Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

1. This error is occurring when I click on "Boot macOS Install from Mojave" in step 2.
  2. At Step 6 I tried with APFS or MacOS Extended (Journaled), nothing changed.
  3. My USB drive is 32 Go.
  4. I also tried to disconnect the second SSD drive and leave only the Samsung 970 EVO Plus.
I was hoping to avoid this, but looks like it should be attempted now. Please see Posts #13 and #16 here:

New generation UltraFine 5K is out now.
"For the first time, the 5K UltraFine is now compatible with the iPad Pro, finally offering a 5K display option for 2018 iPad Pro users."
I think that means it could have DP1.4 internal input, fingers crossed.
If anyone here gets this, please tell us how it goes with the Designare.

New generation UltraFine 5K is out now.
"For the first time, the 5K UltraFine is now compatible with the iPad Pro, finally offering a 5K display option for 2018 iPad Pro users."
I think that means it could have DP1.4 internal input, fingers crossed.
If anyone here gets this, please tell us how it goes with the Designare.
For $1300 I expect this thing to be made from aluminum. If it's another rickety-rackety plastic design then it's a much tougher buying decision. No details yet on camera quality (1080p probably) or speaker quality. But it works with both Thunderbolt 3 and DisplayPort-over-USB-C so it's quite promising.

HEy @JayShay I couldnt see my Radeon Vega VII listed n PCI, am I missing something ? Also I only see ATI Radeon 16 GB in my about details.

Just make sure you can see it in Graphics/Displays. From my limited knowledge of SSDTs they are used in defining the system and can help things moving forward. They are not drivers but more of definitions (anybody correct me if I'm wrong) Many times I have seen things in PCI added from a custom SSDT that I've tried, but there really is no functionality, just that the Mac expects something to be there.

Like I said previously, on my system, if you add Casey's custom SSDT for RX580 then my Radeon VII will show up in PCI

Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 3.11.55 PM.png

For $1300 I expect this thing to be made from aluminum. If it's another rickety-rackety plastic design then it's a much tougher buying decision. No details yet on camera quality (1080p probably) or speaker quality. But it works with both Thunderbolt 3 and DisplayPort-over-USB-C so it's quite promising.

I agree but the display quality is incredible. I've had many 4k monitors, but until you get to 500 nits and 100% P3 there is no match. Got mine used for under $500!

So who's buying this to test? :lol:

I can verify that you CANNOT run current version at 5K - not happening with single DP 1.4

I was hoping to avoid this, but looks like it should be attempted now. Please see Posts #13 and #16 here:

Thank you so much !! You are so helpful ! :clap::clap::clap:

I succeed with this command : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...er-resources-error.263961/page-6#post-1987188

Because I used this post to create my USB Install : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ller-is-incomplete.249330/page-8#post-1931429

Now post install ! Hope It will be easier ;)

Do you mean that computer will actually shutdown when you select Sleep from the Apple menu?
Almost similar to that. Specifically, if I select Sleep, the screen will be black and the signal to the monitor display will be disconnected. (This is correct behavior) But the fans keep turning. If I click or touch the power button, the Mac won't wake up. After a while, the power will turn off. It will automatically restart and change to the Clover screen. So there are problems with sleep and awakening.

I agree but the display quality is incredible. I've had many 4k monitors, but until you get to 500 nits and 100% P3 there is no match. Got mine used for under $500!

So who's buying this to test? :lol:

I can verify that you CANNOT run current version at 5K - not happening with single DP 1.4

Nope, I am using it right now. Full 5K I though.
Update when I got home.

Attachments

• CEB2C56B-80D9-471E-B31D-F9EDB778194E.jpeg
    CEB2C56B-80D9-471E-B31D-F9EDB778194E.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 87
Hello @CaseySJ, I'm back trying to debug another [not so annoying] issue:

When I send my hackintosh to sleep, everything goes as expected. Te computer goes to sleep without a problem and stays that way. But, after a while (it can be minutes or even hours sometimes) it wakes up again. Here is a list of the things I've done to try to fix the issue:

1. Check that I'm actually using your most actual SSDT for USB.
2. Check that Wake for network access is disabled under System Preferences.
3. Check that Handoff is disabled under System Preferences.
4. Perform the steps detailed under Fixing auto-sleep issues.

I'm attaching my EFI folder, IORegistryExplorer save file, two screenshots and Wake Reason LOG obtained by this command on Terminal:

Code:
log show --style syslog | fgrep "[powerd:sleepWake]"

Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 21.18.31.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 21.18.44.png

Also (and I really don't want to steal much of your time), I'm at the point where if I fix this issue this will be a golden build. So, if you could just take an overall look to my EFI folder to see that I'm on the right path that would be absolutely great!

Thank you so much,

Cheers! :thumbup:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.2 MB · Views: 90
  • iMac_franz.ioreg
    8 MB · Views: 87
  • Wake Reason LOG.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 60
Hello @CaseySJ, I'm back trying to debug another [not so annoying] issue:

When I send my hackintosh to sleep, everything goes as expected. Te computer goes to sleep without a problem and stays that way. But, after a while (it can be minutes or even hours sometimes) it wakes up again. Here is a list of the things I've done to try to fix the issue:

1. Check that I'm actually using your most actual SSDT for USB.
2. Check that Wake for network access is disabled under System Preferences.
3. Check that Handoff is disabled under System Preferences.
4. Perform the steps detailed under Fixing auto-sleep issues.

I'm attaching my EFI folder, IORegistryExplorer save file, two screenshots and Wake Reason LOG obtained by this command on Terminal:

Code:
log show --style syslog | fgrep "[powerd:sleepWake]"

View attachment 419399
View attachment 419401

Also (and I really don't want to steal much of your time), I'm at the point where if I fix this issue this will be a golden build. So, if you could just take an overall look to my EFI folder to see that I'm on the right path that would be absolutely great!

Thank you so much,

Cheers! :thumbup:

Woah, I've never seen the option to enable hand off in System Preferences. Did you do something special to get that there?

Edit: Dumb, airport fixup did it.

Last edited:
Back