Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I've created the SSDT for your system (attached), but to use it we need to do the following:
  • What hot patches are you using? Have you have already created an ACPI rename for RP09._INI()?
  • It seems that your Thunderbolt hot plug GPE is _L6F. We'll need to rename existing _L6F to XL6F.
To help you with this, please post a screenshot of your OpenCore config.plist --> ACPI --> Patch page in OpenCore Configurator.

Thank you! Sure thing.

So I wouldn't need the SSDT-Z390-TB3HP anymore? (attached)

UPD: Tried booting with the SSDT you provided and without SSDT-Z390-TB3HP, Thunderbolt works on boot, but no hotplug
Screenshot 2020-08-08 at 09.03.05.png

Attachments

• SSDT-Z390-TB3HP.aml
    5.7 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
These are the BIOS versions:
  • The Test Bench is running F9g (beta BIOS)
  • The Primary System is running F8
Hello Casey
Will you test again with the same BIOS version on both of them?

Uh. No. It's at least 35 celsius/95 F in my room, so my brain is shutting down slowly.

90F now, I can still think. I just checked the serials in OC, and sure enough, they differ from the ones in Clover.
I checked, the values in Hackintool/System/Serial that I used are off. The ones in Hackintool/System/System are the same as in Clover, and probably right.

I will adapt these before I forget what I did.

90F now, I can still think. I just checked the serials in OC, and sure enough, they differ from the ones in Clover.
I checked, the values in Hackintool/System/Serial that I used are off. The ones in Hackintool/System/System are the same as in Clover, and probably right.

I will adapt these before I forget what I did.
You know where to go!
Screenshot 2020-08-08 at 18.18.21.png

I’ve got an observation to add. Using the Radeon VII in slot 1, BIG performance gain in Premiere Pro and Resolve. However, I just got done with render hell in Resolve where Panasonic GH5 10-bit 4K DCI was causing Resolve to crash during render. I tried every setting and workaround I could find on the internet but in the end removing the Radeonboost kext and SSDT solves it.
I am of course going to put them back now :) but if anyone else has this issue that was the solution.

** Micro-Guide: Radeon Speed Boost **
for Vega 56/64, Radeon VII, RX 5500/XT, RX 5700/XT

Thank you! Sure thing.

So I wouldn't need the SSDT-Z390-TB3HP anymore? (attached)

UPD: Tried booting with the SSDT you provided and without SSDT-Z390-TB3HP, Thunderbolt works on boot, but no hotplug
View attachment 483296
Several comments:
  • The DSDT you provided earlier already has RP09._INI changed to RP09.XINI. This is a good thing, but where is this change being done?
    Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 9.49.38 AM.png
  • The highlighted item in the screenshot below changes all _INI methods to XINI, so this particular rename should not be used.
  • But in the DSDT only the _INI method of RP09 has been changed to XINI, which is exactly what we want. Is there another ACPI rename that is doing this?
  • Your existing Thunderbolt SSDT is not needed when using the SSDT in my previous reply. Only one of these SSDTs can be used at a time, so in the OpenCore config.plist, simply disable the previous one.
  • After disabling (a) the previous SSDT and (b) the ACPI rename highlighted item below, reboot the system (but keep the SSDT from my previous post).
    Screenshot 2020-08-08 at 09.03.05.png

• Then please do the following:
    • Run IORegistryExplorer and grab a screenshot of the RP09 region. If you use the search box in IORegistryExplorer, be sure to click the "x" on the right side of that box after the search is done.
    • Also post a screenshot of System Information --> Thunderbolt.

I'm back, @CaseySJ My iGPU does not seem to be working properly. If I set it in BIOS to "Enabled", I get a panic on boot. If I set to "Auto" Catalina will boot but IORegistryExplorer doesn't show the Intel GPU at all, only GFX0 (Vega64). I tried with and without -disablegfxfirmware in boot arguments, same behavior. I do have shikigva=80 set, not =16, per the WEG Chart, to enable DRM playback in Safari.

In Hackintool (v3.4.4), Intel Generation is showing "???" which seems odd to me. Also, Platform ID is showing "0x000000000". Not sure if that is an issue. There is a GFX0 section, for the Vega64, but nothing for iGPU. I've included a couple snips from Hackintool below (avoiding serial number/UUID, System ID, etc.)

From Clover -> Devices -> Properties:
1596908444376.png

From Hackintool:
1596908685446.png
1596908717802.png

Thoughts on how to make it so I can "Enable" the iGPU in BIOS and have it working in Catalina?

I'm back, @CaseySJ My iGPU does not seem to be working properly. If I set it in BIOS to "Enabled", I get a panic on boot. If I set to "Auto" Catalina will boot but IORegistryExplorer doesn't show the Intel GPU at all, only GFX0 (Vega64). I tried with and without -disablegfxfirmware in boot arguments, same behavior. I do have shikigva=80 set, not =16, per the WEG Chart, to enable DRM playback in Safari.

In Hackintool (v3.4.4), Intel Generation is showing "???" which seems odd to me. Also, Platform ID is showing "0x000000000". Not sure if that is an issue. There is a GFX0 section, for the Vega64, but nothing for iGPU. I've included a couple snips from Hackintool below (avoiding serial number/UUID, System ID, etc.)

From Clover -> Devices -> Properties:
View attachment 483353

From Hackintool:
View attachment 483355
View attachment 483356

Thoughts on how to make it so I can "Enable" the iGPU in BIOS and have it working in Catalina?
If you have relatively recent versions of Clover, Lilu and WhateverGreen, then try deleting 0x0 from the red box. Everything else in the screenshot looks file so if this alone doesn't work, then we'll try something else.
  • Are you running Mojave?
  • Do you have Hackintosh kexts installed in /Library/Extensions?
  • If so, are they relatively recent versions?

1596908444376.png

If you have relatively recent versions of Clover, Lilu and WhateverGreen, then try deleting 0x0 from the red box. Everything else in the screenshot looks file so if this alone doesn't work, then we'll try something else.
  • Are you running Mojave?
  • Do you have Hackintosh kexts installed in /Library/Extensions?
  • If so, are they relatively recent versions?

Clover is v5120, Lilu v1.4.6, WEG v1.4.1
Deleted 0x0 from the IntelGFX box, no change in behavior
Running Catalina, upgraded from Mojave yesterday following the mini-guide here.
I don't have any Hackintosh kexts in /L*/E*, having removed them following the Catalina mini-guide:
1596909931958.png

Side note: Sidecar only shows a black screen when connected to my iPad Pro. Not sure if related.

EDIT to add: Here are the contents of /EFI if that helps:

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 2.12.10 PM.png

Last edited:
Back