Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Boot args: -alcbeta dart=0 darkwake=0 -wegbeta -lilubetaall -shikigva=60
On a working system we should not use:
  • -alcbeta
  • -wegbeta
  • -lilubetaall
Also note that a leading hyphen is not needed for shikigva so the boot argument would be simply shikigva=60. Please make these changes and let's see what happens...

Well, I checked out everything as instructed and files are in place but yeh if I go under the system report and check it's still not showing the Thunderbolt and One more Ethernet Card And fr Audio I am looking SPDIF Output. I Am sharing the screenshot for the same and regarding State of the system After Post Installation. I checked and going to share the screen for the same.
  • Please note that you can capture a screenshot of any window in macOS by pressing CMD-Shift-5 then moving the mouse over a window and clicking. The screenshot will be saved on the Desktop. This will reduce file size significantly.
  • The PCI section of System Information shows that Thunderbolt NHI Controller (native host interface) and Thunderbolt XHC Controller (for USB-C) are both present.
    • Do you have any Thunderbolt devices connected?
  • The Ethernet Cards section only shows the Intel i219 that is controlled by IntelMausiEthernet.kext. The other (missing) Ethernet card is the Intel i211 that requires SmallTreeIntel82576.kext.
    • If you use the SmallTreeIntel82576.kext from Post #1 (in Post-Install Files.zip) then also copy the two FakePCIID kexts. They are in the same Post-Install Files.zip
    • But if you use the SmallTreeIntel82576.kext from the Catalina Mini-Guide, then no need to copy the two FakePCIID kexts.
    • After copying files into /Library/Extensions we must run Kext Utility to rebuild kernel cache and fix kext permissions.
  • The only digital audio port I've seen from AppleALC.kext is the Built-In Digital Output. This is, of course, an optical or TOSLINK port.
    • I have not seen a coaxial digital output (SPDIF). Are you certain it was there in Mojave?

I’ll give that try! Thanks.

I’ve only been using this new setup for a few days now. I also now seem to be getting system freezing while running audio apps for an extended period of time, but am still not sure if it’s Thunderbolt/ UAD related or not. Wondering if I should also try ocquirks-4 and FW. These are the mysteries of Hackintoshing I guess.

It anyone el ese is using UAD devices on this build, what sort of Thunderbolt BIOS setting are you using?
Some general suggestions that might or might not help:
  • Please try Boot Once as suggested.
  • Also ensure that your UAD devices are running the latest firmware.
  • Also install the latest UAD drivers for macOS.
  • It is good to replace OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 with both OcQuirks-4 and FwRuntimeServices, but these may not be directly relevant to the boot-time vs hot-plug issue.

• -alcbeta
  • -wegbeta
  • -lilubetaall
Also note that a leading hyphen is not needed for shikigva so the boot argument would be simply shikigva=60. Please make these changes and let's see what happens...
Thanks, will let you know shortly.

Yes you can remove the CMOS battery instead of shorting two pins.

I was out of town so I couldn't replay, but long story short... It worked I'm back in OSX.i ran the kext utility just to be safe after rebooting. tnx for the help . so back at setting up Thunderbolt..

Please run IORegistryExplorer and select File —> Save As... then upload the saved file. That will give us the PCI path of the Thunderbolt card.

Attachments

• Studio’s iMac TB setup.ioreg
    28.3 MB · Views: 56
I was out of town so I couldn't replay, but long story short... It worked I'm back in OSX.i ran the kext utility just to be safe after rebooting. tnx for the help . so back at setting up thunderbolt..
The Thunderbolt card is on RP21 as expected, so please download the 2 file attached to this post into the CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder of your macOS EFI partition, and reboot. Then plug a Thunderbolt device (after booting up) and check whether it connects correctly.

• -alcbeta
  • -wegbeta
  • -lilubetaall
Same behavior. No auto sleep and when choosing
  • -alcbeta
  • -wegbeta
  • -lilubetaall
No change, same behavior. No Auto Sleep and when choosing sleep from the Apple drop down menu, system sleeps but when it wakes the computer restarts automatically with the normal wirings about the computer restarting because of a problem. Config.plist attached

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 55
Same behavior. No auto sleep and when choosing

No change, same behavior. No Auto Sleep and when choosing sleep from the Apple drop down menu, system sleeps but when it wakes the computer restarts automatically with the normal wirings about the computer restarting because of a problem. Config.plist attached
Some questions:
  • Are you using the iGPU to drive a monitor? If not, I'll change Platform ID to 0x3E920003 (headless).
  • Are you using the latest Lilu, WhateverGreen, and AppleALC? If so, I'll remove Inject Intel and replace it with WhateverGreen parameters (in Devices --> Properties).
Update: The attached config.plist assumes the answer to 1st question is no and 2nd answer is yes. Before use, please copy serial numbers back into SMBIOS.

