Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

The IOReg file you posted earlier shows that USB ports HS11 and HS12 are missing. Bluetooth connects to one of these ports, therefore Bluetooth will not work until we fix this problem. The USB SSDT looks correct so I think it's necessary to switch to iMac19,1. After installing the modified EFI folder that I provided, please run IORegistryExplorer once again and upload the file (File --> Save As...).

Please see this thread for the problem seen in screenshot:

Edit: Also try the slightly modified config.plist attached here.
Hi @CaseySJ, I am back. It took me more than a month to receive the new Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX Vega56 (realized the previous used Vega56 is for bitcoin mining, which caused the random shutdown. Then I returned it) & Fenvi FV-T919.
Can you please help me to stabilize my first Hackintosh. Hope you can be still patient with me since I am totally a fresh man in Hackintosh!

Current status:
  • Bluetooth still not work with the new card in x1 PCI (I tried with and without BrcmPatchRAM2.kext & BrcmFirmwareData.kext)
  • I am tried the fix of Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX Vega56 in page 01 and got "error: unsupported registry entry class type 'IORegistryEntry'" as attached photo. I cannot figure out the problem myself.
  • The Hackintosh still cannot shutdown/restart properly.
Attachment:
- current ioreg
- current EFI folder

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 12.52.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 12.52.57 AM.png
    200.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Tri’s iMac 190907.ioreg
    7.2 MB · Views: 74
  • Delta - EFI.zip
    33.9 MB · Views: 153
Thank you @CaseySJ this helped me tremendously.

2 notes:
- the aptio fix free2000 shouldn’t be used since the developer explained that it will eventually kill your hardware at a point in time, could be now or in five years, but it will kill it.
- for using igpu in headless mode with the Radeon VII you should leave the Device - Properties tab in Clover empty and use the 19.1 Smbios. Using an ID in properties won’t work. But also you need the dangerous aptio fix. So at this point in time the only wise thing to do is to disable igpu and use the Imac pro smbios (still keeping all Device Properties empty).
Hello @tchit,

Regarding the doom and gloom surrounding OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000, please see this post, which I've screenshot below. There was a lengthy discussion on this topic around July 20-24. We hope to switch from Clover to OpenCore sometime in the future, and hopefully the new FwRuntimeServices (which includes NVRAM and AptioMemoryFix services) will be compatible with this system.

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 11.20.37 AM.png

Regarding Devices --> Properties, note that a lot of Vega owners are setting Platform ID 0x3E980003 (headless) in this manner with iGPU enabled in BIOS.

Hi @CaseySJ, I am back. It took me more than a month to receive the new Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX Vega56 (realized the previous used Vega56 is for bitcoin mining, which caused the random shutdown. Then I returned it) & Fenvi FV-T919.
Can you please help me to stabilize my first Hackintosh. Hope you can be still patient with me since I am totally a fresh man in Hackintosh!

Current status:
  • Bluetooth still not work with the new card in x1 PCI (I tried with and without BrcmPatchRAM2.kext & BrcmFirmwareData.kext)
  • I am tried the fix of Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX Vega56 in page 01 and got "error: unsupported registry entry class type 'IORegistryEntry'" as attached photo. I cannot figure out the problem myself.
  • The Hackintosh still cannot shutdown/restart properly.
Attachment:
- current ioreg
- current EFI folder
Hello @deltanguyen,

Let's address the three issues:

1. Bluetooth
  • Delete BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareData.kext from CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.
  • The IOReg file shows that Bluetooth is attached to HS11 so try resetting the Bluetooth module as described here.
  • If this does not work, please take a screenshot of System Information --> Bluetooth (from About this Mac).
2. Vega 56
  • The AMD driver is already loaded and seems to be working correctly. There is no need to make any changes or apply any patches for Vega. Just plug the card in and everything should work. We just need Lilu and WhateverGreen.
  • If you are seeing some problem with the Vega, please describe the problem.
3. Shutdown and Restart
  • This is usually solved by installing EmuVariable (which is already installed).
  • What happens when you select Restart? Does the system crash?
  • What happens when you select Shutdown? Does the system crash or does it restart instead?

