[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Thank you man. You're a lifesaver.

Please try the following:
  • Enable the checkbox for XhciPortLimit as shown:View attachment 486305
  • Then use the attached modified SSDT that enables:
    • HS08 (USB 2.0 on Thunderbolt Port 1)
    • HS13 (USB 2.0 on Thunderbolt Port 2)
    • HS14 (Intel Bluetooth)
By enabling "XhciPortLimit" we can exceed the 15 port limit, so the attached SSDT does not actually disable any ports. It just adds 3 more ports.

But please test this first.

Because the name of the SSDT is different, uncheck the existing one (SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7.aml) and then add the new one to the OC/ACPI folder and also to OpenCore Configurator --> ACPI.

What do you mean by "But please test this first" ? I enabled the checkbox "XhciPortLimit" but what should i test?
I rebooted-reset NVRAM and boot. Now can i change the old SSDT with the new one?

EDIT: After i change the old ssdt with the new one sleep is broken again. I don't get it. Bluetooth waking is disabled on preferences pane. Energy saving settings are all unchecked except "put harddisks to sleep when possible". I'm using SSDT-GPRW.aml with patch. I don't get why enabling HS08, HS13 and HS14 breaks sleep.

EDIT2:
1- If display connected with USBC to HDMI 2.0 cable; system immediately wakes up just after going sleep. Fans stop and start immediately.
2- If display connected with a regular HDMI cable over HDMI 1.4 port, system sleeps like a baby but when waking up display does not turn on. Sometimes plugging HDMI cable out and in works, sometimes i need to plug USB-C Cable to get video signal, sometimes system becomes unresponsive.

Last edited:
Glad it was some help to you although all credit goes solely to the Casey and the other clever folks who put together that SSDT.

I reckon it is still worth flashing your card with the Elias64 NVM23 even if you don’t want to go for the Designare NVM33. After all DSM2 himself started sharing and posting the Elias version as an ‘updated’ release of his original so obviously recognised there were improvements.
the one I flashed was dsms update posted in june or july this year...is that different?

On my unflashed system, Thunderbolt devices show up under System Report<Hardware<PCIView attachment 486260
If you've added the newer Thunderbolt ACPI patches, be sure you "turn them on" in your config file, even if you're only trying the Thunderbolt patches out one at a time:
Thanks,

I’m on Clover BTW and will use your SSDT (guess it’s almost the same as the new ones CaseySJ posted, SSDT-MR-TR I guess).

Patrice

**Quantum2626 arrival is delayed, supposed to be in Canada at end of September.

Hello.
New installation fallowing the opencore 6.0 method for the gigabyte designare z390.
install was perfect. but i am getting ramdom freezes.
any suggestions?

I have been using these for years and years, these Logitech mice. They work really well, indeed even if you're in your BIOS.
The receiver is plugged into my Apple USB keyboard right(well, left) next to my mouse, and it always works.
The latest version will run for weeks before needing a recharge, and even when charging it will work(but you have the cable attached)
Have you considered a nice new lovely shiny Logitech wireless mouse with one of those Unifying receivers? :) Apple's Magic Mouse and Keyboard are nice on real Macs, but probably not worth the problems and hassles on Hackintosh. The Logitech Unifying wireless mice and keyboards work wonderfully in Mac, Windows, Linux and have no problem operating in BIOS, in OpenCore, in Clover. They have no problem with sleep and wake either.

hmm, so is it worth it then to try switching Fenvi to another PCI slot as someone else suggested? Just don't see how Magic devices would affect AirPods/audio dropouts as well? Wasn't aware of them not playing nice with Hackintosh though... wish I'd known before treating myself to a Magic keyboard as well :cry:

What do you mean by "But please test this first" ? I enabled the checkbox "XhciPortLimit" but what should i test?
I rebooted-reset NVRAM and boot. Now can i change the old SSDT with the new one?

EDIT: After i change the old ssdt with the new one sleep is broken again. I don't get it. Bluetooth waking is disabled on preferences pane. Energy saving settings are all unchecked except "put harddisks to sleep when possible". I'm using SSDT-GPRW.aml with patch. I don't get why enabling HS08, HS13 and HS14 breaks sleep.

EDIT2:
1- If display connected with USBC to HDMI 2.0 cable; system immediately wakes up just after going sleep. Fans stop and start immediately.
2- If display connected with a regular HDMI cable over HDMI 1.4 port, system sleeps like a baby but when waking up display does not turn on. Sometimes plugging HDMI cable out and in works, sometimes i need to plug USB-C Cable to get video signal, sometimes system becomes unresponsive.
Try adding igfxonln=1 to Boot Arguments and perform a Reset CMOS at the OpenCore Picker to ensure that new boot arguments are used. Then test both USB-C to HDMI and HDMI to HDMI.

I have not had any issues with Apple Magic Mouse 2/Keyboard 2 that wouldn't happen on a real iMac (and they happen as rare on my Hackintosh as they did on my iMac). Switching OS though can require having to reconnect bluetooth, but I have a Logitech Keyboard+Mouse combo device for that.

That being said, they are the only 2 Bluetooth devices that connect to my build, and I do not have AirPods. The keyboard is wired in at all times since a short USB-C to Lightning cable goes well with my UltraFine 5K. The mouse does not seem to cause sleep issues with my machine. Another USB-C to Lightning cable Is left connected from my monitor when I need to charge the mouse.

My Fenvi is in the bottom PCI X1 slot and on HS12 which is marked as internal, as is HS11.

Try adding igfxonln=1 to Boot Arguments and perform a Reset CMOS at the OpenCore Picker to ensure that new boot arguments are used. Then test both USB-C to HDMI and HDMI to HDMI.

I realized that HS13 recognized as "internal" instead of "USB 3.0" in hackintool (Screenshot). Can this be the cause of this strange situation?

Attachments

• Ekran Resmi 2020-08-30 21.54.07.png
    Ekran Resmi 2020-08-30 21.54.07.png
    261 KB · Views: 61
I realized that HS13 recognized as "internal" instead of "USB 3.0" in hackintool (Screenshot). Can this be the cause of this strange situation?
Oh yes, HS08 and HS13 should be set to 0x09 (USB-C). This has been done in attached SSDT.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-TB3-INTEL-BT.aml
    963 bytes · Views: 65
Back