Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Thank you for replying as always. I tried resetting the bluetooth module but it didn't seem to fix the issue. Noticing even my Magic Mouse lags really badly when moving across the screen. Resetting NVRAM seems to fix the issue but it returns after a few minutes.
Have you considered a nice new lovely shiny Logitech wireless mouse with one of those Unifying receivers? :) Apple's Magic Mouse and Keyboard are nice on real Macs, but probably not worth the problems and hassles on Hackintosh. The Logitech Unifying wireless mice and keyboards work wonderfully in Mac, Windows, Linux and have no problem operating in BIOS, in OpenCore, in Clover. They have no problem with sleep and wake either.

Last edited:

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.7 KB · Views: 57
I had the prohibited sign(gray circle with diagonal line) on cold booting for 2 consecutive days(I turn my computer off overnight).
Easily fixed by reloading the optimised bios settings/rebooting/loading the actual BIOS settings for my system.
At some point, I saw there were no bootable devices listed in the BIOS.
What could be the cause of this? Never had booting problems before.
Backup battery close to empty?
If this happens again (i.e. Prohibited Sign), enable verbose from Clover boot menu and try again. It may be necessary to clear NVRAM (F11 at Clover boot menu) before enabling Verbose by pressing spacebar.

Sorry to bother about the TB3 again… i have it working on macOS Catalina thanks to CaseySJ and all the others here that made this possible.
Next... is there also a way of getting it work also in Windows? After the flashed winbold chip it worked in macOS but not anmore in Windows, does anybody know which driver i have to use?
Generally it should work in Windows if we boot into macOS first, then warm boot into Windows.

Thanks CaseySJ, I upgraded to 10.15.6 and this worked very good for me. Only one issue on thunderbolt, if I eject my netstor NA622TB3 I can’t reload it, have to restart the computer to see it again, any suggestions?
Glad to hear it.

Is this your first Hackintosh?

Was the NetStor NS622TB3 working properly (i.e. you could eject and reconnect it) on a Designare Z390 or other Hackintosh?

Have you considered a nice new lovely shiny Logitech wireless mouse with one of those Unifying receivers? :) Apple's Magic Mouse and Keyboard are nice on real Macs, but probably not worth the problems and hassles on Hackintosh. The Logitech Unifying wireless mice and keyboard work wonderfully in Mac, Windows, Linux and have no problem operating in BIOS, in OpenCore, in Clover. They have no problem with sleep and wake either.

I have been using these for years and years, these Logitech mice. They work really well, indeed even if you're in your BIOS.
The receiver is plugged into my Apple USB keyboard right(well, left) next to my mouse, and it always works.
The latest version will run for weeks before needing a recharge, and even when charging it will work(but you have the cable attached)

If this happens again (i.e. Prohibited Sign), enable verbose from Clover boot menu and try again. It may be necessary to clear NVRAM (F11 at Clover boot menu) before enabling Verbose by pressing spacebar.

Will do. For now, I have wiped BIOS f9b and upgraded to f9g. No issues (yet). How can I tell the CFG thingy is unlocked in the BIOS?

Glad to hear it.

Is this your first Hackintosh?

Was the NetStor NS622TB3 working properly (i.e. you could eject and reconnect it) on a Designare Z390 or other Hackintosh?
No, this is my 4th hackintosh, CPU i9 9900k with Designare Z390 F9b (CFG unlock), Radeon RX 580. I ejected and reconnect it and now it‘s ok! Thanks

Hello.
New installation fallowing the opencore 6.0 method for the gigabyte designare z390.
install was perfect. but i am getting ramdom freezes.
any suggestions?

Hello !
I’m having a very strange issue since I restarted my hackintosh, and it is happening on both my clone backup drive and my main drive...
I could boot once in my clone backup drive but now it doesn’t work anymore, I’m trying all the partitions and the same error happens.
I just updated the bios to F9g and I’m also considering to switch from Clover to OpenCore, is that a good idea to try it ? I could do a fresh install and then use my time machine backup to get my system back ?

EDIT :

Wow, F9g fixed it it seems, could it be this cfg lock the problem ? I had native nvram working before.
Anyway, if I still want to change from clover to opencore in Catalina what is the best way ?

Attachments

• 99887073-5C2D-4D90-94EA-06623C2918E3.jpeg
    99887073-5C2D-4D90-94EA-06623C2918E3.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 45
Back