Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ @NCMacGuy
Hello friends, I will divide this into 2 posts ... One for a question, and one for a victory and share it!
In this one I need to ask you why the video proc application does not show me hardware acceleration, it only tells me N / A. I have a 4GB Radeon RX570 msi, and I notice that it works fine in premiere and video editing!
AMD GPUs aren't supported by video proc

I've installed Catalina following the CaseySJ's OpenCore 0.6.0 guide. Thank you, CaseySJ! I'm trying to find a flag to switch the verbose mode off. In my previous version of opencore EFI config.plist there's '-v' in argument boot line but I don't seem to find it in Casey's version of config.plist. Could you guys give me idea where it is? Thank you!
P.S.
Kinda figured it out... cleaning the NVRAM cache from previous build took care of this.

Last edited:
Hi @CaseySJ I had previously been using your OC 5.9 folder without issue, today I tried your 6.0 but I'm getting the below error and I can't figure it out :(

The only thing I have modified from your uploaded 6.0 folder is platform info(replacing with my 5.9 platform info)

I've been googling and I have tried changing:

RebuildAppleMemoryMap switch it OFF

SetupVirtualMap switch it ON

but that hasn't helped, any ideas? I don't understand the error message

DC6B6483-1462-4B41-A16F-41583A8AF83B_1_105_c.jpeg

I've installed Catalina following the CaseySJ's OpenCore 0.6.0 guide. Thank you, CaseySJ! I'm trying to find a flag to switch the verbose mode off. In my previous version of opencore EFI config.plist there's '-v' in argument boot line but I don't seem to find it in Casey's version of config.plist. Could you guys give me idea where it is? Thank you!
P.S.
Kinda figured it out... cleaning the NVRAM cache.
delete -v from there
Screenshot 2020-08-09 at 09.30.21.png

Hello!

macOS 10.15.6 with OC 0.6.0 my Hacki freeze and sometimes it becomes not usable at all, I have to restart the PC from "restart" button to be able controlling it again.
I don't noticed this problem with Big Sur Public Beta.

I've tried all BIOS configurations possible. (Okay I lie a little bit.)
Returned back to a new OC 0.5.9, and its okay for the moment (deleted my last OC 0.5.9 EFI by error...)

Catalina is on NVMe
Big Sur on USB HDD

The Hackin freeze specially when ill make a task (even little task) that asks GPU to intervene very quickly.
Example:
open and close quickly Brackets.app (coding app)
Open a browser tab with YouTube video, autoload option on

For the Brackets. app freeze I've to wait something like 15 seconds to get the os back
with the YouTube autoload the Hacki will freeze and never come back, or will but with freezes every 1 or 2 seconds

My CPU is without iGPU, should I change something in config.plist specially for that?

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I wanted to test Big Sur on my hack (I have been running the developer beta on my MacBook and have loved it) but was still on Clover.

Part 1: The first part - Clover to OpenCore
Thanks to @CaseySJ for his meticulous mini-guide and the the others on this thread, I was up and going on OpenCore in 5 minutes. It honestly took my longer to figure out what was on the usb stick than to make the move from Clove

Part2: The second one - Big Sur install
No drama. The public beta installer ran and rebooted multiple times just like on my other Macs. In less the 40 minutes it was done.

Part3: The third thing - the fall out!
After one day of testing the only issue I have are:
  • Protected web content (Netflix, etc.) will not play in Safari, but will play in Chrome (same as Catalina)
  • Protected Apple video content (movies, TV shows) will not play and gives the HDCP error (screenshoot below)
    • This is the case with the shikigva=80 setting the @CaseySJ and the shikigva=16 setting (which fixed the issue for me on Catalina)
Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 6.42.18 AM.png
All in all an excellent result. The system is stable enough to use as my primary computer and I have a reason to keep experimenting.

@CaseySJ @NCMacGuy
And for this part, with all due respect, I share the video of the thunderbolt connection with a GC Titan Ridge Flashed Thunderbolt 3, on a mac with target disk mode

Wonderful! 9 GB file transfer from the MacBook Pro to Hackintosh in less than 1 minute with Target Disk Mode.

Back