Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

The signature section is best suited to this
Unfortunately that would be a forum rule violation as things currently stand.

Unfortunately that would be a forum rule violation as things currently stand.
Yes you're right. The only items allowed are:
  • Motherboard make/model
  • CPU model
  • GPU make/model
That means no names either such as ThriftyMac, ThinkServer, Qx-2000. So just about everyone is in violation! :)

Screen Shot 2019-10-28 at 12.46.03 PM.png

If I remove my Fenvi WiFi/BT card, I am able to use AptioMemoryFix (that was the case when I last tried it months ago). I am planning to run the following experiment later today:

BIOS F8 allows us to disable the on-board Intel CNVi. So the intriguing question is this: If I keep the Fenvi installed, but disable the Intel CNVi in firmware, will I be able to use AptioMemoryFix?

I'm about to purchase something to get WiFi/BT running if only for one simple little thing which is being able to use the Wifi sync feature of 1Password. If you'd like me to test with something other than the Fenvi, then just let me know what you'd suggest.

• Motherboard make/model
  • CPU model
  • GPU make/model
That means no names either such as ThriftyMac, ThinkServer, Qx-2000. So just about everyone is in violation! :)

View attachment 433243
System names are allowed as long as they short. We'll update the rules to include that.

• Motherboard make/model
  • CPU model
  • GPU make/model

View attachment 433243

Am I being too "political" if I say my vote is for being able to see the current OS version. We seem to have to clarify that data point via a lot of questions which may not have to otherwise be asked.

The signature section is best suited to this because we can list each Hackintosh separately. Just added macOS version to my signature below.

EDIT: Will defer OS info pending review of the Rules.
Am I being too "political" if I say my vote is for being able to see the current OS version. We seem to have to clarify that data point via a lot of questions which may not have to otherwise be asked.
After a brief discussion on this topic with site administrators:
  • Build signatures may include short names.
  • Build signatures should remain limited to Motherboard, CPU, GPU information in order to keep signatures short and to the point.
  • MacOS versions/builds change frequently so we believe transient information like this should be kept out of signature and profile/avatar.
  • Administrators are open to soliciting more feedback on this topic.

I'm about to purchase something to get WiFi/BT running if only for one simple little thing which is being able to use the Wifi sync feature of 1Password. If you'd like me to test with something other than the Fenvi, then just let me know what you'd suggest.
I love 1Password -- it's been a game changer and a peace-of-mind restorer. For this system, however, I can only recommend the two Fenvi WiFi/BT cards:

Hey Casey,

reporting back here after my last attempt...

It's been a while since I chimed in as I was traveling and had a bunch of projects that came out of nowhere so I had to put this task on hold...

You may not remember but you were trying to help figure out how to activate the integrated GPU to work in a non-headless mode. I am connected to the display with a DP cable....I tried all the things you suggested and double checked that all the folders/subfolders were present inside the CLOVER folder.

Any other suggestions you can think of that would help?

Many thanks,
Andre

Please do the following:
  • Shutdown computer and remove power cable for 10 seconds. This performs a soft CMOS reset.
  • Power on and see if the Mac boot options appear in Clover Boot Menu.
  • If not, then please boot from the USB Install Disk or a bootable clone disk and then:
    • Mount the EFI partition of the main Mojave SSD. You may use the Mount EFI option on the left side of Clover Configurator.
    • Then navigate to the EFI/CLOVER folder on the EFI partition and verify that the CLOVER folder and its sub-folders are present.

Hey Casey,

reporting back here after my last attempt...

It's been a while since I chimed in as I was traveling and had a bunch of projects that came out of nowhere so I had to put this task on hold...

You may not remember but you were trying to help figure out how to activate the integrated GPU to work in a non-headless mode. I am connected to the display with a DP cable....I tried all the things you suggested and double checked that all the folders/subfolders were present inside the CLOVER folder.

Any other suggestions you can think of that would help?

Many thanks,
Andre
Hello Andre,

Comments / suggestions:
  • Please provide the most current config.plist with serial numbers removed.
  • What is the make/model of your monitor? Is it a TV?
  • Are you using a USB-C to DisplayPort cable connected to one of the two USB-C/Thunderbolt ports on the rear IO panel?

If I remove my Fenvi WiFi/BT card, I am able to use AptioMemoryFix (that was the case when I last tried it months ago). I am planning to run the following experiment later today:

BIOS F8 allows us to disable the on-board Intel CNVi. So the intriguing question is this: If I keep the Fenvi installed, but disable the Intel CNVi in firmware, will I be able to use AptioMemoryFix?
While your in the test mode, if it still fails, try clearing the CMOS and disable CSM.
In one of my test with Bios F8 I was able to boot with AptioMemoryfix ( wifi cnvi off), but rolled back to Bios F6 because wasn't able to boot with iGPU on
The experiment has concluded and the results are in:

All experiments conducted with this configuration:
  • BIOS version F8
  • SMBIOS: Mac mini 8,1
  • Catalina 10.15 with both Supplemental Updates
  • MSI RX 580 Gaming X in PCIe slot 1
  • Fenvi FV-T919 WiFi/BT in bottom short x1 slot
  • PCIe NVMe in M2M slot
  • PCIe NVMe in M2P slot
Purpose of Experiment:
  • To determine the conditions under which AptioMemoryFix works.
Observations:
iGPU Intel CNVi CSM Support Fenvi WiFi/BT slide=0 Result
Enabled Enabled Enabled Installed checked FAIL
Enabled Enabled Enabled Installed unchecked FAIL
Enabled Enabled Disabled Installed checked FAIL
Enabled Enabled Disabled Installed unchecked FAIL
Enabled Disabled Disabled Installed checked FAIL
Enabled Disabled Disabled Installed unchecked FAIL
Enabled Disabled Disabled Removed checked FAIL
Enabled Disabled Disabled Removed unchecked FAIL
Disabled Disabled Disabled Removed checked SUCCESS
Disabled Disabled Disabled Removed unchecked FAIL
Disabled Enabled Enabled Installed checked SUCCESS

Conclusion:
  • AptioMemoryFix works with my system configuration only by (a) disabling IGPU and (b) setting slide=0.
Addendum:
  • Switching to SMBIOS iMac19,1 with iGPU enabled results in FAILURE.
  • Reducing DVMT-PreAlloc from 64MB to 32MB while keeping iGPU enabled results in FAILURE.

Last edited:
Back