Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I've closely monitored for couple of months and for those who plan to use Thunderbolt 3 audio interfaces I can positively confirm it works properly. My Universal Audio Apollo x6 and TB3 Satellite Quad are super stable and not a single issue has been experienced since I build my hackmac using this guide.

One minor thing is that Apollo is not saved as a primary sound input/output device, it always resets to integrated audio upon restart. Does anyone know how to fix that? Thank you.

Attachments

• Audio.png
    Audio.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 76
I posted a few times here, just wanted to give an update. I couldnt get 3 monitors going. Everything would run flawlessly until i plugged in a second monitor. Everything would go black. I disabled CSM in BIOS and that fixed it. Hope this helps someone in the future. Thanks for the help with everything. Great guide.

Has anyone had an issue with Clover Configurator hanging on trying to mount EFI?
I can't make any changes or even configure a new boot USB.
**UPDATE**
I tried mounting via the Terminal and I am getting an error that the partition/disk may be damaged.

Last edited:
Interestingly, my SATA4 / SATA5 ports are not working.
I have already reset CMOS and restored the factory default settings.
Battery already changed.
Tried various settings (CSM and SATA settings) and nothing appears in BIOS settings, always shows the device not connected
I made sure to connect devices that worked on the other ports and still couldn't make them work.
If I plug in devices between port 0 and 3 work perfectly, but port 4 and 5 don't
Im running out of ideas
Do you have any M.2. storage devices?
If so take note of the section in your M.B. manual which shows which Sata ports are sacrificed, depending on what type of M.2. device and which slot it's installed in. With both M.2. slots populated it's possible to lose Sata ports 0,1,4 and 5

Has anyone had an issue with Clover Configurator hanging on trying to mount EFI?
I can't make any changes or even configure a new boot USB.
**UPDATE**
I tried mounting via the Terminal and I am getting an error that the partition/disk may be damaged.
You can used the updated EFImounter v3.1 in the forum's /Download/Community Software/. (See top of page, menu.)

Or EFI Agent. (See sticky post in forum's General Help forum section.)

hey....a bit off topic, but i just noticed my apple tv+ badge lit up on my phone.... i clicked on it and because i have a new mac i get a year free. did anyone else get this?
Yep, got this with my new 11 Pro :)

Good decision to wait until the case arrives. Depending on the size and bulk of air coolers, they can, for example, impede access to Slot 1, which means you lose that slot (at least for long cards such as GPUs).

For 99% of the people (in my opinion) GPU water cooling is not needed. GPUs are equipped with large heat sinks and double or triple fans. The manufacturers of those cards have certified their products for continuous use at high loads.

Couple of years ago when Ethereum mining was still profitable, I had two crypto-currency miners, each with seven AMD RX 580s with stock dual-fan air coolers. Imagine 14 of these AMD RX 580s in the same room performing highly-demanding Ethereum mining 24x7 with just air cooling. NOTHING EVER HAPPENED to those cards! In fact, after 4 months of mining, Ethereum profitability tanked and I sold half the cards, gifted two of them to family, and re-purposed the rest for my Hackintosh and eGPU.

The MSI RX 580 Gaming X (and PowerColor RX 580) listed in Post #1 came straight out of the mining system and worked flawlessly both in the crypto world and now in the Hackintosh world.
Hi Casey - GPU watercooling may not be necessary, but if you've heard a Radion VII when pushed hard you may change your mind :)

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if this has been reported in this thread as I can't find it via search.

I am have very slow boot times in Catalina (15.2) compared to my Mojave build. Additionally, previewing files is much slower as well.

The main difference is I'm using the 5700 XT in Catalina as I wasn't able to in Mojave.

Does anyone with a similar setup have a similar experience with a possible solution? Its not a PROBLEM, just would be nice to fix if possible :)

Thanks!

Back