware Acceleration in Chrome Setting.
So far is streaming with no problem.
Thank you for your help.

i Did the memtest earlier today no errors .
Safari is good ,Chrome, i did a search about freezing and locking up osx catalina they suggested to disable Hardware Acceleration in Chrome Setting.
So far is streaming with no problem.
Thank you for your help.
Glad you found the solution.

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 3.05.28 PM.png

Understood. It’s good to have a list of things that work and things that don’t work. Can you post a link to the USB-C to HDMI 2 cable that you have?

It's from a local company and i don't think they sell worldwide.

But on this page there is English info too.

the one I flashed was dsms update posted in june or july this year...is that different?
I really wouldn’t know for sure which one.. chances are though that in June / July it would be the Elias64 version from here.

Back