Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

No, this is my 4th hackintosh, CPU i9 9900k with Designare Z390 F9b (CFG unlock), Radeon RX 580. I ejected and reconnect it and now it‘s ok! Thanks
Hi CaseySJ
after upgraded at 15.6 another issue with my DeckLink Mini Monitor Blackmagic 4K via PCI, it was working properly. I use this with Davinci Resolve for editing or FCPX and now the second monitor is completely black, no signal. Second monitor is ok, maybe after the upgrade from F5 to F9b I have to change something in the bios, or it is enaugh unplug and plug PCIe card? Any suggestion?
No, this is my 4th hackintosh, CPU i9 9900k with Designare Z390 F9b (CFG unlock), Radeon RX 580. I ejected and reconnect it and now it‘s ok! Thanks

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0723.jpg
    IMG_0723.jpg
    836.4 KB · Views: 65
  • Setup upgraded.png
    Setup upgraded.png
    275.7 KB · Views: 77
Hi @CaseySJ. I was using my own usbports.kext but even if i supposed that im doing right, there must be a problem. I reverted back to your ssdt files and broken sleep works well now. So may i have request? Would you be so kind and prepare a modified version of your usb ssdt for me?

There are just three things to be changed.
1- I want to be able to connect usb 2.0 devices to thunderbolt 3 port. Because im using Luna Display adapter. It does not work without usb 2.0.
2- I need HS14 for intel bluetooth
3- I don't need any other USB 2.0 ports except being able to connect to thunderbolt 3 port, so you can disable that needs to be disabled. I don't need the case front USB C too. Because my case has usb C on front but it has a USB 3.0 header (which is silly i know).

Looking for your help. Thanks in advance.

Hi CaseySJ
after upgraded at 15.6 another issue with my DeckLink Mini Monitor Blackmagic 4K via PCI, it was working properly. I use this with Davinci Resolve for editing or FCPX and now the second monitor is completely black, no signal. Second monitor is ok, maybe after the upgrade from F5 to F9b I have to change something in the bios, or it is enaugh unplug and plug PCIe card? Any suggestion?
Don't you need a special driver for these cards? Is it loaded? Do you have the right driver version for 10.15.6? Check the BM site.

Don't you need a special driver for these cards? Is it loaded? Do you have the right driver version for 10.15.6? Check the BM site.
yes, the driver upgrade has done directly from BM by web

Hi @CaseySJ. I was using my own usbports.kext but even if i supposed that im doing right, there must be a problem. I reverted back to your ssdt files and broken sleep works well now. So may i have request? Would you be so kind and prepare a modified version of your usb ssdt for me?

There are just three things to be changed.
1- I want to be able to connect usb 2.0 devices to thunderbolt 3 port. Because im using Luna Display adapter. It does not work without usb 2.0.
2- I need HS14 for intel bluetooth
3- I don't need any other USB 2.0 ports except being able to connect to thunderbolt 3 port, so you can disable that needs to be disabled. I don't need the case front USB C too. Because my case has usb C on front but it has a USB 3.0 header (which is silly i know).

Looking for your help. Thanks in advance.
Please try the following:
  • Enable the checkbox for XhciPortLimit as shown:
    Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 8.41.32 AM.png
  • Then use the attached modified SSDT that enables:
    • HS08 (USB 2.0 on Thunderbolt Port 1)
    • HS13 (USB 2.0 on Thunderbolt Port 2)
    • HS14 (Intel Bluetooth)
By enabling "XhciPortLimit" we can exceed the 15 port limit, so the attached SSDT does not actually disable any ports. It just adds 3 more ports.

But please test this first.

Because the name of the SSDT is different, uncheck the existing one (SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7.aml) and then add the new one to the OC/ACPI folder and also to OpenCore Configurator --> ACPI.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-TB3-INTEL-BT.aml
    963 bytes · Views: 63
** OFFICIAL: OpenCore 0.6.0 EFI for Z390 Designare **
Please do not quote this post in its entirely. Use a link instead.
Compatible with Catalina and Mojave
** Now compatible with both AMD GPU and Intel iGPU **

Hi @CaseySJ, I (partially) successfully converted to OpenCore from Clover [the original post] using this EFI. But now my Ethernet is not working. Only en1 is showing in System Report, no en0.

Do you know any solution?

Thanks in advance.

yes, the driver upgrade has done directly from BM by web
Some questions/comments:
  • You said this card was working properly before, so some questions about that:
    • Which computer was it working in before?
    • Which operating system was it working in (Mojave or Catalina)?
    • What was the "Platform ID" of the computer it was working in? If that computer is still running, we can run Hackintool and the front page will tell us the Platform ID:
      Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 8.48.57 AM.png
  • On the new computer with Catalina, please post a screenshot of System Information --> PCI with the DeckLink card installed.
  • Also on the new computer, type the following in Terminal and post the output:
Code:
kextstat | grep -v apple

Hi @CaseySJ, I (partially) successfully converted to OpenCore from Clover [the original post] using this EFI. But now my Ethernet is not working. Only en1 is showing in System Report, no en0.

Do you know any solution?

Thanks in advance.
Some comments:
  • When we move from Clover to OpenCore on Mojave, we must also delete all Hackintosh kexts from /Library/Extensions and run Kext Utility(only in Mojave) to rebuild the kernel cache.
  • Please post a screenshot of System Information --> Ethernet Cards

I've added this section to the OpenCore 0.6.0 mini-guide:

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 9.00.31 AM.png

Last edited:
When we move from Clover to OpenCore on Mojave, we must also delete all Hackintosh kexts from /Library/Extensions and run Kext Utility(only in Mojave) to rebuild the kernel cache.

Yes I already did that as per your instructions.

Screenshot attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 11.57.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 11.57.11 PM.png
    188.7 KB · Views: 46
Yes I already did that as per your instructions.

Screenshot attached.
Some folks reported a similar problem. It was fixed by replacing IntelMausiEthernet.kext with IntelMausi.kext (attached). Please uncheck the old one in OpenCore Configurator --> Kernel, and add the new one to both the OC/Kexts folder and to OpenCore Configurator --> Kernel.

Attachments

• IntelMausi.kext.zip
    57.4 KB · Views: 59
Back