Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

You didn't mention which Broadcom WiFi/BT hardware and macOS version you are using. Do you have a Fenvi FV-T919 or something else? Do you have any broadcom patches or kexts like AirportBrcmFixup installed?

Your System Report > WiFi does not show "Auto Unlock: Supported", which could indicate missing support for the Apple Watch unlocking feature.
EDIT: Apple Support page How to unlock your Mac with your Apple Watch confirms this, see spoiler

I also see other small differences that indicate you have different Broadcom hardware. See screenshot below of my WiFi settings (Fenvi FV-T919 on macOS 10.15.4) highlighting differences compared to your screenshot.

I'm just noticing the differences, which hopefully help you in the right direction.
View attachment 463408

Regarding Sidecar not working:
Could be related to your WiFi, but you may try setting shikigva=80 in your Clover Configurator > Boot arguments. This has solved SideCar issues for some.
CaseyJ, confirmed location services:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 12.23.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 12.23.15 PM.png
    715.1 KB · Views: 77
You didn't mention which Broadcom WiFi/BT hardware and macOS version you are using. Do you have a Fenvi FV-T919 or something else? Do you have any broadcom patches or kexts like AirportBrcmFixup installed?

Your System Report > WiFi does not show "Auto Unlock: Supported", which could indicate missing support for the Apple Watch unlocking feature.
EDIT: Apple Support page How to unlock your Mac with your Apple Watch confirms this, see spoiler

I also see other small differences that indicate you have different Broadcom hardware. See screenshot below of my WiFi settings (Fenvi FV-T919 on macOS 10.15.4) highlighting differences compared to your screenshot.

I'm just noticing the differences, which hopefully help you in the right direction.
View attachment 463408

Regarding Sidecar not working:
Could be related to your WiFi, but you may try setting shikigva=80 in your Clover Configurator > Boot arguments. This has solved SideCar issues for some.
iRamon, all good questions! The easy one is Catalina 10.15.4 (19E287). I purchased the hardware using links from Mojave golden build about a year ago. The WiFi+bluetooth card does not look like what is the amazon description below, which is one of the reasons (along with the differences you point out) that I suspect I have the wrong hardware.

Running the Bluetooth Kexts from this thread.

WiFi+bluetooth:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F74Z2PZ/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Adpater:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076KBBFV4/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

I'm currently using shikigva=16 I'll try shikigva=80 and report back

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 1.06.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 1.06.38 PM.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:
Is your GoFlex adapter the original (TB1) model or is it a later version? I have the original version, and it shows up as vendor 0x16 and device 0x2000 whereas yours is device 0x1000. I bought an Alpine Ridge AIC for TB1 compatibility, but if you are getting TB1 compatibility with your Titan Ridge AIC it's good to know!
Thanks.

iRamon, all good questions! The easy one is Catalina 10.15.4 (19E287). I purchased the hardware using links from Mojave golden build about a year ago. The WiFi+bluetooth card does not look like what is the amazon description below, which is one of the reasons (along with the differences you point out) that I suspect I have the wrong hardware.

WiFi+bluetooth:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F74Z2PZ/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Adpater:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076KBBFV4/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

I'm currently using shikigva=16 I'll try shikigva=80 and report back
Same results with shikigva=80

You know, I just always assumed it was TB1 because I bought it back with my old 2011-17inch MBP which is TB1. I still have that tank btw, it works flawlessly! The model I have is SRD0001. This thing has always worked with my gc-titan ridge card even before flashing-bootable. Hot swap capable thanks to @CaseySJ- again, before flashing.

Same results with shikigva=80
Are you using SMBIOS iMac19,1?

The Amazon link to your WiFi/BT card does not seem quite right -- the link shows a mini-PCIe to M.2 adapter instead of the actual Broadcom WiFi/BT card.

Are you using SMBIOS iMac19,1?
Correct. I actually started from scratch and used your clean Catalina install mini guide thinking maybe the issue was with my original Mojave to Catalina build.

Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 2.14.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 2.15.38 PM.png

Thanks, CaseySJ. Here are the screenshots you requested:

Attachments

• System Report.jpg
    System Report.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 59
  • Card 1.jpg
    Card 1.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Card 2.jpg
    Card 2.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 62
So I seemed to have completely lost dual monitor support since flashing to modified NVM50. 4K monitor will only work if 2nd HD-HDMI monitor is unplugged, and vice-versa. I'm running the latest WEG and LILU and this was working although somewhat deprecated using modified NVM23.

With unmodified firmware- could run 2 monitors over thunderbolt via TS3 dock.
With modified NVM23- Had to move HDMI monitor directly to GPU.
With modified NVM50- Only 1 monitor will run at a time.

EDIT:
I have restored dual monitor support by changing "boot support" to "boot once" in the bios thunderbolt settings. Both monitors are back running off TS3 Plus dock, but I have now lost boot screens. I have clover boot after 5 secs so not a problem for now, but I worry about performing updates and selecting the right boot drive.

Last edited:
Back