Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Your configuration looks fine, but some suggestions:
  • Lilu and WhateverGreen are old versions. Please update to latest versions from here and here.
  • Please check Clover version by pressing F1 at the Clover Boot Menu.
    • Global Edition 5.9.1.0 refers to Clover Configurator, not Clover boot loader!
  • Which version of UniBeast did you use to create the USB Install Disk?
I got it. Clover version is 2.5k rev 5102.
Build: 2019-12-30

I got it. Clover version is 2.5k rev 5102.
Build: 2019-12-30
In the CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, you have VirtualSMC.kext but you're missing these two:
  • SMCProcessor.kext
  • SMCSuperIO.kext
Both of these are in the same ZIP file as VirtualSMC. You can download the ZIP from here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Casey,

I thought this might be the fix for my one last little issue...

I have a Radeon VII and I need to use integrated graphics to drive my 3rd monitor. Programs like Final cut and others know to use the Radeon VII but for some reason, Fusion 360 wants to use the intel integrated. I thought this might be my fix, but as you can see, my card is called "AMD Radeon VII" (so first alphabetically). Is there any other way to tell a program not to use the IGPU? There is no configuration for that in Fusion 360
There are 2 parts to this answer that I can find:
  • In Activity Monitor --> Energy we can check whether an app is utilizing a high-performance GPU. If the Requires High Perf GPU is Yes, then the app is already using the Discrete GPU.
    macos-high-sierra-activity-monitor-requires-high-perf-gpu.jpg
  • In Finder, select your application and choose File--> Get Info. Some applications will let you select a GPU here, but I have not tested this myself. It may only work with eGPU. It's explained by Apple here.
    Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 11.10.37 AM.png

Your CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder contains VirtualSmc.efi, but your CLOVER/kexts/Other folder contains FakeSMC.kext. This is a mismatch.

It would be a good idea to:
  • Backup the system.
  • Then switch to VirtualSMC instead of FakeSMC.
Please follow the mini-guide for this, located here.

Thank you brother everything is working A1 now! Many thanks!

Is there a guide on how to keep your Hackintosh up to date with all the kext, drivers, clover, etc etc ?

I have a M.2 970 EVO Plus. Works great, except for when installing software, have noticed that the file transfer from the install mount to application folder can sometimes almost grind to a halt. Any ideas on why that is?
Incidentally on start up it is so quick that I no longer even get the apple logo just a black screen for a few seconds then the sign-in screen. (Catalina)

• I'm not saying you should switch to FakeSMC. Instead, the guide is for switching from FakeSMC to VirtualSMC. But because you already have VirtualSMC we don't even need to follow the guide. Instead, the only thing we need from that guide is HWMonitorSMC v2.4.x from the bottom of that post (Step 5).
    • The version of HWMonitor you have does not monitor fan RPMs.
Here's the difference:
View attachment 436389

Good evening,

I need some help here, I have VirtualSMC installed and I have installed HWMonitorSMC2 but I don't see fan speed, only the one from the graphics card, which is nice, but I would like to have the others as well. Attached are the settings for HWMonitorSMC2 and the result.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Attachments

• Result with shown readings no fan speed.png
    Result with shown readings no fan speed.png
    564.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Settings  HWMonitorSMC2.png
    Settings HWMonitorSMC2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 76
Hi @CaseySJ,

Thank you for the help! When I get back from this trip I'll take a look. I also see the modified AML you provided @xanderevo and I can try that as well :)

What I'd really like to do is disable all USB devices from waking OSX from sleep and have it only be the power button.

I'd like to be able to passthrough all the iCue devices to VMware's Fusion so I can control them from there. I see some older information on "_PRW" modification to accomplish that in the SSDT but not sure how to get that done with these configuration files.

Thank you again!

Lam

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to “reboot” this ask but do you think there’s a modification to the SSDTs that would make it so only the power button would wake the system from sleep?

That way I could have the best of both worlds. Access to all the USB ports and I can pass through the needed iCue pieces to Windows 10 running in Fusion for full pump and lighting control.

Thanks again for all the help :)

Lam

I have a m.2 970 Evo Plus. Works great, except for when installing software, have noticed that the file transfer from the install mount to application folder can sometimes almost grind to a halt. Any ideas on why that is?
Incedentally on start up it is so quick that I no longer even get the apple logo just a black screen for a few seconds then the sign-in screen. (Catalina)
A lot of Mac software comes in DMG (Disk Image) files that need to be mounted by simply double-clicking. The contents of a DMG file are usually compressed. When the DMG is mounted and you drag-and-drop the new software into the Applications folder, it has to be decompressed in real time. Nevertheless, most of these drag-and-drop operations are pretty quick.

If you are consistently seeing excruciatingly slow drag-and-drop times, then something might be wrong. But if this happens occasionally, but is normal most of the time, then probably nothing to worry about. You can always try installing the same problematic software on a real Mac and see whether it's any faster.

Good evening,

I need some help here, I have VirtualSMC installed and I have installed HWMonitorSMC2 but I don't see fan speed, only the one from the graphics card, which is nice, but I would like to have the others as well. Attached are the settings for HWMonitorSMC2 and the result.

Any ideas? Thanks.
There is no CPU information either (CPU temperatures and voltages). Do you have both SMCProcessor.kext and SMCSuperIO.kext?

There is no CPU information either (CPU temperatures and voltages). Do you have both SMCProcessor.kext and SMCSuperIO.kext?

Hi,
Thank you for responding. Well I do have these two files in the .../other/ folder in the EFI, see attachment. I'm on Mojave, do I still have to have kext files in the /Library/Extensions/? They are not in that folder.

Regards

Attachments

• Both kext in EFI in folder Other.png
    Both kext in EFI in folder Other.png
    174.2 KB · Views: 52
Back