Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi I tried searching and couldn't find an answer to my HEVC issue. I'd love to have everything working as best as it can.
Any help would be appreciated.

Everything else seems to be working just Hunky Dory, except that the front usb C doesn't work with my card reader, but does work with my Samsung T5, go figure.

thanks in advance.

Gigabyte Z390 Designare
Intel i9 - 9900K
Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Pulse 8 GB
SMBIOS iMac 19.1
Lilu + WhatEverGreen in /CLOVER/Kexts/Other and /Library/Extensions
Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 11.12.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 11.12.02 PM.png

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    8.7 MB · Views: 82

why do you have these kexts doubled? Keep them only on EFI and add inject flag on Clover configuration!

also your screenshot shows that there’s something wrong with your graphics setup.

Hi all - have been enjoying Hackintosh bliss with this machine (5700 XT, 10.15.1). I was getting occasional wake problems and random crashes still (nothing unbearable but always annoying).

Then I remembered a post about disabling XMP Profile to increase stability and reduce sleep issues - I have 3200 MHz RAM and after disabling XMP it went down to 2666. After doing that the machine has been solid as a rock. Always sleeps, always wakes properly and haven't had a crash since.

Just wanted to throw that out there that perhaps this is a stability issue that's hard to track/know but seems to be true.

Good questions:
  • Thunderbolt on this motherboard does not need Windows at all. It is fully activated along with hot-plug capability through macOS alone.
  • BIOS F8 is recommended for your upcoming i9-9900KS.
  • Overcoming lack of native NVRAM support requires a heavily modified DSDT that is dependent on the bootloader. That means:
    • If using Clover, DSDT has to be modified for use with Clover.
    • If using OpenCore, DSDT has to be modified for use with OpenCore.
  • Those who have been exploring this are using OpenCore, which unfortunately means disabling iGPU because the OpenCore EFI memory driver (FwRuntimeServices) does not work when iGPU is enabled.
So far I've only got native nvram to work on OpenCore, and I've looked at the DSDT but I cannot figure out why it works. My knowledge of DSDT isn't sufficient, sadly. If someone who knows this stuff could take a look that might help us out? Here's the clean and modified DSDT http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=40561690984440084401

Hey guys I need your help. I got a designare z390 + 9900K + Radeon VII + (32GB Ram 2x16GB) Mojave
My system was working fine, than I got another 32GB to install, thats when my problems started.

After inserting the other 2x16gb no video, so I reset the bios, after some research I changed the cables I got back the video. Configured the bios again, but it didn’t boot. Got my pendrive, got to boot, but nothing. So I updated the clover to the latest 5100 since then ....Im stuck here: (please see the photo attached)
I can’t figure out what is, nvram, or clover or what. I copied the files again as the tutorial instructs, but nothing.
Please I just need to figure out. i really appreciate your help.
Fab

Attachments

• 960179E2-9901-4306-9AB4-7C6ACAA83E5C.jpeg
    960179E2-9901-4306-9AB4-7C6ACAA83E5C.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Try re-seating your memory (take it out and put it back in again), disable XMP profile or boot with 'silde=0'

Hey guys I need your help. I got a designare z390 + 9900K + Radeon VII + (32GB Ram 2x16GB) Mojave
My system was working fine, than I got another 32GB to install, thats when my problems started.

After inserting the other 2x16gb no video, so I reset the bios, after some research I changed the cables I got back the video. Configured the bios again, but it didn’t boot. Got my pendrive, got to boot, but nothing. So I updated the clover to the latest 5100 since then ....Im stuck here: (please see the photo attached)
I can’t figure out what is, nvram, or clover or what. I copied the files again as the tutorial instructs, but nothing.
Please I just need to figure out. i really appreciate your help.
Fab
which memory driver are you using in your clover/drivers/UEFI folder?

also, if you updated to clover 5100 from a 49xx version the driver folder structure is different. as a result of the upgrade to 5100 if you now have both /clover/drivers64UEFI and /clover/drivers/UEFI you need to move the drivers from the old folder to the new one. 5100 won't load drivers from the old folder and if the new folder doesn't have all the drivers you need (especially the memory driver) the boot will stop where your screen shot shows.

Hi I tried searching and couldn't find an answer to my HEVC issue. I'd love to have everything working as best as it can. Any help would be appreciated.
Please make the following changes and try again:
  • Clover Configurator --> Graphics --> Uncheck InjectIntel
  • Clover Configurator --> Graphics --> Blank out ig-platform-id
    Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 3.45.50 AM.png
  • Remove HEVCEnabler.kext from CLOVER/kexts/Other
  • If this kext also exists in /Library/Extensions, remove it from there as well and run Kext Utility to rebuild kernel cache. Run run the utility and wait for the small button on lower right side of window to change to Quit.
    Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 3.46.27 AM.png
Everything else seems to be working just Hunky Dory, except that the front usb C doesn't work with my card reader, but does work with my Samsung T5, go figure.
The USB-C ports on this system will not work with USB 2 devices, but they will work with USB 3. This was done intentionally in order to maintain a 15 USB Port Limit. The Samsung T5 is a USB 3 device, but the card reader is most likely USB 2.
This is perfectly okay.
why do you have these kexts doubled? Keep them only on EFI and add inject flag on Clover configuration!
There's no strictly right or wrong answer about this. Real Macs do not inject kexts at boot -- they never have. There's more discussion here by JayMonkey.

So far I've only got native nvram to work on OpenCore, and I've looked at the DSDT but I cannot figure out why it works. My knowledge of DSDT isn't sufficient, sadly. If someone who knows this stuff could take a look that might help us out? Here's the clean and modified DSDT http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=40561690984440084401
Using the awesome app DeltaWalker, I compared the original and modified DSDTs side-by-side. There are substantial changes -- quite impressive actually. But those changes cover a wide range of features, including device-property injection via DSDT so it's not necessary to inject them via Clover or OpenCore config.plist. Identifying the specific changes that enable NVRAM requires more careful scrutiny.

Back