Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Yes it should be possible.
Is it possible another method to flash firmware? (I don't have a raspberry)

* I have tried fw tool update on windows 10 with & without tb_header
* windows 10 with & without usb 2

progress ends succed but no firmware change, always remains on original nvm43.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_3962.jpeg
    IMG_3962.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 75
Probably cosmetic, I don't have tried yet to see if real difference

I did.
Only cosmetic, nothing more, nothing less but sometimes cosmetics also play a role.

@CaseySJ--it looks like scottkendall and northamtransam have the firmware for the GC-Alpine Ridge card pretty much nailed, so I'm ready to buy one (I have a TB1 HD dock and am I correct in thinking that I have a better chance of a TB1 device working with the Alpine rather than the Titan?)

in any case, I have a RPi 2B. the GPIO pinout is the same as the 3B (https://www.raspberry-pi-geek.com/howto/GPIO-Pinout-Rasp-Pi-1-Model-B-Rasp-Pi-2-Model-B). will the 2B work for flashing? thanks again for all you are doing, as well to Elias64fr and all the others who have helped with the TB project.

Last edited:
Is it possible another method to flash firmware? (I don't have a raspberry)

* I have tried fw tool update on windows 10 with & without tb_header
* windows 10 with & without usb 2

progress ends succed but no firmware change, always remains on original nvm43.

Any ideas?

Pretty sure that using the Intel flasher is not going to work. We are forcing the firmware onto the controller with a hardware programer. You will likely need to get a RPi or one of the other options to accomplish this.

@CaseySJ--it looks like scottkendall and northamtransam have the firmware for the GC-Alpine Ridge card pretty much nailed, so I'm ready to buy one (I have a TB1 HD dock and am I correct in thinking that I have a better chance of a TB1 device working with the Alpine rather than the Titan?)

in any case, I have a RPi 2B. the GPIO pinout is the same as the 3B (https://www.raspberry-pi-geek.com/howto/GPIO-Pinout-Rasp-Pi-1-Model-B-Rasp-Pi-2-Model-B). will the 2B work for flashing? thanks again for all you are doing, as well to Elias64fr and all the others who have helped with the TB project.

Things have evolved since then a little bit.

Our method was patching an already patched AlpineRidgeNUC file. It does work and as far as I can tell is fully functional. We used a hammer, these hero's over here used surgery and education.

That being said from what I've heard from @scottkendall 's experience it is fully functional along side his patched SSDT for USB hot plug.

I would advise holding out and buying a Titan Ridge card as 1) it's more up to date and 2) the firmware they're patching is from "scratch" and that's a better route in my opinion.

Not all 6 SATA ports will be available when NVMe SSDs are used. Because you've populated both M2M and M2P slots, you are now left with 3 functioning SATA ports. Please move the SATA SSD to:
  • SATA2 -- which is the 3rd SATA port
  • SATA3 -- which is the 4th SATA port
Fantastic! Thanks for your help. The funny thing is I tried ports 0, 1 and 5 before posting on this thread and checked the PSU manual. So I guess I didn't try everything ;)
With 2 nvme and one SATA SSD installed, I can only install one more SATA drive, right?

As @Spagnoletto stated, we can Hide Volumes in Clover Configurator
Unfortunately, I still couldn't figure it out. Hide volumes section is empty, and when I click "+" there are no options to select which drives to hide. This is probably not that complicated of a thing to do, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

That being said from what I've heard from @scottkendall 's experience it is fully functional along side his patched SSDT for USB hot plug.

Thunderbolt to Thunderbolt do not work for me, it looks like it wants to work but it does not get an IP address.

Thunderbolt to Thunderbolt do not work for me, it looks like it wants to work but it does not get an IP address.

I say when these guys get settled in we ask them to help with the AlpineRidge-GC.bin just to have it out there.

Back