Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hello @CaseySJ, my EFIClone-v4.sh is in my download folder.
When I type this in my terminal, there is apparently no such file (please, see attached files)
"cd ~/Downloads
xattr -d com.apple.quarantine EFIClone-v4.sh"
Is it normal ? I'm french so the language is french in my Osx. Does it change anything in the code ?

Also, I don't understand when, in the process, I have to set Y in the test switch..

Thanks a lot
Hello @mazop89,

Those are two separate commands to be issued one after the other. So first type cd ~/Downloads and press Enter/Return. Then type the next command and press Enter/Return.

If you have just 2 or 3 drives in your system and the drives have just one O/S partition and perhaps one EFI partition, then just set TEST_SWITCH to N on line 85.

Hello,

I've done a fresh install of Catalina 10.15.3. I got a Fenvi FV-HB1200 card installed on the x1 slot, and bluetooth works well but some WiFi networks does not connect. Don't know why some WiFi networks connect and others does not connect. I attached a screenshot of the error. Password is ok.

Also I tried removing internal Z390 Designare WiFi CNVi card but has no effect.

Thanks!
  • Are you trying to connect to many different WiFi networks or just to one or two primary networks?
  • Can you connect to your primary networks?
  • Can other devices in the same room and same location as the Hackintosh connect to the primary (and secondary) networks?
  • After connecting to any WiFi network, you can press Option key on keyboard and then click the WiFi icon on menu bar. You will see some extra information including:
    • RSSI: ____ dBm
      • This is an indication of signal strength
    • Noise: _____ dBm
      • This is of course the amount of signal noise that can interfere with transmission rate
    • Tx Rate: _____ Mbps
      • Transmission rate
  • Low RSSI and high Noise indicate poor signal. The Fenvi's antennas are located behind the computer. Unfortunately there can be a lot of electrical/RF interference in that area especially if there are a lot of other wires dangling nearby. One solution is to purchase an onboard antenna or use the outboard antenna that comes in the Designare Z390 box. Connect that antenna to the Fenvi and move it around until RSSI goes up and Noise goes down.
Other Suggestions:
  • Shut down system and flip power switch on PSU for 10 seconds. Then power up again and check.
  • If that does not help, clear NVRAM at the Clover Boot Menu (press F1 for help).
  • If that does not help, perform a CMOS Reset and configure BIOS parameters again from the guide in Post #1.

Even using SMBIOS MacMini8,1 3E9B0007 with iGPU switched ON together with a RX 580 still switched ON (which is a wrong configuration) I DON'T get the reboot at wake from sleep.
Do you know what can cause this?
That is not a wrong configuration. It's perfectly okay to use 0x3E9B0007 with iGPU enabled while also using an AMD discrete GPU.
What is the VirtualSmc.efi for?
VirtualSMC is an alternative to FakeSMC. It's newer and under active development. Also supports fan speed and voltage monitoring.

Dear CaseySJ

I have a fresh install of Catalina 10.15.2, all is working fine again, but have currently installed minimal software. I wanted to upgrade to 10.15.3, but having trouble. Just going the system preferences update route, but once I select the boot from "install Catalina on data" on the first restart cycle, it goes through partway of the install process, gets to the spinning wheel of lines and then switches off.

I have the MSI 5700 XT and installed Catalina using the "original mini guide", should I take out the GPU when doing the update?

Thanks

Hemi
Hello Hemi,

The MSI RX 5700 XT has been somewhat of a problem. So yes, try removing that card, switching to Platform ID 0x3E9B0007 and connecting your monitor via USB-C to DisplayPort cable (connect USB-C side of cable to either of the two Thunderbolt ports on the rear IO panel, and connect DisplayPort to your monitor).

awesome, thank you, that's exactly what I've been looking for ! I ordered on Amazon an adaptor early today, so I'll test it tomorrow ! I guess when I'll plug the console on it, the missing thick box would appears. I'll let you know. thanks again
Hello Casey,

So the USB to Thunderbolt adapter didn't work. It seems to no having avb support. So I returned it.
I took the Sonnet Solo10G PCIe card that supposed to work out of the box. But I have again issues, and I'm starting to think of migrating to Windows 10 (that I don't know at all) and quit the hackintosh after 10 years of hackintosh.
Despite I'm very precocious and I take time, try to learn step by step, but every time I install something it's always a nightmare !!??

Here my two actual issues:

1. Despite the power of this new i9 build, I have audio dropout or clicks when I bounce the mixdown
on not so big sessions, I use to run bigger sessions with smaller machine. No matter the settings of buffer etc... ( and I have 27 years of experience in DAW...).
I have those issues in logic showing 25% of the cores used. But Now I'm no more on logic cause I prefer studio one. ON a recent song in studio one I reach 60% cpu resources but I believe I'm supposed to be around 25% because that track is no so big ! And I can't bounce it in real time or offline... I have cracks or dropout !!! In my previous build EIST needed to be off to avoid this, in that build no matter if it's on or off... I don't have the performances I should expect with that new machine !!

2. Because of the first issue, I decided to try the AVB instead of usb cause my presonus console 64s is both console, controller/audio card. Now this Solo10G that supposed to work out of the box not working, it appeared briefly one time after installation in "Audio Midi Setup > Network device browser" then disappeared. I tried different type of cables conform to presonus requirements... The avb is enabled, the card is seen on the system? I have erased the prefs in SystemConfig/* ... but it's not working here are some screenshots...

