Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Thank you, I managed to isolate and fix the problem. However, as a result of applying your config-plist, Mac will not wake from sleep and will be turned off.
Do you mean that computer will actually shutdown when you select Sleep from the Apple menu?

If the Samsung 970 EVO Plus is installed in your system, you must update its firmware. Please see this post:

When the firmware is updated, delete the Install MacOS Mojave app from the Applications folder on your real Mac and download it once again. Then delete it from the USB Install Disk and copy it from Applications folder to USB install disk. It is possible that this file has been corrupted so this procedure will re-download it.

Oh ok ! I will do do it thank you :) But, your tool is a .iso, so I guess I have to install windows on my hackintosh first and update my SSD ?

Here I am again!

Reinstalled as you suggested. Miraculously, Mojave recognised Radeon VII right from the beginning. I did my Multibeast and Post-installation files homework and most things worked pretty good.

Audio didn't, so I changed the layout to 7 as suggested > rebooted and craaack

tons of lines of failed VRAM tests and audio problems (controlID: 17, coreAudioChannelID = 2 FRONT RIGHT oldValue 0x41)

I rebooted from USB and manaeged to reput audio layout at 16. Reboot and same problem. Now I don't seem to be able to reboot from USB either.

I attach latest EFI folder after Multibeast post-installation work, pic of error debug, snapshots of system specs after installation before multibeast and after multibeast. Hope they can help.

ADDITION. Also a nvram.plist file has appeared in EFI root folder. Attached below too.

ADDITION 2. If I put this EFI I zipped below in the USB's EFI and reboot I can actually access Mojave. I've copied this EFI in the place of the on in the SSD, rebooted, still same error about Audio..

Thanks for your amazing work @CaseySJ and all the others!
  • nvram.plist is correct -- this means EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC scripts are properly installed and working.
  • Changing Layout ID from 16 to 7 and then back to 16 should not cause boot failure.
    • Please check that BIOS version F6 or F7 is still installed.
    • Quickly review BIOS settings to verify they are still correct.
  • It may be a good idea to shutdown the system and remove power cable for 10 seconds, then start it up.
  • Post screenshot of the following two items:
    • /Library/Extensions folder
    • System Information --> Audio

Oh ok ! I will do do it thank you :) But, your tool is a .iso, so I guess I have to install windows on my hackintosh first and update my SSD ?
This is a self-booting installer. You can use software such as Balena Etcher to burn the ISO to an empty USB flash disk. Then boot from the USB flash disk (press F12 during BIOS splash screen to select the USB disk).

I haven't done this myself, but in theory it should work!

Thanks a lot for the answer!

BIOS version and settings are OK

I shut down the system > removed cable > boot from USB OK > changed audio layout ID to 1 > reboot from macOS OK!

now, audio works only from HDMI and headphones jack on top of FRACTAL case. Any idea why not from the one on the back?

Anyway THANKS SO MUCH for your help. I attach the file you asked. Please let me know of any change in config you might think would be good.

Thanks!

Attachments

• envoie Tonymacx86 2.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 74
  • zipped.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 66
Thanks a lot for the answer!

BIOS version and settings are OK

I shut down the system > removed cable > boot from USB OK > changed audio layout ID to 1 > reboot from macOS OK!

now, audio works only from HDMI and headphones jack on top of FRACTAL case. Any idea why not from the one on the back?

Anyway THANKS SO MUCH for your help. I attach the file you asked. Please let me know of any change in config you might think would be good.

Thanks!
There are advantages and disadvantages to each Audio Layout. One of the Layouts is better suited to the front audio jack. Another Layout is better suited to the rear jack. We choose the Layout ID that best matches our preference. Note also that we can easily use one of these devices in the front or rear USB port:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IRVQ0F8/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Hi,

Tested with VirtualSMC in stead of FakeSMC. Works great on 10.14.6.

result: Istat Menu is much faster with showing the details menu and the CPU graphs are more frequent updated.
I now have fan speed support (can not change the speed of them with IStat Menu)

But it only shows 2 of the 3 fans, don't know which one.
And no Vega 56 Fan speed.

If the Samsung 970 EVO Plus is installed in your system, you must update its firmware. Please see this post:

When the firmware is updated, delete the Install MacOS Mojave app from the Applications folder on your real Mac and download it once again. Then delete it from the USB Install Disk and copy it from Applications folder to USB install disk. It is possible that this file has been corrupted so this procedure will re-download it.

I updated the firmware with the tool, I did all the steps and recreated a new USB. Still the same error "MacOS could not be installed on your computer".

I updated the firmware with the tool, I did all the steps and recreated a new USB. Still the same error "MacOS could not be installed on your computer".
  • From the list of steps in Installation Overview, at which step is this occurring?
  • At Step 6, were you able to format the Mojave SSD as APFS format and GUID Partition Table scheme?
  • What is the size of the USB Install Disk? Is it between 8GB and 32GB?
  • What is the make/model of the USB Install Disk?

Last edited:
  1. This error is occurring when I click on "Boot macOS Install from Mojave" in step 2.
  2. At Step 6 I tried with APFS or MacOS Extended (Journaled), nothing changed.
  3. My USB drive is 32 Go.
  4. I also tried to disconnect the second SSD drive and leave only the Samsung 970 EVO Plus.

Back