Attachments

• config-elfcake.plist
    14 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
As a small thank you to CaseySJ, I took screen grabs of the necessary BIOS changes in the F8 firmware.
Casey, please feel free to take ownership and edit/use as desired.

Press <DEL> during boot when you see Gigabyte logo to enter BIOS
while in BIOS use <F2> to toggle to Advanced Mode
while in BIOS use <F7> to load Optimized Settings
after loading Optimized Settings make the following modifications

01 Tweaker -> Advanced CPU Settings -> VT-d -> Disabled

02 Tweaker -> Extreme Memory Profile(X.M.P.) -> Profile 1

03 Settings -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled

04 Settings -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
05 Settings -> Thunderbolt(TM) Configuration -> Security Level -> No Security
(This change will trigger a Save & Exit dialog, simply press ESC-ape to close dialog)
06 Settings -> Thunderbolt(TM) Configuration -> Discrete Thunderbolt(TM) Configuration -> Thunderbolt Usb Support -> Enabled
07 Settings -> Thunderbolt(TM) Configuration -> Discrete Thunderbolt(TM) Configuration -> GPIO3 Force Pwr -> Enabled
08 Settings -> USB Configuration -> XCHI Hand-off -> Enabled
09 Boot -> Windows 8/10 Features -> Other OS
10 Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled
(Some devices require CSM Support to be enabled. There is no harm in setting this to either Enabled or Disabled)
11 Save & Exit -> Save Profiles -> save to Profile 1

If starting from Optimized Settings, the default for all other required settings should be correct.

Some other settings to consider based on your working environment:

Settings -> Platform Power -> ErP -> Enabled
(This will shut off power to USB ports when computer is shut down)
Settings -> Miscellaneous -> LEDs in System Power On State > Off
(Disables decorative motherboard LEDs when powered on)
Settings -> SATA And RST Configuration -> Hot-plug -> Enable (for desired ports)
(Along with Clover patch, allows for hot swap of drives connected to on-board SATA ports)
Settings -> Platform Power -> Soft-Off by PWR-BTTN > Delay 4 sec.
(Delays instant off when power button pressed)

Attachments

• BIOS_F8.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 72
As a small thank you to CaseySJ, I took screen grabs of the necessary BIOS changes in the F8 firmware.
Casey, please feel free to take ownership and edit/use as desired.

Press <DEL> during boot when you see Gigabyte logo to enter BIOS
while in BIOS use <F2> to toggle to Advanced Mode
while in BIOS use <F7> to load Optimized Settings
after loading Optimized Settings make the following modifications

01 Tweaker -> Advanced CPU Settings -> VT-d -> Disabled

02 Tweaker -> Extreme Memory Profile(X.M.P.) -> Profile 1

03 Settings -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled

04 Settings -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
05 Settings -> Thunderbolt(TM) Configuration -> Security Level -> No Security
(This change will trigger a Save & Exit dialog, simply press ESC-ape to close dialog)
06 Settings -> Thunderbolt(TM) Configuration -> Discrete Thunderbolt(TM) Configuration -> Thunderbolt Usb Support -> Enabled
07 Settings -> Thunderbolt(TM) Configuration -> Discrete Thunderbolt(TM) Configuration -> GPIO3 Force Pwr -> Enabled
08 Settings -> USB Configuration -> XCHI Hand-off -> Enabled
09 Boot -> Windows 8/10 Features -> Other OS
10 Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled
(Some devices require CSM Support to be enabled. There is no harm in setting this to either Enabled or Disabled)
11 Save & Exit -> Save Profiles -> save to Profile 1

If starting from Optimized Settings, the default for all other required settings should be correct.

Some other settings to consider based on your working environment:

Settings -> Platform Power -> ErP -> Enabled
(This will shut off power to USB ports when computer is shut down)
Settings -> Miscellaneous -> LEDs in System Power On State > Off
(Disables decorative motherboard LEDs when powered on)
Settings -> SATA And RST Configuration -> Hot-plug -> Enable (for desired ports)
(Along with Clover patch, allows for hot swap of drives connected to on-board SATA ports)
Settings -> Platform Power -> Soft-Off by PWR-BTTN > Delay 4 sec.
(Delays instant off when power button pressed)
Awesome! I'll add this to the main guide soon. Screenshots can be found here.

Back