Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

That is a different issue; not related to Clover boot loader.

The direction now is to install all kexts only into CLOVER/kexts/Other.

You can compare the old and the new Clover folders. The significant change I made is to re-enable KernelPM and AppleIntelCPUPM. Your MSR 0xE2 register is locked, so these checkboxes must be enabled.
in my old ACPI/Patched folder, SSDT-Z390-Designare-Rx580-V2.aml file was there. In the new One its not there..Do i need to copy it?

in my old ACPI/Patched folder, SSDT-Z390-Designare-Rx580-V2.aml file was there. In the new One its not there..Do i need to copy it?
That SSDT is not needed anymore.

Yes, all future kexts only go to CLOVER/kexts/Other.

Lags and "minifreezes" mouse in Mojave GUI.

Hi, all the hardware of my hackintosh is recognized by the system perfectly, everything works perfectly except that many times and randomly the mouse pointer starts to have freezes and latency. They are microseconds, but very annoying.

This problem has been tested with a wired mouse and bluetooh trackpad. In both cases the problem happens.

The characteristics of my hackintosh are as follows:

- SMbios iMacPro 1,1
- Mojave 10.14.6
- Intel Core i9-9900K
- Motherboard Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Rea 1.1 & Bios V.F8) --> Only Enabled PCIex x16 GPU Radeon.
- GPU AMD Radeon RX 580
- 2x Corsair 16GB - 3200 MHz
- Corsair 850W PSU

If more data is needed, I can provide what they consider ...

Thank you very much for your help.

Please see this post:
I've modified the Designare Z390 ThunderboltDROM Micro-Guide as follows:

View attachment 460191
@dgsga--depending on what motherboard you have, this patch may not work. I have a Z390 Aorus Pro, and I had to open my DSDT and edit out 4 instances of GPE.TINI

After flashing, Thunderbolt may not work fully under Windows. It may be necessary to boot to macOS first, then warm boot to Windows.

Curious about the flashing procedure: Was the chip unreadable with Raspberry Pi even with PSU connected and power switch on PSU flipped ON (but not main power to motherboard)?
Updating what you asked before about warm booting to Windows and check thunderbolt. I've managed to make it boot to Windows from Clover now. For some reason my Windows was installed in legacy mode, on a MBR partition. Converted it to GPT.

Thunderbolt in Windows is not working either after a warm boot, but it sees the Thunderbolt Controller in Device Manager.

Another thing I've noticed is that when opening Thunderbolt Software on Windows, nothing pops up in the "Attached Devices Chains" anymore.

That SSDT is not needed anymore.

Yes, all future kexts only go to CLOVER/kexts/Other.
Anyway thanks for being there all the time Man. Once my new backup drive comes i will backup everything.

Also one more thing - While booting sometimes my keyboard(only keyboard) won't work at the bios screen,Clover menu. I have to reconnect it after reaching the login screen.

After some troubleshooting I managed to fix this by changing the Mojave wallpaper into static and not dynamic. Some bug probably. Currently switched back to dynamic and all seems to be working fine again after the initial hiccup.

I'm planning to update to 0.5.7 once its released, just a little worried about all the changes in config.plist with each update. I've seen a bunch of stuff get removed/renamed etc and I worry that if I do it manually I might end up breaking something so I'll probably grab the config.plist from the 0.5.7 release and reapply my settings there.

Once again, thank you for your assistance @CaseySJ
Hi There, just finished a brand new install of Catalina, and I am having this same issue with the RX 580 card. I have the dynamic screensaver enabled, and, when the machine goes to sleep, the video/screen does not wake up. Is this the only solution to change the screensaver for now?

Lags and "minifreezes" mouse in Mojave GUI.

Hi, all the hardware of my hackintosh is recognized by the system perfectly, everything works perfectly except that many times and randomly the mouse pointer starts to have freezes and latency. They are microseconds, but very annoying.

This problem has been tested with a wired mouse and bluetooh trackpad. In both cases the problem happens.

The characteristics of my hackintosh are as follows:

- SMbios iMacPro 1,1
- Mojave 10.14.6
- Intel Core i9-9900K
- Motherboard Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Rea 1.1 & Bios V.F8) --> Only Enabled PCIex x16 GPU Radeon.
- GPU AMD Radeon RX 580
- 2x Corsair 16GB - 3200 MHz
- Corsair 850W PSU

If more data is needed, I can provide what they consider ...

Thank you very much for your help.
If a wired mouse has this problem then it might be due to high system activity, particular something like large file transfers, full disk backups, video encoding, etc. Does mouse latency occur even during idle periods (very low system load)?

Updating what you asked before about warm booting to Windows and check thunderbolt. I've managed to make it boot to Windows from Clover now. For some reason my Windows was installed in legacy mode, on a MBR partition. Converted it to GPT.

Thunderbolt in Windows is not working either after a warm boot, but it sees the Thunderbolt Controller in Device Manager.

Another thing I've noticed is that when opening Thunderbolt Software on Windows, nothing pops up in the "Attached Devices Chains" anymore.
If Windows compatibility is essential, I would recommend either of these options:
  • Flash original firmware back to the on-board controller.
  • Keep the flashed firmware on the on-board controller, but use a PCIe add-in-card such as GC-Alpine Ridge or GC-Titan Ridge for Windows (without flashing it).

Back