Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I think it's important for those users who are successful with Ocquirks to be certain that they were previously unsuccessful with anything other than -free2000. otherwise we may be seeing false positives with Ocquirks.

In my case I could boot with AptioMemoryFix+slide=0 if I disabled iGPU, and in some limited cases could clear CMOS and boot with iGPU but eventually lose the ability to. So time will tell if this holds up.

For some odd reason though, I can use the same quirks on this as OpenCore itself, and yet I can't currently boot with iGPU on OpenCore, but can with OcQuirks.

@CaseySJ

I recompiled OcQuirks with only the quirks I use with OpenCore, except I also disabled DisableVariableWrite.

So I only have these enabled
AvoidRuntimeDefrag
DevirtualiseMmio
EnableWriteUnprotector
QuirksProvideConsoleGopEnable

I have not yet tested safe mode on this or OpenCore to see if I need EnableSafeModeSlide.
Are all other quirks set to False?

LG is already selling a new 17" MBP like laptop with thin bezels. For less than half the price. I wonder if anyone is hackintoshing these yet ??? :think:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MNDYX9Z/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
Although I agree that Apple's prices are high (across the board), I built a desktop Hackintosh instead of a laptop Hackintosh because there was simply no modular offering from Apple that could replace my 2008 Mac Pro 3,1.

But on the laptop front, I do believe Apple has a fairly complete product line. I may not like their relatively high price, but at least the functionality is present. And everything will work! That includes sleep, wake, shutdown, restart, NVRAM, iGPU, dGPU, multiple monitors, LG UltraFine 5K at 5K, no boot to black screen, no DisplayPort or HDMI hot plug issues, no HEVC/H.264 issues, Thunderbolt 1 devices (yup TB1), sleep on lid close, wake on lid open, Thunderbolt local node, Thunderbolt bus, Thunderbolt Target Disk Mode, Thunderbolt Ethernet, Thunderbolt power conservation, etc. I would pay Apple the extra money to get that peace of mind! :)

I did this and still no MB Audio showing up. Clover is updated. Deleted AptioMemoryFix I used Kext Beast to install AppleALC and verified it was 1.3.4 It is still in kext "others" folder in the EFI folder. Then I used kext utility to cleanup and restore permissions. It seemed to finish very quickly... Also it look like it does this in System/Library/extensions vs Library/extensions Is there a better way to rebuild kext caches?

On an amazingly positive note: I got my OWC Thunderbolt 4X drive bay and put my (2) 4Tb Raid drives in it from my previous build. They came up and at same speed as they did when they were on SATA controllers in my old Hack. I have two 8Tb showing up tomorrow. The Thunderbolt 3 on the MB is exactly why I did this build!

Jules
Did your ThunderBay 4 allow your system to sleep without choosing the Apple Menu>Sleep? In other words, does your system sleep automatically with the ThunderBay 4 attached?

In my case I could boot with AptioMemoryFix+slide=0 if I disabled iGPU, and in some limited cases could clear CMOS and boot with iGPU but eventually lose the ability to. So time will tell if this holds up.

For some odd reason though, I can use the same quirks on this as OpenCore itself, and yet I can't currently boot with iGPU on OpenCore, but can with OcQuirks.
I'm in the same situation. Was using Aptio with no iGPU. Did not try too hard to get the iGPU to work though.

One thing I did notice when switching to OcQuirks was that I had more pages of memory within Clover's memmap output. Although the increase was in the second available unreserved section and was not the section starting at the point where slide=0 starts, which is something like 0x100000 - right?.

In fact, the number of pages in the range which starts at 0x100000 (which was available) was exactly the same as when booting with AptioMemoryFix.

If that's worth anything.

Are all other quirks set to False?

Yes. I disabled all other quirks with the customizer and then triple checked the config tool and then compiled that, rebooted, shutdown, powered off PSU for a few minutes, booted again fine.

For some odd reason Clover+OcQuirks can boot with iGPU but if I reboot and use OpenCore it doesn't.

Because you already have two DisplayPort connections going from the Radeon VII to GC-Titan Ridge card, it should be possible to daisy chain two monitors via one TB3 port. Keyword: should. One never knows on a Hackintosh until it's actually attempted!
It worked! Running dual monitor off of 1 TB3 port from the TR card. Display port out of TS3 Plus and USB-C to HDMI adapter to TB3 port on dock.

@djx8605 Some folks have stated that disk ejection bug has been fixed in Catalina. But on my machine (3600 MHz RAM) the bug is still there on Catalina. The rest of the sleep behaviour and power nap works fine here on Mojave and Catalina, too.
My experience as well, memory now held back at 2666 again

All is well with my fabulous @CaseySJ build, except some sleep and iCloud issues.

Firstly, my system hates to sleep (I know the feeling). I have a very sensitive Logitech mouse, and an old house -i.e. just the slightest movement (old floors), and the system wakes up. But also it seems to keep waking up alone - every few minutes. Doesn't get an input from the keyboard, so goes back to sleep, then repeat.

Secondly, I get an iCloud error, asking for me to refresh my login... "Some account services will not be available until you sign in again". I do so and all seems well until the system is powered down for some time - (something I do regularly because of the sleep issues above). I have followed all of the guides, in particular the tonymacx86 mini guide to iMessage and it seemed to be working well. My serial number is retained after reboot, (so assume NVRAM settings are okay) and is shows as a iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019) when checking on checkcoverage.apple.com

I recently switched to VirtualSMC and am running SMCProcessor.kext, SMCSuperIO.kext and ITEIT87x.kext and - all in the CLOVER Kexts folder (nothing in L/E/), which gives me some "reasonable" sensor data in HWMonitor2 (no TDP info, but getting fan data) - but the errors appeared to be happening beforehand.

Any ideas? Thanks as always, Hackintosh Community.

Intel i211 Ethernet controller: Can’t I just put this in Devices - Properties in config.plist and get rid of FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_GbX.kext?
Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-13 um 13.45.39.png

Back