Here are some general tips for connecting this system to a flatscreen TV:
  • If the TV has a low-latency HDMI port designated for gaming consoles or computer connections, use that port.
  • Disable UHD Color, HDR, and similar functions. Consult the TV's manual to determine if there's a section for computer connections. Many Samsung TV manuals contain such a section.
  • Connect the AMD GPU to the TV instead of the built-in HDMI on rear IO panel.
  • In Preferences --> Displays, specify a lower resolution (1080p is good) and lower refresh rate such as 30Hz or 24Hz. Consult the TV user's manual for a list of supported resolutions and refresh rates.
I don't understand all of these recommendations for using a 4K TV as a monitor. I'm using a 55" TLC 4k TV and have absolutely no issues. I use the DisplayPort coming off my Vega64 in to an HDMI to DisplayPort adapter (****you do have to use high end cables and adapters to maintain the resolution and refresh rate). This gives true 4K at 60Hz. MacOS recognizes the TV and under TVs I can scale just like on a HiDPI screen. Works fantastic. I get the exact same results when I hook up my Late 2018 MacBook Pro to this same screen. It couldn't be better.

@svandive, these are general troubleshooting guidelines for the case when things don't work. Many flatscreen TVs have no problem. But there are hundreds if not thousands of different flatscreen TVs on the new and used markets, so we are bound to have some issues.

Pretty strange issue which I cant see addressed anywhere. I have pretty much the same build as you - i bought the same hardware except a VEGA64 (GTX2080ti in disabled slot) and a 9900K. So far everything is perfect ...except. If i install istat menu or i use hwmonitor (fakesmc) then if i click on the CPU dropdown in istats or the menubar item with hwmonitor there is a brief beachball and almost like a system stutter. There is lag in bringing down the menu item. If i keep clicking on it.. there is this definite micro pause.

It doesnt happen for example with the non CPU stats dropdowns in istats, it's JUST the CPU.
It feels like there is some piece of info being retrieved and is taking time, or there is a timeout.
Its really hard to explain, wondering if its fakesmc/sensor related... or if its something else.

I've considered just not using istats (its not essential) or moving from fakesmc to virtualSMC to see if that fixes, but its weird how i cant find anything about it anywhere - makes it feel like it's just me !

@acantril,

This delay is a known problem with FakeSMC. Switching to VirtualSMC will eliminate it. Please make a full system backup in advance if you decide to switch.

Hello @tchit,

Regarding the doom and gloom surrounding OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000, please see this post, which I've screenshot below. There was a lengthy discussion on this topic around July 20-24. We hope to switch from Clover to OpenCore sometime in the future, and hopefully the new FwRuntimeServices (which includes NVRAM and AptioMemoryFix services) will be compatible with this system.

View attachment 424849

Regarding Devices --> Properties, note that a lot of Vega owners are setting Platform ID 0x3E980003 (headless) in this manner with iGPU enabled in BIOS.

According to the developer, using the free2000 fix is like playing Russian roulette: you are lucky every time it boots and doesn’t kill your hardware. He’s giving tons of explanations and since I don’t have sufficient technical knowledge to decide by myself, I’m following his advice and I’ll stay away from this aptio fix. I think you should put a note about it in the tutorial so people can decide will all informations available.

Concerning the platform id, for Radeon VII owners the only way to get igpu working is to remove everything and let the system clean because it’s fully compatible.

Hello @deltanguyen,

Let's address the three issues:

1. Bluetooth
  • Delete BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareData.kext from CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.
  • The IOReg file shows that Bluetooth is attached to HS11 so try resetting the Bluetooth module as described here.
  • If this does not work, please take a screenshot of System Information --> Bluetooth (from About this Mac).
2. Vega 56
  • The AMD driver is already loaded and seems to be working correctly. There is no need to make any changes or apply any patches for Vega. Just plug the card in and everything should work. We just need Lilu and WhateverGreen.
  • If you are seeing some problem with the Vega, please describe the problem.
3. Shutdown and Restart
  • This is usually solved by installing EmuVariable (which is already installed).
  • What happens when you select Restart? Does the system crash?
  • What happens when you select Shutdown? Does the system crash or does it restart instead?

Thanks @CaseySJ for such nice advices. Below is my status and actions:
  1. Bluetooth
    • I deleted BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareData.kext from CLOVER/kext/other.
    • There is no bluetooth icon in my preferences & tool bar (I put the attached screen shot 1)
  2. Vega 56
    • I exprienced some sudden screen black out -> find out that was a bug of old model LG ultrafine 5k -> fixed
  3. Shutdown and Restart
    1. Yes, I did installed the EmuVariable as your intrusion, but still don't get the expected result yet
    2. Both restart & shutdown show some lines (attached), after that the monitor goes black, and all internal fan keep running -> nothing happens next
How do you think?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 1.png
    Screen Shot 1.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 61
  • 69784058_761908350909978_4397350636207734784_n.jpg
    69784058_761908350909978_4397350636207734784_n.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 62
Back