3. And I still did not find a way for my other day issue; to upgrade WEG/Lilu + SCM to the latest version, I have the latest clover with some 8 months old kexts...

I hope with all your experience you may think of a possible solution...

thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-03-05 at 12.08.40.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-05 at 12.08.40.png
    557.2 KB · Views: 85
  • Screenshot 2020-03-05 at 18.17.48.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-05 at 18.17.48.png
    221.1 KB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot 2020-03-06 at 14.54.23.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-06 at 14.54.23.png
    281 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot 2020-03-06 at 16.34.01.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-06 at 16.34.01.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot 2020-03-06 at 16.34.09.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-06 at 16.34.09.png
    978.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot 2020-03-06 at 16.44.59.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-06 at 16.44.59.png
    387.9 KB · Views: 60
I decided to try the AVB instead of usb cause my presonus console 64s is both console, controller/audio card.

It sounds to me like you have other issues going on with your system.
AVB via a network card is NOT going to give you better performance than you are getting via USB or thunderbolt.
There are valid reasons to use AVB via a network card, but I dont believe improved performance is one of them.

I had issues with CPU spiking in Digital Performer and couldn't figure out what the deal was.
I replaced the motherboard and the problems went away.

I have also seen issues where a bad USB hub caused spiking and dropouts. Just the hub being plugged in made it impossible to get any audio work done.

...Now this Solo10G that supposed to work out of the box not working, it appeared briefly one time after installation in "Audio Midi Setup > Network device browser" then disappeared. I tried different type of cables conform to presonus requirements... The avb is enabled, the card is seen on the system? I have erased the prefs in SystemConfig/* ... but it's not working here are some screenshots...
Hello @nels1,

In addition to the reply above from @manfriday, try the following regarding the Solo 10G:
  • If it appeared once, it should be able to appear again (and consistently). Try power down the system and flip power switch on PSU to OFF for 10 seconds. Then power it back on. Does the 10G work?
  • If not, next step would be to perform a CMOS Reset. Then configure all BIOS parameters again starting with "Load Optimized Defaults". Please refer to BIOS setting in Post #1.

• Are you trying to connect to many different WiFi networks or just to one or two primary networks?
  • Can you connect to your primary networks?
  • Can other devices in the same room and same location as the Hackintosh connect to the primary (and secondary) networks?
  • After connecting to any WiFi network, you can press Option key on keyboard and then click the WiFi iconon menu bar. You will see some extra information including:
    • RSSI: ____ dBm
      • This is an indication of signal strength
    • Noise: _____ dBm
      • This is of course the amount of signal noise that can interfere with transmission rate
    • Tx Rate: _____ Mbps
      • Transmission rate
  • Low RSSI and high Noise indicate poor signal. The Fenvi's antennas are located behind the computer. Unfortunately there can be a lot of electrical/RF interference in that area especially if there are a lot of other wires dangling nearby. One solution is to purchase an onboard antenna or use the outboard antenna that comes in the Designare Z390 box. Connect that antenna to the Fenvi and move it around until RSSI goes up and Noise goes down.
Other Suggestions:
  • Shut down system and flip power switch on PSU for 10 seconds. Then power up again and check.
  • If that does not help, clear NVRAM at the Clover Boot Menu (press F1 for help).
  • If that does not help, perform a CMOS Reset and configure BIOS parameters again from the guide in Post #1.

Hi, thanks for answering

· I tried to connect to differents WiFi network, 3 of them work as they should, but my main WiFi network at home does not connect.

· Other devices, like my mobile phone or other hackintosh computers are working on that WiFi network, so yes, my main WiFi network works on other devices.

· Info trying one WiFi network that works:
RRSI: -56 dBm
Noise: -80 dBm
Tx Rate: 73 Mbps

I think the problem is not a poor signal.

I've done your "Other Suggestions" and everything remains the same.

Thanks!

It sounds to me like you have other issues going on with your system.
AVB via a network card is NOT going to give you better performance than you are getting via USB or thunderbolt.
There are valid reasons to use AVB via a network card, but I dont believe improved performance is one of them.

I had issues with CPU spiking in Digital Performer and couldn't figure out what the deal was.
I replaced the motherboard and the problems went away.

I have also seen issues where a bad USB hub caused spiking and dropouts. Just the hub being plugged in made it impossible to get any audio work done.
The avb is also because I will have other network devices using this protocol...
Of course I never use a hub for connecting so sensitive devices as audio interface.
And I've tried all the differents ports on the mac, same issue...

Regarding my build is brand new so I'm not gonna change my motherboard, however, I just erased my second m2 drive (nvme) and I'm gonna install a dual boot windows 10 to see if I feel better on windows, for now just the music, then I'll compare the performances
(I never thought I could say that one day !!!!)

Hello @nels1,

In addition to the reply above from @manfriday, try the following regarding the Solo 10G:
  • If it appeared once, it should be able to appear again (and consistently). Try power down the system and flip power switch on PSU to OFF for 10 seconds. Then power it back on. Does the 10G work?
  • If not, next step would be to perform a CMOS Reset. Then configure all BIOS parameters again starting with "Load Optimized Defaults". Please refer to BIOS setting in Post #1.
Hey Casey,

Unfortunately, it did not solve my issue !
Can you tell me if it's not too complicated to have a dual boot.
I have 2 differents m2 drives 1Tb each so what should I do to install windows 10 on the second, do I need to make something special with clover. The only guides I've found is for installation on the same drive but I have 2 so 2 EFI...
thanks

Back