Please try the attached file -- rename it of course to config.plist. Comments:
  • Sets SMBIOS to Macmini8,1
  • Puts iGPU into headless mode with platform ID 0x3E980003
  • Your display monitor must be connected to your Vega GPU
  • Enables "Trust" checkbox in SMBIOS
Some BIOS settings to verify:
  • BIOS --> IGFX --> Enabled
  • BIOS --> Initial Display Output --> PCIe 1 Slot
NOTE: If your system boots to a black screen (i.e. no output from Vega GPU) or your system simply does not boot, please let me know.

Now it is working with SMBIOS of iMac Pro and enabled Intel Gpu ! What is the diffrence with the Mac mini, iMac and so on SMBIOS?
My last Hackintosh build was 7 years ago a lot learn again ;)
Intel Gpu is enabled at Bios i was thinking this is importend for hardware encoding Adobe Premiere and others right?

Now it is working with SMBIOS of iMac Pro and enabled Intel Gpu ! What is the diffrence with the Mac mini, iMac and so on SMBIOS?
My last Hackintosh build was 7 years ago a lot learn again ;)
Intel Gpu is enabled at Bios i was thinking this is importend for hardware encoding Adobe Premiere and others right?
The real iMac Pro uses Intel Xeon CPUs. These CPUs do not have integrated graphics (no iGPU). By using SMBIOS "iMacPro1,1" you are effectively disabling the iGPU. But this can lead to higher performance because macOS will use the AMD Vega for all GPU-related operations.

If you use "Macmini8,1" in headless mode (platform ID 0x3E980003), both internal and discrete GPUs will be used. But some applications may prioritize the GPU based simply on the alphabetical order of the name -- and choose the one is alphabetically first.

If your system is running fine under iMacPro1,1 -- this means Quick Look, Preview, HEVC, H.264, and your professional apps -- then it's perfectly okay to stay on iMacPro1,1.

Thx for the detailed answer!
Now i'm stuck again at boot up i put my Wlan Bluetooth Card into the system and boot up hangs now.
It's a BCM94360CS2. Its connected on USB2.0 Header(F_USB2) on Mainboard at PCIEX1_2.
Normally i would say Pram reset will fix but i think not on Hackintosh ;).

Ah yeah you are right no igpu but you can use hw acceleration with the Intel Xeon when you encode H.264 on real imac pros on adobe premiere then it encodes much faster. i have to check it out if this is working with a hackintosh with 9900k.

Attachments

• IMG_6535.JPG
    IMG_6535.JPG
    935.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_6536.JPG
    IMG_6536.JPG
    612.6 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_6537.JPG
    IMG_6537.JPG
    408.4 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Thx for the detailed answer!
Now i'm stuck again at boot up i put my Wlan Bluetooth Card into the system and boot up hangs now.
It's a BCM94360CS2. Its connected on USB2.0 Header(F_USB2) on Mainboard at PCIEX1_2.
Normally i would say Pram reset will fix but i think not on Hackintosh ;).

Ah yeah you are right no igpu but you can use hw acceleration with the Intel Xeon when you encode H.264 on real imac pros on adobe premiere. i have to check it out if this is working with a hackintosh with 9900k.
Because you're using iMacPro1,1 please try this first:
  • BIOS --> IGFX --> Disabled
  • Reboot -- does the system start?

Yes this is perfectly valid. There's a screenshot in Final Steps in Post-Installation that shows these USB port limit patches.

Do you plan to use an AMD RX 5xx or Vega 56/64 graphics card? Many professional applications make extensive use of compute units on GPUs so discrete GPUs are highly recommended. In this case I personally recommend:
  • SMBIOS = Macmini8,1 for now. But with 10.14.5 in the future, we will experiment with iMac19,1.
  • Platform ID = 0x3E980003 (headless). You will have to connect display monitor to the AMD GPU.
  • BIOS --> IGFX --> Enabled
  • BIOS --> Initial Display Output --> PCIe 1 Slot
Because the Fractal Design Define C TG has only 2 USB 3.0 ports on front panel and no USB Type C, it means we should remove SS01 from the Custom USB SSDT. This has been done in the attached file.

Thanks a lot for Your help.
Yes, i have a Sapphire Radeon RX580 Pulse 8 GB.
If I understand correctly, should I set Clover Configurator like this for Macmini8,1 Sysdef?
Devices -> IntelGFX = 0x0
Graphics -> ig-platform-id = 0x3E980003
Graphics -> Inject Intel = uncheck

Because you're using iMacPro1,1 please try this first:
  • BIOS --> IGFX --> Disabled
  • Reboot -- does the system start?

No same like before.

No same like before.
Does it boot if you remove the WiFi card? If so, please try that, login to Mojave, Mount EFI partition, and compress/upload your Clover folder.

Also grab a screenshot of the /Library/Extensions folder.

Thanks a lot for Your help,
Yes, i have a Sapphire Radeon RX580 Pulse 8 GB.
If I understand correctly, should I set Clover Configurator like this for Macmini8,1 Sysdef?
Devices -> IntelGFX = 0x0
Graphics -> ig-platform-id = 0x3E980003
Graphics -> Inject Intel = uncheck
It would be better to use WhateverGreen to configure the iGPU. If you provide your config.plist, I can make the changes. But you can also try the above procedure as you wrote it, but Inject Intel = checked on.

Does it boot if you remove the WiFi card? If so, please try that, login to Mojave, Mount EFI partition, and compress/upload your Clover folder.

Also grab a screenshot of the /Library/Extensions folder.

Yes without it boots up. This is where it hangs.

Attachments

• IMG_6538.JPG
    IMG_6538.JPG
    959.6 KB · Views: 59
  • CLOVER.zip
    3 MB · Views: 73
  • Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-19 um 21.09.48.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-19 um 21.09.48.png
    105.6 KB · Views: 73
Back